• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Aguero is also fairly injury prone, probably because most defenders just hack away at him. Kane is some sort of supernatural freak, he just bounces back up from challenges like gumby (like Danny Rose too). I could always count on Bale being injured for large portions of the season, but that's why we've been crying out for another striker just in case.

I'm surprised to see Kane has only one assist, but I know how much he contributes to our overall play so I'm really not concerned by that at all. He was basically the last man back at one point against B'mouth when he made that tackle in our box. I don't see how anyone can call him selfish, he fights hard for the team.

You have to say, he is not only the best striker in the Prem, he is quite possibly the most complete footballer in the Prem. Scores, holds-up, creates, passes, tackles, defends, just unbelievable. Unbelievable. A beautiful thing...

Are you 100% sure he is better than Aguero?
Other than Aguero, there is no other striker in the league I would take over him.

I agree Aguero is the superior striker but to counteract that point he is much more injury prone

Assou-Ekotto.jpg

Even Benny finds that opinion hilarious and he's never seen a game of football he hasn't played in.

While I think Aguero is a phenomenal player, I still wouldn't take him over Kane. Remember that Kane is yet to reach his prime, whereas Aguero is probably a year or two into his prime.

No doubt Kane is going to get better, but I believe Aguero's overall play is better in terms of skill and bringing others into play.

How many top seasons has Wayne Rooney had in his career? He's had almost as many average/below par seasons as good ones.

As Sutton said, its almost irrelevant what a player has done in there past(unless they have a mad record in performing in tournaments). You have to play inform players.

Plus i am just upset that he never seamed to kick on from that first euro he played in.

As Sutton said, its almost irrelevant what a player has done in there past(unless they have a mad record in performing in tournaments). You have to play inform players.

Plus i am just upset that he never seamed to kick on from that first euro he played in.

I thought he was going to win that singlehandedly. Was it Carvalho who took him out?

A podcast said today that Kane is the first Spurs striker to score 20 league goals in 2 consecutive seasons for 40 years, since Chivers in the 70s. And that Mark Falco came close, scoring 19.

Perhaps that is because we sold our best? Or rotated. Or chance. Or injury. But it is impressive. Although Mark Falco hardly went on to win the CL for Real Madrid

A podcast said today that Kane is the first Spurs striker to score 20 league goals in 2 consecutive seasons for 40 years, since Chivers in the 70s. And that Mark Falco came close, scoring 19.

Perhaps that is because we sold our best? Or rotated. Or chance. Or injury. But it is impressive. Although Mark Falco hardly went on to win the CL for Real Madrid

They've still not recovered from that

Harry Kane has opened talks on a new Tottenham contract amid growing confidence a deal can be agreed by the summer, Football Insider sources understand.

Kane is set for his third new agreement inside 18 months as his remarkable progress continues to attract interest from the world’s richest clubs.

The England international scored twice in Spurs’ 3-0 Premier League win over Bournemouth on Sunday to keep the pressure on leaders Leicester and lift his goal tally in the top flight this season to 21.

Spurs chiefs are ready to make the academy graduate the best-paid player in the club’s history and all parties are hopeful a deal can be agreed before next season.

Preliminary talks have begun, with the London giants indicating they are ready to offer the 22-year-old striker a new contract worth upwards of £100,000-a-week.

Over the course of a five-year deal it would be worth at least £26million, more than any contract ever handed to a Spurs player.

Emmanuel Adebayor was given a £110,000-a-week four-year contract following his move from Emirates Marketing Project in 2012, while Gareth Bale was given a pay hike up to £100,000-a-week 12 months before joining Real Madrid.

Kane’s huge salary increase reflects his elevated status at the club and is part of a drive to keep the nucleus of Mauricio Pochettino’s squad together,

Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Mousa Dembele and Josh Onomah have all been handed new agreements in recent months, while the likes of Christian Eriksen, Jan Vertonghen, Nacer Chadli and Erik Lamela have begun discussions with the club about contract extensions.

Kane initially signed a contract in the summer of 2014, before penning a new £35,000-a-week, five-and-a-half-year deal in February 2015.

Football Insider has learned that he is now set for his third pay rise in a relatively short period as reward for a campaign in which he has scored 24 goals in 43 matches in all competitions.

White Hart Lane chiefs are adamant that their talisman will not be sold to his suitors, who include Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

But chairman Daniel Levy recognises that the interest from Europe’s elite is genuine and knows that Kane needs to be brought into the top bracket of Tottenham earners.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/kane-set-to-open-talks-on-lucrative-new-deal/

I hope he gets the new deal. I do wonder if he has another great season in 16/17 will he get another pay rise? The wage mentioned is the highest we ever go. If he does the same next year I'd say he could easily justify 200k a week considering Rooney earns about that...

I hope he gets the new deal. I do wonder if he has another great season in 16/17 will he get another pay rise? The wage mentioned is the highest we ever go. If he does the same next year I'd say he could easily justify 200k a week considering Rooney earns about that...

By the way he is on 35k a week now, and Harry seeming like a nice lad, they might just double it this time, would be the logical thing to do.

He should be the highest paid player at the club, he is the best player in the whole division. I'm sure Levy will take care of it.

Back