• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

It's just harking back to the Redknapp days to want old timers for their 'character'. That's just not how Poch does it. He's the leader and he needs young malleable players who will be subservient to his will. I can't see a 31 YO midfielder having the legs for our system at all.

Tielemans is the worst hyped because he's good on FM player I've seen since Shaqiri. Everytime I see him play (including twice against us this season, he's the obvious weak link alongside journeymen like Defour. In fact Dendoncker is the talented midfielder at Anderlecht
It's not harking back to anything. It's simply looking at a current gap in our squad and identifying a player who might fit that gap. We currently are a little short of experience in the team, we currently have only one player who is a natural in the holding midfield role despite our system being completely reliant on having a holding player, we (I assume) only have limited transfer funds and we are probably going to have to hit the ground running next season if we want to challenge again. Diarra to cover Dier might be a sensible option.

Personally I don't think there is a particular need for our holding midfield player to "have legs" (and of course I mean that in the way that you were putting it as opposed to literally). The game that Dier plays is mainly one that requires a combination of good positional awareness married with excellent positional discipline, with the ability to tackle well and to be a reasonable but not spectacular passer of the ball. Diarra would seem to have all of these attributes so could be a good, short-ish term, experienced, proven in the PL and CL, zero transfer fee, fit for that role in the squad. Personally I would rather we signed Wanyama for this role as he would offer a proper challenge to Dier for a first team spot and be a longer term signing, but he is another that you have poo-poo'd us signing (despite the fact that his game is remarkably similar to Dier's).

Regarding Tielemans - to say that he is the obvious weak link is stretching things a little. I thought that Anderlecht were at least on par with us at WHL and unlucky to lose to Dembele's late goal. In the away match we steamrollered them early on but they then came into the game and deserved at least a share of the spoils. Something to consider here is that Tielemans was only 18 years old in those two games. Being able to hold your own (which is something he regularly does) in the centre of midfield at only 18 isn't something to be taken lightly, in fact one of the reasons that I want us to keep Bentaleb is the fact that he was able to hold his own in that position for us at 19.

I find it strange that you can write off Tielemans as simply being FM hype despite the fact that he only turned 19 last week? Personally I don't see the need for us to bring him in at Spurs as we already have Bentaleb who plays a similar type of game, but it is foolish to write Tielemans off as a poor player and if there is an issue with Bentaleb's discipline and willingness to toe Poch's teamwork line and we are looking to offload him as a result, then Tielemans might be an option to bring in to take up that place in the squad.

It is also interesting that you write off Diarra as "harking back to the Redknapp days" but equally you don't want Tielemans despite him clearly being a "young, malleable player who would be subservient to his will"? Is it just that you want to keep Bentaleb and Mason in the first team squad no matter what?

It's not harking back to anything. It's simply looking at a current gap in our squad and identifying a player who might fit that gap. We currently are a little short of experience in the team, we currently have only one player who is a natural in the holding midfield role despite our system being completely reliant on having a holding player, we (I assume) only have limited transfer funds and we are probably going to have to hit the ground running next season if we want to challenge again. Diarra to cover Dier might be a sensible option.

Personally I don't think there is a particular need for our holding midfield player to "have legs" (and of course I mean that in the way that you were putting it as opposed to literally). The game that Dier plays is mainly one that requires a combination of good positional awareness married with excellent positional discipline, with the ability to tackle well and to be a reasonable but not spectacular passer of the ball. Diarra would seem to have all of these attributes so could be a good, short-ish term, experienced, proven in the PL and CL, zero transfer fee, fit for that role in the squad. Personally I would rather we signed Wanyama for this role as he would offer a proper challenge to Dier for a first team spot and be a longer term signing, but he is another that you have poo-poo'd us signing (despite the fact that his game is remarkably similar to Dier's).

Regarding Tielemans - to say that he is the obvious weak link is stretching things a little. I thought that Anderlecht were at least on par with us at WHL and unlucky to lose to Dembele's late goal. In the away match we steamrollered them early on but they then came into the game and deserved at least a share of the spoils. Something to consider here is that Tielemans was only 18 years old in those two games. Being able to hold your own (which is something he regularly does) in the centre of midfield at only 18 isn't something to be taken lightly, in fact one of the reasons that I want us to keep Bentaleb is the fact that he was able to hold his own in that position for us at 19.

I find it strange that you can write off Tielemans as simply being FM hype despite the fact that he only turned 19 last week? Personally I don't see the need for us to bring him in at Spurs as we already have Bentaleb who plays a similar type of game, but it is foolish to write Tielemans off as a poor player and if there is an issue with Bentaleb's discipline and willingness to toe Poch's teamwork line and we are looking to offload him as a result, then Tielemans might be an option to bring in to take up that place in the squad.

It is also interesting that you write off Diarra as "harking back to the Redknapp days" but equally you don't want Tielemans despite him clearly being a "young, malleable player who would be subservient to his will"? Is it just that you want to keep Bentaleb and Mason in the first team squad no matter what?

Young ones are fine, but we should go for properly talented ones - like Neves or Geis.

