• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

In terms of sheer marketing and club profile, I can actually see us bringing in a proper global superstar for the season we move into the new stadium (the return of Bale?)

I don't see something like that happening before then though. So there's no chance of the Ibrahimovic rumours being true (IMO).

I do think we'll spend some money on a new striker in the summer though. I don't agree with GB's idea that it would send a bad message to Kane. Quite aside from needing injury cover and someone to rotate with; Kane himself is more likely to achieve his full potential if he's got genuine competition for his place. And it then allows us to play two top quality strikers up front when we want to switch things up. Whether that striker is Batshuayi or Berahino or someone else entirely, it does not look to me like there's an academy player ready to step up and challenge Kane. And I'm not sure any of our attacking midfielders (all of whom I rate highly) are good enough in that "leading the line" role.

Last edited:
In terms of sheer marketing and club profile, I can actually see us bringing in a proper global superstar for the season we move into the new stadium (the return of Bale?)

I don't see something like that happening before then though. So there's no chance of the Ibrahimovic rumours being true (IMO).

I do think we'll spend some money on a new striker in the summer though. I don't agree with GB's idea that it would send a bad message to Kane. Quite aside from needing injury cover and someone to rotate with; Kane himself is more likely to achieve his full potential if he's got genuine competition for his place. And it then allows us to play two top quality strikers up front when we want to switch things up. Whether that striker is Batshuayi or Berahino or someone else entirely, it does not look to me like there's an academy player ready to step up and challenge Kane. And I'm not sure any of our attacking midfielders (all of whom I rate highly) are good enough in that "leading the line" role.

Not sure it's realistic to try to find genuine competition for Kane. He's headed towards superstardom, hardly a club in the world that has genuine competition for their attacking superstars.

A young striker to cover for Kane and to develop would be good for sure. Think we'll find a striker deal in the summer.

I wouldn't like to sign Zlatan. Not the type of player we need at all. Massive step backwards - sacrificing the system for an individual.

We need someone who can play in place of Kane, but also alongside him. Like how all of our midfield options add something a little different.

I highly doubt we've got a chance of getting Zlatan, but if we do, I'm all for it! He's clearly not past it despite his age.

Some people don't understand that many of his quotes are simply a product of his humor and not very serious at all. He is professional, and he is a winner (the amount of domestic league titles are quite insane by now).

I think ManU and CFC are out of the equation without CL (the big missing piece in the cabinet), and Emirates Marketing Project went with Guardiola.

Guardiola is scared of him, he doesn't have the balls to sign the Zlatan, and even if he did he'd waste him

I don't think he'd go to Chelsea, they are not big enough for him, if he moves here United is the only option

I hope it happens, he's a force of nature, it would be a pleasure just to live in the same country as him

Reactions: quo
There's more chance of us winning this summers Copa America than coming remotely close to signing Zlatan. His wages are ridiculously high and I don't know whether any team in the PL would actually pay him what he'd want at his age (Despite the fact that he'd still be class).

Wouldn't surprise me if one of these Chinese clubs decides to stump out whatever wage he asks for to really make a statement.

Don't want him. Too expensive, too risky and would have to play all the big games, which means Kane wouldn't

Only just seen the story so not sure how old it is, but

Michu has had his contract cancelled by Swansea. What a fall from grace in a short time. The ultimate 'one season wonder'

Perhaps he just needs a new start to reinvigorate him, who knows. I would take him on a free if his wages were low enough, as a two month stopgap, just to have an option if we get down to bare bones

Only just seen the story so not sure how old it is, but

Michu has had his contract cancelled by Swansea. What a fall from grace in a short time. The ultimate 'one season wonder'

Perhaps he just needs a new start to reinvigorate him, who knows. I would take him on a free if his wages were low enough, as a two month stopgap, just to have an option if we get down to bare bones

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/10/swansea-striker-michu-rebuilding-career-spain

Mirror reports we are one of THIRTEEN clubs (still) looking at Laurent Depoitre. Today we are supposedly the most interested of all these clubs. Who knows who'll be top tomorrow.

Mirror reports we are one of THIRTEEN clubs (still) looking at Laurent Depoitre. Today we are supposedly the most interested of all these clubs. Who knows who'll be top tomorrow.

Would have been a good singing in Jan. A big lump, but I think he's more than that. And around the right age imo at 27. Get it done DL, he'll bond with the Dutch contingent.

All of a sudden we are being linked with Italian clubs. Badelj at Fiorentina and Insigne at Napoli are the two names I have seen this week, whilst Boufal has also been mentionned once again.

In my search for vids, I found a few people mentionning Hakim Ziyech at Twente. Looks like he would fit in well for us picking up the ball between the lines although I guess a lot of our shopping in the summer will depend on how quickly we think our youth prospects can step up. Anyways obligatory vid below.

Back