• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

It is hard to believe that we can finish 3rd, qualify for the CL, and yet still be left with a bitter taste of disappointment, and have the tinkle taken out of us all summer.

If it was anyone other than Arsenal/Chelsea I don't think we'd care too much. Not much difference between 2nd and 3rd and we'd probably accept that our players heads dropped a bit after the title chase was ended.

But for them clams to finish above us AGAIN, when even most of them had conceded this would be the year they didn't...

I need a drink.

The difference between a team that has been doing it forever and a young squad that started believing the hype.I'm afraid the criticism that Poch teams run out of puff at the end of the season rings true yet again we have also become incredibly predictable out coach by Benitez.Take away the 2 wins against city and the home win against united and we are 5-7th.Al other results were really no better or worse than previous seasons. We have CL to look forward to next season rather the europa league and we are better with Ali and Dembele but that is not an excuse for today's performance.We were asleep.Klopp,Conte and Van gaal won't be losing any sleep about us.

Obviously Poch was going for it in subbing Chadli for Walker, trying to get that equalizer knowing how important it was .

Unfortunately it backfired.

It was a dead rubber. A 3rd/4th play-off like those dreadful WC games.

Right, which we embarrassingly lost 5-1 to a team with ten men, allowing Arsenal to finish above us again.

I cannot understand people downplaying this hideous sh*t. No one could throw it away like Spurs have done, and Poch hasn't yet changed the essentials of what make us mentally fragile any more than anyone else has. And I doubt he can, to be honest; he looked as clueless as everyone else today, and his media game in the build up to this has just been embarrassingly poor.

If nothing else, at least it shows that Mason, Carroll and the rest have no place in this side going forward beyond the last-ditch resereserve thrown on when a the other 24 squad members are injured or suspended. Even you have to concede that, at least.

Said at the time the Chadli sub was not right. I just hope we can get a few more sound players in this summer, and bask in the CL next season. We have something. We are a better side now no doubt. But we're also missing something. Said it all season - an experienced attacking player might help calm us in key games. I suppose next season we'll have 11 years greater experience with the seam side.

Thank you Leicester. Can you imagine if they had not been there?

fudge this, I need to drink. Today fudging sucks. Excuse me for all the negative brick, I'll be back in a better mood eventually.

I should know by now what being a Spurs fan entails. Unbelievable.

Our highest league finish, champions league qualification, a promising young team and still the season ends with a touch of a bitter taste in the mouth. The fact we lost 2nd place on the last game of the season to Arsenal is annoying but the manner in which the team handed it to them was the worst.

A terrible 1st half and the players looked to be on the beaches. Deservedly 2-0 down at half time at least we came out with a bit more purpose in the 2nd half. We get a goal back, Mitrovic does his psycho act and we have a great chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck with over 20 minutes to go remembering that we just need to equalise to secure 2nd. Then Pochettinho for some reason feels the need to go all out attack, takes off Walker for Chadli, we completely give up any semblance of team structure and get killed on the counter to 10 men. I'm a massive fan of Poch but that was a terrible tactical error. I still would have expected more from the players but i think the performance against Southampton was the sign that the players had clocked out.

Looking forward to next season and the champions league but we have a long way to go.

This was the season, this was the chance. Seriously next season back to battling for 5th.

Nail on head.

The one chance to finish 2nd (we were never going to win it). We will never have a better chance

The best chance to finish above Arsenal, and today I have accepted I will never see that happen again, no matter how hard anybody tries to convince me otherwise.

With a Euro campaign I cant even see 5th, maybe 6th at best. The following season we have 19 away games and 19 at Wembley, doubt that will be much better. It's going to be a long few years until we move into the new stadium, and instead of enjoying the summer remembering a good season, we will just now remember Roy Keane had it spot on.....

SPURS WILL ALWAYS LET YOU DOWN

But bizarrely, we keep coming back for more

^I am not looking forward to next season and I cant blame the home supporters next year for not giving a fvck about the club at the stadium. I am not so sure many people will renew their tickets. This was PAINFUL!!

Right, which we embarrassingly lost 5-1 to a team with ten men, allowing Arsenal to finish above us again.

I cannot understand people downplaying this hideous sh*t. No one could throw it away like Spurs have done, and Poch hasn't yet changed the essentials of what make us mentally fragile any more than anyone else has. And I doubt he can, to be honest; he looked as clueless as everyone else today, and his media game in the build up to this has just been embarrassingly poor.

If nothing else, at least it shows that Mason, Carroll and the rest have no place in this side going forward beyond the last-ditch resereserve thrown on when a the other 24 squad members are injured or suspended. Even you have to concede that, at least.

Mason's injured. He'll have his operation this week and hopefully be back to last season's level again next season.

This is the best and most mentally strong squad we've had in 50 years.

No point overreacting basically because the squad have been mourning losing the title.

he was, but he let himself be, it might well be tactical but he doesn't spend half as much time wide and deep as he did last season

I just think there were a number of times, especially in the first half when there was Kane in the box with 4-5 players, not good, especially when the delivery was so poor

Poch and players reactions/interviews please. Already know how it's going to be.

Will be very telling to see how we start next season; critical time for us, sounds strange right now.

I just think there were a number of times, especially in the first half when there was Kane in the box with 4-5 players, not good, especially when the delivery was so poor

indeed, but the cross shouldn't be going in there if he's on his own occupying that many as it means we have unmarked men outside the box

Nail on head.

The one chance to finish 2nd (we were never going to win it). We will never have a better chance

The best chance to finish above Arsenal, and today I have accepted I will never see that happen again, no matter how hard anybody tries to convince me otherwise.

With a Euro campaign I cant even see 5th, maybe 6th at best. The following season we have 19 away games and 19 at Wembley, doubt that will be much better. It's going to be a long few years until we move into the new stadium, and instead of enjoying the summer remembering a good season, we will just now remember Roy Keane had it spot on.....

SPURS WILL ALWAYS LET YOU DOWN

But bizarrely, we keep coming back for more

We're the youngest, most exciting team in the country. This season was premature - our time is coming.

The old establishment are in spiral of decline.

Mason
Bentaleb
Carroll

All not good enough.

Son
Onomah

Need to improve

Walker - learn how to cross

Another striker
2 midfielders
Someone to replace Eriksen. We need better than him.

Back