• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Mason's injured. He'll have his operation this week and hopefully be back to last season's level again next season.

This is the best and most mentally strong squad we've had in 50 years.

No point overreacting basically because the squad have been mourning losing the title.

If this comes across as an attack then apologies, but this is the most laughable statement I have read on this board for a long time! Mentally strong? Getting pumped 5-1 by an already relegated side with nothing to play for (who did the double over us btw) is showing strong mentality is it? Jesus Christ! You say we are mentally strong, so shouldn't they be able to get over "mourning the title" by managing to scrap a single point that would have guaranteed second place against Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

I get that the players are gutted, but there is no excuse for the performances of the last two games.

Yes we've had a raw deal with other clubs players openly admitting they don't want us to win the league, but do you know what strong clubs what have done like United under Fergie and Chelsea under Mourinho mk1? They would have used it as motivation. What did we do? We kicked a few players up in the air (whilst picking up needless suspensions) and felt sorry for ourselves.

You do realise we have had teams that actually won trophies during those 50 years don't you? We're still a nearly team despite the manager and players.

I honestly have no idea how Poch is supposed to change the culture at this club. As others have alluded to, the fans have too many mental scars to truly trust the club, no matter who is wearing the shirts and no matter who is in charge. The nerves will transfer to the players and the cycle will keep repeating itself. As Emirates Marketing Project found out, only the players can truly change it by winning trophies.

Objectives change as the season progresses. In 2011/12, most reasonable people would have been over the moon with 4th place at the beginning, but Chelsea and Arsenal were below par and we failed to take advantage. So is this season a success? Yes it is, but we have still underachieved by blowing 2nd place and Poch said it.

If this comes across as an attack then apologies, but this is the most laughable statement I have read on this board for a long time! Mentally strong? Getting pumped 5-1 by an already relegated side with nothing to play for (who did the double over us btw) is showing strong mentality is it? Jesus Christ! You say we are mentally strong, so shouldn't they be able to get over "mourning the title" by managing to scrap a single point that would have guaranteed second place against Southampton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

I get that the players are gutted, but there is no excuse for the performances of the last two games.

Yes we've had a raw deal with other clubs players openly admitting they don't want us to win the league, but do you know what strong clubs what have done like United under Fergie and Chelsea under Mourinho mk1? They would have used it as motivation. What did we do? We kicked a few players up in the air (whilst picking up needless suspensions) and felt sorry for ourselves.

You do realise we have had teams that actually won trophies during those 50 years don't you? We're still a nearly team despite the manager and players.

I honestly have no idea how Poch is supposed to change the culture at this club. As others have alluded to, the fans have too many mental scars to truly trust the club, no matter who is wearing the shirts and no matter who is in charge. The nerves will transfer to the players and the cycle will keep repeating itself. As Emirates Marketing Project found out, only the players can truly change it by winning trophies.

Objectives change as the season progresses. In 2011/12, most reasonable people would have been over the moon with 4th place at the beginning, but Chelsea and Arsenal were below par and we failed to take advantage. So is this season a success? Yes it is, but we have still underachieved by blowing 2nd place and Poch said it.

agreed

there were no mitigating factors here, no distractions, just bottle

500 on Saudi Sportswashing Machine at half time got me 670 back. Not enough to to lift my foul mood.
Haa...my point was you could put your house on it, we would be fudging it up..
yeah...the bookies have wised up to us ...even with 45 bloody minutes left to turn it around!
hang on...no! they should be offering us bigger odds to win...
latest.....
the bookies have changed their minds..about huge odds again!
offering us 100 times that of Leicester to win the Prem...

All quiet and humble when we were in the title mix playing it down as nothing if Spurs finish above them, then true colours have come out, has been an endless barrage of classless scum fans today, the only thing they have is finishing above spurs. Going beyond a joke difficult to laugh it off.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't play on the counter, well not until we threw everything forward when 3-1 down, they went toe to toe with us and were just better all over the pitch.

Were you at the game? Only saying that as for most of the first half as well Alderweireld was playing 5-10 yrds inside their half. They did have more possession in second but the tactics were just emphasised after the red

I honestly have no idea how Poch is supposed to change the culture at this club. As others have alluded to, the fans have too many mental scars to truly trust the club, no matter who is wearing the shirts and no matter who is in charge. The nerves will transfer to the players and the cycle will keep repeating itself.

