• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***

AberYid

Steven Caulker
Saturday August 20th
3pm
White Hart Lane

Lloris (Vorm if not fit)
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Wanyama
Lamela Dele Eriksen
Kane

4-0
Kane, Lamela x 2, Janssen

Simple.

--------------------------Lloris/Vorm

---Trippier---------Alder-----------Verts-------Davies/Rose

---------------------Wanyama----Winks

---Lamela---------------Mason-------------Eriksen

--------------------------Janssen

Subs: McGee, Wimmer, 2CV, KWP, Onomah, Njie, Son

Ok, bear with me. It's a long season. Three of our five England players looked completely knackered against Everton. We've got two home games, and then an international break until 10 September. Our new players were looking really sharp and Dembele is back for Liverpool.

Basically I'd consider giving Kane, Alli, Dier and Walker a fortnight more off for the sake of whole campaign, while resting our LBs for one each of the games.

--------------------------Lloris/Vorm

---Trippier---------Alder-----------Verts-------Davies/Rose

---------------------Wanyama----Winks

---Lamela---------------Mason-------------Eriksen

--------------------------Janssen

Subs: McGee, Wimmer, 2CV, KWP, Onomah, Njie, Son

Ok, bear with me. It's a long season. Three of our five England players looked completely knackered against Everton. We've got two home games, and then an international break until 10 September. Our new players were looking really sharp and Dembele is back for Liverpool.

Basically I'd consider giving Kane, Alli, Dier and Walker a fortnight more off for the sake of whole campaign, while resting our LBs for one each of the games.
I see where you are going with this but I would still probably play Dier, Walker and Rose. Walker in particular showed no lethargy at all.
Kane and Alli were poor against Everton. Both looked a little leggy and not that sharp in their movement, so a case could be made for resting them.

I see where you are going with this but I would still probably play Dier, Walker and Rose. Walker in particular showed no lethargy at all.
Kane and Alli were poor against Everton. Both looked a little leggy and not that sharp in their movement, so a case could be made for resting them.

I agree the FBs actually looked ok.

For me Dier-Wanyama is troublesome anyway - it's too defensive against average sides. Having a ballplayer like Winks or Mason in there while Dembele is out will help our fluidity.

take out eriksen until we settle his contract - it won't do either of us any good with an invisible performance
wanyama and dier can stay - play two strikers up front for a simpler set up.
and lets just put shots in from far, kane and janssen look like the type who know where to turn up.

take out eriksen until we settle his contract - it won't do either of us any good with an invisible performance
wanyama and dier can stay - play two strikers up front for a simpler set up.
and lets just put shots in from far, kane and janssen look like the type who know where to turn up.

Who would you play on the left? Mason? Onomah? Chadli's seemingly out of the door. Son will be leggy and jet-lagged at best. And Njie has "a small injury", but we don't know what

the other side of the argument could be that in order to get their match fitness up they need to play matches...

Of course, but it would/should include Walker, Kane etc. Resting players should not come into so early in the season.

i don't think it's a case of resting players, it's just that some players aren't yet up to speed so maybe those that are would put in better performances.

personally id start with our strongest 'on paper' XI anyway, for the reason above - if Kane and Alli need to improve match fitness then they need to play matches - but i can see the reasoning behind posters with the opposite view

i don't think it's a case of resting players, it's just that some players aren't yet up to speed so maybe those that are would put in better performances.

personally id start with our strongest 'on paper' XI anyway, for the reason above - if Kane and Alli need to improve match fitness then they need to play matches - but i can see the reasoning behind posters with the opposite view

So we agree then. :)

So we agree then. :)

yeah on the starting line up, i was just explaining why our strongest team on paper might not be the strongest team available for the weekend - id play Kane because i think he needs to get up to match fitness, but i think we would probably be a stronger team with him on the bench and Janssen in the team instead (because Janssen looks ahead of Kane, fitness wise atm)

Surely we dont need 2 DMs at home to Palace

Lloris
Walker-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
Son-Dier-Eriksen-Lamela
Kane-Janssen

Subs. Vorm,Tripper,Davies,Mason,Wanyama,Alli, Harrison

Of course, but it would/should include Walker, Kane etc. Resting players should not come into so early in the season.

But if we don't manage their fitness, they'll either get injured or they'll fall off a cliff in January. Remember Kane hasn't had a break in 2 years now because of consecutive international summers. We need to give them time to taper properly before we start getting them back towards a peak

Back