• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Teddy Sheringham 50 today!

Story in ESPN where he calls for Harry to go to Real or Yanited.

Did Teddy actually call for Harry to leave? I think Teddy's actual quotes were:
"Should he move right now? I don’t know. Timing’s a funny thing in football because you have to take the opportunity when it arises. If you don’t, another striker might go to United or Real Madrid or whoever we’re talking about and you won’t get the chance again for another four or five years."

"You’ve only got a period of about 12 years in professional football and when these things come along you have to take tough decisions. Sometimes they feel right and you have to go with the flow."

But you move to win things and to clubs with ambition teddy, it's nothing to do with the money!!
So who's more likely to win anything over the next three years?
Or maybe it's just about being a greedy ******

For me, I used to watch him at the Lane during the Barmby and Anderton era, and he had great vision and awareness on the pitch. Loved that triumvirate !

Didn't they try to get all of their living ex-players back?
I thougt it was all their player of the years, thats what they said on Norwegian telly anyway. Trevor Morley is a regular pundit here, and he got invited as a former player of the year.

Where was frank lampard Sr or arry? Lol. Loved the fact that their most famous player cried when he couldn't move to spurs

I thougt it was all their player of the years, thats what they said on Norwegian telly anyway. Trevor Morley is a regular pundit here, and he got invited as a former player of the year.

I think they had their players of the year out on the pitch. In the stands they apparently had 150 or something ex-players. They did a piece from this area pre-kick off - talking with Anton Ferdinand and that great WH legend, loved by all, Carlton Cole. Even he seemed embarrassed to have been selected to comment.

Why was he dressed as a chimney sweep though?
www.telegraph.co_.ukcontentdamfootball20160510teddy-sheringham-small_trans-2oUEflmHZZHjcYuvN_Gr-bVmXC2g6irFbtWDjolSHWg-a9884959ea8b38af66d90acfdf81226f1176a13f-290x163.jpg

I think they had their players of the year out on the pitch. In the stands they apparently had 150 or something ex-players. They did a piece from this area pre-kick off - talking with Anton Ferdinand and that great WH legend, loved by all, Carlton Cole. Even he seemed embarrassed to have been selected to comment.

Was Paul Ince or JD invited?

What an absolute load of bollox!

I was gutted when he left us, especially for just £3.5m, but he had to go. From August 1992 to 1997 he was our standout best player bar Klinsmann. He had it in him to play for a top club which we simply weren't at the time. To compare what that clam did in 2001 is ridiculous too. Teddy was the only good thing in those appalling 5 years bar Klinsmann as I say.

Yeh he basically wanted Spurs to progress and said to Sugar about signing a couple of players to ease the burden and Sugar refused so he left. He wanted a sign of intent from the club that they wanted to get to next level.

To be fair he had a bloody good point

Yeh he basically wanted Spurs to progress and said to Sugar about signing a couple of players to ease the burden and Sugar refused so he left. He wanted a sign of intent from the club that they wanted to get to next level.

To be fair he had a bloody good point
It was worse than that. He wanted a certain amount of money and Sugar made an offer for a lower amount and wouldn't budge. Teddy eventually came back and said he would after all accept the lower offer and Sugar said that it was no longer on the table.

After selling Teddy for only £3.5 million Sugar then paid £6 million for (an injury prone) Les Ferdinand and paid him a higher salary than the one that Teddy was asking for.

It was worse than that. He wanted a certain amount of money and Sugar made an offer for a lower amount and wouldn't budge. Teddy eventually came back and said he would after all accept the lower offer and Sugar said that it was no longer on the table.

After selling Teddy for only £3.5 million Sugar then paid £6 million for (an injury prone) Les Ferdinand and paid him a higher salary than the one that Teddy was asking for.

Wow; just wow....

...how did/do you know this btw?

Yeh I remember that part too

That was always Sugars way, I think the bloke saved us and no Sugar no Spurs where we are today, but Alan Sugar always had to be the biggest person at the club...that was his downfall

Back