• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***

this, 3 points in the bag, our two new players obviously contributing ...

somedays I really don't know what people expect ...

I agree, i have to shake my head at some of the comments about this player, that player being brick, how as a team we showed no plan/structure.

In both games so far we have been the best team overall and deserved all 6 points not just four. Now i am no "happy clappy' fan who can not see that we are not playing at our best but to hear/see some comments you would think we were bottom of the table. We have introduced two new players ( who from what i have seen are going to make us better/stronger), we have players who are still recovering from a busy summer, Dembélé has not been availiabe yet and we still have looked the best team in both games.

The only thing i am slightly concerned about is our habit of not being clinical enough in our finishing, its not just in the last two games as we seemed to do the same in several matches last season as well. I do like the look of Janssen though and he looks like he will be a major player for us this year.

MOM yesterday for me was Walker who really is playing well and good to see Jan and Toby back in the swing again.

Last edited:
I didn't get to see the game, but judging from my pal who was at the game, we should be having serious relegation fears (he's the type of guy that wanted rid of Poch after his first season though, mind). I don't care too much about how we play this early in the season, it's just about getting a few wins, getting fit, getting the team going. I'd be surprised if our play didn't improve bit by bit as we go along. As someone else pointed out, no one so far have looked particularly impressive - except for perhaps both Manchester clubs - but then again, against brick opponents. Glad we won. Feel bad for Janssen missing the sitter. He'll come good though, can't see another Soldado story with this one, way less pressure on Vincent.

Yep, it's too early to be worried or overly excited.

Didn't Emirates Marketing Project win their first five games last season and lots were saying (not on here) that they were nailed on.

Yep, it's too early to be worried or overly excited.

Didn't Emirates Marketing Project win their first five games last season and lots were saying (not on here) that they were nailed on.

I thought they were until I saw us play them and realised they were a group of very good players but not a team

I agree, i have to shake my head at some of the comments about this player, that player being brick, how as a team we showed no plan/structure.

In both games so far we have been the best team overall and deserved all 6 points not just four. Now i am no "happy clappy' fan who can not see that we are not playing at our best but to hear/see some comments you would think we were bottom of the table. We have introduced two new players ( who from what i have seen are going to make us better/stronger), we have players who are still recovering from a busy summer, Dembélé has not been availiabe yet and we still have looked the best team in both games.

The only thing i am slightly concerned about is our habit of not being clinical enough in our finishing, its not just in the last two games as we seemed to do the same in several matches last season as well. I do like the look of Janssen though and he looks like he will be a major player for us this year.

MOM yesterday for me was Walker who really is playing well and good to see Jan and Toby back in the swing again.
Yep Walker was MOTM for me too. Back 5 were all good.

Agree with everything you said, particularly that last line...Walker was immense, and I have to admit Jan looked on top form which is great.

Where did those 5 minutes of added time come from? I know the palace players where a lot down on the floor, but 5 minutes seemed a bit too much

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner
I turned to my son prior to the board going up and guessed 6 minutes. There were a few injuries, a reasonable amount of time wasting by Palace and also remember that it is 30 seconds added per sub and 30 seconds added per goal.

That was so funny. Delaney was on the floor right near the deadball line refusing to move the one yard to get off the pitch. Then when he realised he was getting subbed he tried to signal to the bench he was fine (even though he was in agony 20 seconds earlier). When they ignored him he threw his toys out of the pram 'big time' right in front of us.
It was the 2nd best highlight of the game just behind Lamela's nutmeg
Did you miss us scoring the winning (and only) goal?

Really good win this. Was on way home on rain with family after a trip to Hamley's and then saw the posts on here saying Wanyama scored; bliss:)

Well done lads for keeping on persisting. Well done Victor.

COYS

quoted out of context. going into the liverpool game with the form from this game, wouldn't it worry you?
Why the fudge should we be worried going into the Liverpool game with 1 win and 1 draw, having played 2 games where we have been the better side in both? And that vs a Liverpool team that has conceded 5 goals in 2 games and lost to Burnley?
You must be mad!

Why the fudge should we be worried going into the Liverpool game with 1 win and 1 draw, having played 2 games where we have been the better side in both? And that vs a Liverpool team that has conceded 5 goals in 2 games and lost to Burnley?
You must be mad!

no I'm not mad. thats a fundamental difference between how you and i appreciate the game i guess.

It was nice to get our first league win of the season. Crucially, it was also our first win in 6 league matches since last season. It was not really a convincing win. We had to work hard to beat Palace. But hopefully we will improve our performance in the coming matches.

Credit to Wanyama for scoring his first goal for us which turns out to be our only goal. Kane had the assist for the goal but wish he had scored instead. Similiarly, Janssen should have scored from his one-on-one chance against the goalie. Lamela didn't continue his goal or assist run but it was from his good corner that we scored from.

Our midfield have decently without Dembele. It was great to win without Dembele for once ! But to have a defensive midfielder like Wanyama scoring the winner could be crucial for us. Maybe our midfield could make the difference for us in tight matches this season.

Our defence did well to stop Palace from scoring. It was our first clean sheet in 6 matches from last season. It was another error-free performance in goal by Vorm. Hopefully it will boost his confidence to do well until Lloris returns.

It is a great feeling to get our first win of the season. But we definately need to do better against Liverpool in our next match.

It was nice to get our first league win of the season. Crucially, it was also our first win in 6 league matches since last season. It was not really a convincing win. We had to work hard to beat Palace. But hopefully we will improve our performance in the coming matches.

Credit to Wanyama for scoring his first goal for us which turns out to be our only goal. Kane had the assist for the goal but wish he had scored instead. Similiarly, Janssen should have scored from his one-on-one chance against the goalie. Lamela didn't continue his goal or assist run but it was from his good corner that we scored from.

Our midfield have decently without Dembele. It was great to win without Dembele for once ! But to have a defensive midfielder like Wanyama scoring the winner could be crucial for us. Maybe our midfield could make the difference for us in tight matches this season.

Our defence did well to stop Palace from scoring. It was our first clean sheet in 6 matches from last season. It was another error-free performance in goal by Vorm. Hopefully it will boost his confidence to do well until Lloris returns.

It is a great feeling to get our first win of the season. But we definately need to do better against Liverpool in our next match.

But Liverpool will have to do much much better against us than they did vs burnley to get anything

Back