• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

I was planning a round with some people off here but have managed to herniate a disc and sever a tendon in my finger all in the same week so I'm done for the year. Bought a new set of clubs in January as well and hit a grand total of 30 balls at the range with them so far.

DSC_0043.jpg

2nd at my course

Last edited:
Good for you muirfield.
It's a private club, why should it have members foisted on it that it doesn't want.

I with you on this, its a private club, there are plenty of women only clubs (ok non golf) out there. What makes me laugh is the R&A were happy to host it there for the other 12 times.

Augusta has some pretty hot rules too but thats classed as best club in the world

@Grays_1890 - lovely course. Where is it?

Augusta allows women members, it's just ridiculously hard to get membership anyway so there aren't many of them.

Limited to 300 if I remember

That in it self could be classed as closed minded (I dont BTW)

Like said I think clubs have their own right to an extent to admit who they like.

I with you on this, its a private club, there are plenty of women only clubs (ok non golf) out there. What makes me laugh is the R&A were happy to host it there for the other 12 times.

Augusta has some pretty hot rules too but thats classed as best club in the world
Actually there are a lot more women only golf clubs than men only. I didn't know this until last night when the woman on radio 4 blasting muirfield mentioned it. But that's different seemingly.
The Open is no truly open to anyone who wants to qualify, bet you can't say the same about the women's Open.

Last night was farcial really, clearly didn't cause the ball to move. Pleased he won anyway, has been on the verge for a while. Lowry will get one soon, he's been making inroads the last few years now. Westwood will never get one, biggest choker going.

I don't think Westwood gives a brick anymore. he is a multi millionaire and been the best in the world.

All he wants to do now is see his kids, shag that new Mrs he has and go horse racing. Good for him.

With all the players who practice 70 hours a week and hit it 320 yards he doesn't really stand a chance at most venues in the world.

He may have a good chance at the open but I fear there are too many players better than him now.

Hus performance during 2008-2010 Was easily the best tee to green I have seen anyone in the world.

I don't think Westwood gives a brick anymore. he is a multi millionaire and been the best in the world.

All he wants to do now is see his kids, shag that new Mrs he has and go horse racing. Good for him.

With all the players who practice 70 hours a week and hit it 320 yards he doesn't really stand a chance at most venues in the world.

He may have a good chance at the open but I fear there are too many players better than him now.

Hus performance during 2008-2010 Was easily the best tee to green I have seen anyone in the world.

He can't putt and at his level that's really all its about now. Technology has made the gap between best and the also rans very small in the long game. Putting is an art not a science and technology isn't much help.
Even though none of them are particularly likeable people I feel for the lines of Westwood, Garcia, monty and by the looks of things Lowry who are all in the same boat.

You can work at putting though, Spieth apparently spends 4/5 hours a day putting and he's probably the best around. Granted its not the most exciting way to spend your day.

Putting you either have or don't. It's not a matter of hitting the ball on a straight line, they all do that perfectly. It's pace and break and that is an art form at their level.

I'm lucky enough to play to a very good hcp and have played with a couple of the best amateurs in England yet for how good they are they are nowhere near good enough for the tour and their putting is phenomenal!

You can work at putting though, Spieth apparently spends 4/5 hours a day putting and he's probably the best around. Granted its not the most exciting way to spend your day.
Is that true? I get bored after 4/5 practice putts, let alone hours. Every day. So dull.

Westy's putting is of course a "major" (haha) problem, but his short game doesn't help either. His chipping looks nothing but natural.

On putting, imagine if Rory putted like Spite. He'd be racking up rounds in the 50`s every other week!

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

Is that true? I get bored after 4/5 practice putts, let alone hours. Every day. So dull.

Apparently yeah, he said that putting is half the game so he spends half his practice time on it. Does show, think he has the highest one put drop percentage on the tour.

Putting will make or break your rounds.

Half of Bubba and DJ's problems have been putting and green play. Thats why they don't kill courses even with their length off the tee, their short game usually crumbles

Stenson take a bow, incredible golf, 63 in the final round, massive props to Phil though a 65 and beats 3rd by 11 shots but doesn't win !!

one of those duels people will be talking about in 20 years, a 63 in 15mph winds on a links course in the final round of an open is ridiculous, if you had told phil he would have shot a 65 this morning, he would have been certain he had got his 2nd jug.

Back