Jurgen..agree ..how will Poch change this club?
GHod only knows..
but...you don't think of past history when supporting your team during
a game LOL.
Apart from those on the left on the shelf and Paxton..The rest of our so called fans only sing when the players do the work..No proper support until were fudging winning.
Our last game at home was digusting as far as the supporters go. After not encouraging
them for most of the game..half had fudged off at the end! LAST GAME OF THE SEASON at HOME!
This attitude would not exactly have inspired the players for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine match..
would it......................????????????????????????

I posted this in an inappropriate thread, so moving it here.

For all of his expression of anger and frustration after the match, I had hoped to see more urgency from Poch from the bench to rally the troops yesterday if no one on the pitch was serving that role.

Granted, I only saw what they showed on TV, but I saw too much of him in his seat with his head in his hands, when I wanted to see him on the touchline yelling and shouting and giving direction and inspiration. Yesterday was the day to leave it all on the pitch.

(If it happened but I just didn't see it on the tele, then obviously I stand corrected)

I posted this in an inappropriate thread, so moving it here.

For all of his expression of anger and frustration after the match, I had hoped to see more urgency from Poch from the bench to rally the troops yesterday if no one on the pitch was serving that role.

Granted, I only saw what they showed on TV, but I saw too much of him in his seat with his head in his hands, when I wanted to see him on the touchline yelling and shouting and giving direction and inspiration. Yesterday was the day to leave it all on the pitch.

What would have been the point, though? The players had gone on holiday before this game arrived, and shouting at them only to watch them f*ck up even more because they didn't care would only have served to male him look like a gesticulating fool on the sidelines to a lot of them.

No, better to bide your time and then stick the knife in at the pre-season meeting - extra training for some, brusque sales for the others. No mercy, no allowance for weakness.

I'd like to think that Poch is fair and understanding to the players who give him 100℅ every game. But he cannot, and must not allow even one inch of space for lazy,mentally weak bottlers, which this game revealed still exist in significant numbers at the club.

What would have been the point, though? The players had gone on holiday before this game arrived, and shouting at them only to watch them f*ck up even more because they didn't care would only have served to male him look like a gesticulating fool on the sidelines to a lot of them.

No, better to bide your time and then stick the knife in at the pre-season meeting - ext.

I guess I have to disagree. The time for a swot to the backside was during the match, when we needed a point. Not after the season is over. You work with what you have. If Poch felt that there was no point, then he gave up as well and didn't fight to the final whistle.

Of course I don't know that any of that is true. I have absolutely no idea what happened these last four games, but honestly I have trouble buying the overly simplistic "they went on holiday" narrative.

I guess I have to disagree. The time for a swot to the backside was during the match, when we needed a point. Not after the season is over. You work with what you have. If Poch felt that there was no point, then he gave up as well and didn't fight to the final whistle.

Of course I don't know that any of that is true. I have absolutely no idea what happened these last four games, but honestly I have trouble buying the overly simplistic "they went on holiday" narrative.

Well, it would depend on whether he was thinking instantly or long-term - players remember their managers' actions for a while, so jumping up and down only to see us smashed 5-1 might have carried over in some form into next season. But if he's already planning for next season, perhaps that would have been seen as too much of a risk to take.

The 'they were on holiday' narrative isn't something the fans themselves are proposing alone - hell, Poch himself said thos exact words ('they were on holiday') after yesterday's disaster. I'd veer towards believing it on the strength of that evidence.

I kind of see Dubai's point (although haven't seen the game yesterday). But overall, we need players that are winners, that buy into the system completely, that believe they should be winning the league and take it as an affront that they are below where they should be.

