• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Axel Witsel

Good player but I cant see that we need him enough to spend £25m or whatever he'd cost on him. Need a CF in Jan and then if we qualify for the CL, another CB of TA/JV quality and an attacker/winger/forward one bracket above the likes of Son/Eriksen/Lamela/Chadli etc (ie someone like Silva, or the next Hazard etc)

This ship has sailed. I did want him in the summer, but Mousa's form has obviated the need for another midfielder like him. Striker first, a backup CB who can also play DM (a la Dier) second, although that second acquisition is still a bit saddening given that we have Veljkovic who'd fit that role perfectly, but is leaving the club for whatever reason.

Hughes does have a knack for spending lots of money, but they are increasingly becoming a collection of individuals who don't play as a team and often can't be bothered. Perfect club for anyone who's mostly in it for the money.

Still of the same opinion after his world class performance this afternoon? 98% pass accuracy!!! And a great combo with our Moussa!

Can you have a world class display against a bunch of journeymen from the championship and SPL?

My biggest concern with Witsel is that he's spent his entire career in completely uncompetitive leagues. Now at 27 I think he's likely to do a Paulinho or Pav/Arshavin if he has to raise his game that big a level week-in-week-out

Can you have a world class display against a bunch of journeymen from the championship and SPL?

My biggest concern with Witsel is that he's spent his entire career in completely uncompetitive leagues. Now at 27 I think he's likely to do a Paulinho or Pav/Arshavin if he has to raise his game that big a level week-in-week-out

I trust that being the footballing luminary that you are, you're aware that only 2 of the Irish starting XI played their club football last season for non Premier League teams?

Decent player and would be a good addition for us - cant see us paying the price / wages

No way would I sign a play if I thought he was no more than decent, it is one thing to have a decent player come through our youth ranks but we need to be buying better than "decent"

Going to Zenit wasn't a career move but for his bank balance, can't see him signing for anyone unless it does the same thing now. Personally I'd pass on any player with that attitude.

Back