Or even Tieleman's better teammates - Dendoncker or Praet

I'd love Lassana Diarra, to be honest, but he does have some issues that have been brought up previously. If he gets the all-clear, though (from the medical team and the staff), then he'd be perfect provided that bit about him being able to leave on a Bosman is true - he'd bring us a lot of experience, he's still a beastly player (coming off his best career season, nominated for the Player of the Year in France, iirc) with a lot to play for (got back into the national team, which Lloris is obviously the captain of), and he could easily cover for both Dier and Dembele given his encouraging combination of defensive and offensive skills matched with seemingly limitless stamina.

He apparently wants to leave as well, according to an interview he gave recently.

Also, some discussion on Dortmund forums about them making a move for Wimmer now that Hummels has done a Sol and joined Bayern; some of them think he'd be a perfect replacement, and that we'd be willing to sell for a reasonable fee given that he's being kept out of the side by Verts and Toby.

Witsel will be in to the last year of his contract this summer, ive just read - i don't know how genuine our reported interest was the past couple of windows or whether we'd want him now Dier has proven himself but worthy of considering

or would he be more of a Dembele type?

Witsel will be in to the last year of his contract this summer, ive just read - i don't know how genuine our reported interest was the past couple of windows or whether we'd want him now Dier has proven himself but worthy of considering

or would he be more of a Dembele type?

I'd really like him, since I figure he can cover for either Dier or Dembele - tough-tackling player who nonetheless manages to be Belgium's primary holding midfielder and Zenit's midfield dynamo at the same time. But he'd be more expensive than a lot of our other options this summer - not in terms of a fee (although that would still be not inconsiderable - figure Zenit will want at least 15-20 million quid), but in terms of wages. He'd want a major payday, what with him entering the prime of his career with perhaps one big four or five year contract ahead of him before he hits his early-to-mid 30's and his value decreases.

If we're still searching for a midfielder at the end of the window and he hasn't been snapped up by Milan/Juve/any of the other Italian clubs that have registered an interest in him, then I'd really like to see us try for him and see if he'd accept a reasonable wage in the 65-90k a week range. But that would be unlikely, imo.

Co-chairman David Sullivan revealed yesterday the club have bid £23.7million for a player in France and are poised to follow that with another offer of up to £25m for a player in England.

Standard Sport understands West Ham are seriously considering testing the water on Vardy.

The Leicester striker signed a new deal until 2019 worth £80,000 a week in February and stands to earn a rise of £20,000 per week following the club’s Premier League triumph.

Leicester’s Thai owners insist they intend keeping their top stars including the 29-year-old, who has scored 24 League goals this season.

However, West Ham believe that, on the back of their move to the Olympic Stadium and an influx of quality players, they can attract stars of the calibre of the England forward.

Liverpool’s out-of-favour striker Christian Benteke is another possibility although his £120,000‑per‑week salary could be a stumbling block and that is also the case with Arsenal’s Theo Walcott, who earns £140,000 per week.

Southampton striker Sadio Mane is another player on West Ham’s radar as the East End club look to make a big impact next season, in what will be their first campaign in their new home.

Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette has emerged as the most likely target for West Ham following Sullivan’s revelation that he has bid for a player in France.

The 24-year-old France international has already said that he is likely to leave the club at the end of this season and would favour a move to the Premier League.

The other option remains Belgium international Michy Batshuayi but West Ham are unwilling to enter a bidding war with clubs such as Tottenham, who are also interested in the £30m‑plus 22-year-old.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...leicester-city-and-england-star-a3244426.html

:eek::D
rofl-3g.gif

Young ones are fine, but we should go for properly talented ones - like Neves or Geis.

Or even Tieleman's better teammates - Dendoncker or Praet
Geis is almost 4 years older than Tielemans..... At the same age that Tieleman's is now Geis was playing for SpVgg Greuther Fürth II in the German South Regional League. Well done if back then you were able to spot how good he would become.

Neves is a good call. The only problem is that he is at Porto who seem to only sell their players for huge fees. His agent is Jorge Mendes which also indicates that it will be a very large fee. I think back in the winter I read that he was on the radar of all of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. I think we'd have to go VERY big to get him and even then would be at the mercy of being dingdonged around for several weeks only for him to sign for a higher paying club later in the window.

I would like a couple of youngish CFs signed to give us some increased depth and allow for rotation when required and give Kane a rest in games or give him a chance to play as the 10. I would have gone for Batshuayi but I think maybe the money he would cost could be better spent on CM and Wide forward.

A CM/DM I think is must with some experience to give us a very good spread of quality aligned with Dier and Dembele. A wide forward with goals in them and fits the pressing style would be a good addition too.

Ins: Witsel (Zenit) DM, Schurrle (Wolfsburg) WF, M.Dembele (Fulham) CF, A. Milik (Ajax) CF and if he became available due to relegation, G.Wijnaldum (Saudi Sportswashing Machine) MF

Outs: Bentaleb, Carroll, Fazio, Yedlin, Pritchard (Year long loan Prem)*, N'jie (6 month loan Prem)*

* If possible and the Prem club fit is good - Pritchard/WBA case in point

Outgoings probably brings in around £25m overall and incomings would maybe see us spend about £50/£60m on the main 4 overall. Ball and Winks to be involved with the First team as well. None of this will probably happen but if it did then its a window that would please me greatly without going massively overboard in terms of signings/cost.