If Walker was one of the chief offenders yesterday, and if we had lost his head over these last 4 games in not contributing like he should have done, then it almost doesn't matter that he is rapid and can dribble, we need to get rid and get someone with a superior mentality that may not look shiny on the outside, but will consistently put in 100%, not just of effort, but of focused, ruthless performance. The players lost their heads over these last couple of weeks. We will never change if we continue to allow that to be acceptable.
Walker would be quite a long way down the list of players who have cost us points over the last 4 games.... I don't think there is anything wrong with his mentality. The players who I have felt have been under par at times during these past 4 games have been Lloris, Alerweireld, Dier, Eriksen and Kane and of course both Alli and Dembele have massively let us down with childish antics and forced us to have to play in a different way - but because they are favourites with the fans most of them have had quite an easy ride.

Personally I think our first choice team is fantastic. Not a single one of our first 11 (Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane) should be going anywhere this Summer. The problem is that the cover player in the squad for each of them is a drop down and in some cases a HUGE drop down. Each of the players above needs a player to properly challenge them for a first team spot, not a player who is simply a cover player who only comes in should one of the first 11 be injured/suspended/rested.

Lloris, Alderweireld, Dier, Eriksen and Kane are all indispensable in terms of talent and profile (what would voluntarily selling them say about us as a side?) and potential replacements in the side should their purchased replacement struggle.

Walker is not any of those things, and Trippier can do his job with considerable aplomb. If we were looking for a sacrificial lamb to instill a true fear of GHod into the players, he'd be it, imo. Well, him or Rose, but Rose has had the more impressive season, all things considered, and has the (very marginally) worse backup in Davies when compared to the Walker-Trippier dynamic.

Lloris, Alderweireld, Dier, Eriksen and Kane are all indispensable in terms of talent and profile (what would voluntarily selling them say about us as a side?) and potential replacements in the side should their purchased replacement struggle.

Walker is not any of those things, and Trippier can do his job with considerable aplomb. If we were looking for a sacrificial lamb to instill a true fear of GHod into the players, he'd be it, imo. Well, him or Rose, but Rose has had the more impressive season, all things considered, and has the (very marginally) worse backup in Davies when compared to the Walker-Trippier dynamic.

Trippier is a good wing back, very good actually but isn't proven as a high level defender.

Trippier is a good wing back, very good actually but isn't proven as a high level defender.

Oh no, I'm not saying we rely on Trippier to replace Walker completely - if we do use him as a sacrificial lamb, we'll still have to sign someone better than him to take his spot. But if that replacement fails or struggles early on, we can rely on Trippier to do an adequate (more than adequate, really) job, in my view.

Saying that after losing to a relegated side who just put 3 unanswered goals with 10 men Hmmm, 10 men - isn't that not playing with 100% ?

OK - not his first language, but that thought/concept should not even be in his head.
Come on!
It was the same observation we all made yesterday!

I kind of see Dubai's point (although haven't seen the game yesterday). But overall, we need players that are winners, that buy into the system completely, that believe they should be winning the league and take it as an affront that they are below where they should be.

If Walker was one of the chief offenders yesterday, and if we had lost his head over these last 4 games in not contributing like he should have done, then it almost doesn't matter that he is rapid and can dribble, we need to get rid and get someone with a superior mentality that may not look shiny on the outside, but will consistently put in 100%, not just of effort, but of focussed, ruthless performance. The players lost their heads over these last couple of weeks. We will never change if we continue to allow that to be acceptable.

He was not one of the 'cheif offenders' at all. Seriously. I find the over-criticism of him bizarre. In fact, I find the plunge-to-black after yesterday really, really confusing. The polarization. The black and white. I get the impression that not slitting your wrists over yesterday makes you a happy clapper?

It was a shocking, gobbrick performance, and I have a few figures I think need to be looked at (a couple of seniors too) but again, do we trust this manager or do we not? Personally, he has earned my trust. We finished 3rd for the first time in our Prem history. Yes, we could've won it, and yes, we blew 2nd place, no arguments. But we learnt a lot about the squad before pre-season and WITHOUT blowing our CL group stage qualification.

Look at Poch last night, he was furious.

I personally will move on and trust the manager to get it right.

The supporters need to decide whether they trust the guy or not. I trust him. He will not let this happen again. The fact he is gutted and not celebrating our highest Prem finish should tell you everything you need to know. But we need to believe. He knows this squad needs improvement. IMO our FIRST 11 is the BEST in the country, it is our SQUAD which came
up short.

I genuinely cannot believe what I am reading. Unbelievable.

Back