Co-chairman David Sullivan revealed yesterday the club have bid £23.7million for a player in France and are poised to follow that with another offer of up to £25m for a player in England.

Standard Sport understands West Ham are seriously considering testing the water on Vardy.

The Leicester striker signed a new deal until 2019 worth £80,000 a week in February and stands to earn a rise of £20,000 per week following the club’s Premier League triumph.

Leicester’s Thai owners insist they intend keeping their top stars including the 29-year-old, who has scored 24 League goals this season.

However, West Ham believe that, on the back of their move to the Olympic Stadium and an influx of quality players, they can attract stars of the calibre of the England forward.

Liverpool’s out-of-favour striker Christian Benteke is another possibility although his £120,000‑per‑week salary could be a stumbling block and that is also the case with Arsenal’s Theo Walcott, who earns £140,000 per week.

Southampton striker Sadio Mane is another player on West Ham’s radar as the East End club look to make a big impact next season, in what will be their first campaign in their new home.

Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette has emerged as the most likely target for West Ham following Sullivan’s revelation that he has bid for a player in France.

The 24-year-old France international has already said that he is likely to leave the club at the end of this season and would favour a move to the Premier League.

The other option remains Belgium international Michy Batshuayi but West Ham are unwilling to enter a bidding war with clubs such as Tottenham, who are also interested in the £30m‑plus 22-year-old.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...leicester-city-and-england-star-a3244426.html

rofl-3g.gif

Jesus that is funny

rofl-3g.gif
Scattergun!

rofl-3g.gif

I don't know where to begin with that statement, never mind everything else in the article.

You should have drip fed us each bit of that article, snippet by snippet. It's too much hilarity to take in one read.

Ones I would like to get rid off

Walker, Fazio, Chadli, Bentaleb, Carroll, Mason.

Ones I would like to see be promoted from the youth or be signed

Kyle walker peters, Pritchard, Maksimovic (torino, defender) a double midfield signing from Ajax as I like how that club brings through players and we have had success in the past with them, Bazoer and Anwar El Ghazi.

Froom the premership I would also chuck 12m at southampton and west brom for Wanyama and Berahino.

Probably a net spend of 25-30m but with champs league we will need extra help in midfield and up front.

Read a nice little rumour that Jordan Rossiter's cut-price move to Rangers could quickly turn into a move to WHL later next season.
In much the same way that Zeki Fryers came to us for much less than Man Utd wanted via Standard Liege.

Warburton is certainly close to the Spurs set-up having taken Pritchard, Oduwa and Ball in the last two years. We've just arranged to host them for a practice match before their final. We're certainly building a good relationship with them, if nothing else.

French press are apparently (from a bloke in the pub who lives in France) reporting that we've got lacazette. He told me that during the west brom game. Make of that what you will, Pinch of salt, etc. etc.

I like the sound of this player though seems to fit our profile.

Some of you may recall I have a friend of a friend who is in the Spurs squad. I found out today that the players would be surprised if Nabil was sold, he is expected to have as good a chance as anyone of starting next season if he can get and stay fit. I'm also told that the player I know expects an 'old friend whomoved up north' to be signed. He's a striker, so I guess he's a Emirates Marketing Project reject.

Some of you may recall I have a friend of a friend who is in the Spurs squad. I found out today that the players would be surprised if Nabil was sold, he is expected to have as good a chance as anyone of starting next season if he can get and stay fit. I'm also told that the player I know expects an 'old friend whomoved up north' to be signed. He's a striker, so I guess he's a Emirates Marketing Project reject.

An 'old friend' of the player, or an 'old friend' of us,i.e. Spurs?

Read a nice little rumour that Jordan Rossiter's cut-price move to Rangers could quickly turn into a move to WHL later next season.
In much the same way that Zeki Fryers came to us for much less than Man Utd wanted via Standard Liege.

Warburton is certainly close to the Spurs set-up having taken Pritchard, Oduwa and Ball in the last two years. We've just arranged to host them for a practice match before their final. We're certainly building a good relationship with them, if nothing else.

Woudn't be surprised. Concurrently, provided he moves on and succeeds at a club in the top flight somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised to see Warburton be linked with us at some point; he seems talented enough, succeeded at both Brentford and Rangers and is a self-professed Spurs fan with strong ties to our staff and academy setup. I don't think he'll actually ever be our manager, mind; his aversion to analytics and his age seem to count against him in terms of managing an elite club. But linked with us? Certainly. I could also see him taking up a role as our academy head or something, if he's open to it and we're not as focused on analytics at that level.

Also, some discussion on Dortmund forums about them making a move for Wimmer now that Hummels has done a Sol and joined Bayern; some of them think he'd be a perfect replacement, and that we'd be willing to sell for a reasonable fee given that he's being kept out of the side by Verts and Toby.

£20m reasonable, half the price of Stones, who Wimmer is twice the player as

Back