• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

1. he had one total brain fart and another very poor clearance which led to Leicester's attack when they tried to score 3 times and we got really lucky
2. what did Walker make positive in attack yesterday? I can't remember a single cross or a forward pass which provided any danger by him. Yes, he exploited space in front of him, making life more difficult for the opponent players on his wing. But still it compensated in huge defensive mistakes and awful ball delivery.

Overall a bad game by him. Defenitely one of our weakest links yesterday.

I argue that the fact that Danny Simpson never left his own half was because walker pinned him back every time

He played forward passes but I don't remember many crosses at all... But who would he have been crossing too as we rarely were in their box to get on the end of it.

I'd have to see the second mistake again as I don't remember how it came about to be honest

I do remember walker clearing a few times centrally where he added cover for his centre backs

Rose doesn't provide anything more going forward than Davies did yesterday. Apart from one little slip up in the first half when he failed to control a pass, he was excellent. Much better than any of Rose's recent performances. What's with this stereotyping of the two? One is great going forward, the other is not.

Rose is more physical, and pacier: Davies is better positionally. They're both pretty bad at crossing, to be honest.

It's just a question of personal preferences, I think: they're both effective enough for our purposes. I prefer Rose, if only because he provides more pace to our side, which I always regard as a good thing.

I thought he was perhaps our best player last night. Kept Mahrez quiet, and created two of our best opportunities with good crosses.

Yes he was and as I have said before on here he is a better LB then Rose is and I think he is now being seen by others that he is as well.

See I have met very few Spurs fans who think that (in the last year or so) and in the ground I would say that people seem to have turned round to rose and last night a lot of people were calling it. As I have said before there are very few things that davies beats rose in and when both fit poch generally has always picked rose (Sunderland will be a game now that the run of games dies down a bit that both will be at a level pegging so we can judge) but even last night we lacked a bit of oomph down the left and I also trust rose far more defending his back post and in one on one situations.

I like davies as he is a solid player who can do a very good job for us but when I read comments on here by some it genuinely baffles me. For example rose has put plenty of similar performances but you don't say a thing.

As mentioned, rose has consistently been poch's first choice, he got offered a long new deal by the club when fans said he was brick, ️AVB always picked him and redknapp actually worked with him - he is a bloody good player and for years was treated like a clam by our fans and it took him to be one of our best players last year to change some opinions.

Anyway I mentioned before that this issue and rivalry bores me. Also getting privately threatened by Grimsby for quoting him is just laugable as well as getting in discussions and arguments, it's a bit of an eye opener that I waste too much time posting on here and it's time to put it on the head.

Coys :cool:

See I have met very few Spurs fans who think that (in the last year or so) and in the ground I would say that people seem to have turned round to rose and last night a lot of people were calling it. As I have said before there are very few things that davies beats rose in and when both fit poch generally has always picked rose (Sunderland will be a game now that the run of games dies down a bit that both will be at a level pegging so we can judge) but even last night we lacked a bit of oomph down the left and I also trust rose far more defending his back post and in one on one situations.

I like davies as he is a solid player who can do a very good job for us but when I read comments on here by some it genuinely baffles me. For example rose has put plenty of similar performances but you don't say a thing.

As mentioned, rose has consistently been poch's first choice, he got offered a long new deal by the club when fans said he was brick, ️AVB always picked him and redknapp actually worked with him - he is a bloody good player and for years was treated like a clam by our fans and it took him to be one of our best players last year to change some opinions.

Anyway I mentioned before that this issue and rivalry bores me. Also getting privately threatened by Grimsby for quoting him is just laugable as well as getting in discussions and arguments, it's a bit of an eye opener that I waste too much time posting on here and it's time to put it on the head.

Coys :cool:

Well Stop! Hammer time but what I do know is that a lot of the lads I travel with have come round to wanting Davies in the side over Rose, as for being first choice well I am not sure that is correct either Davies has been on the field in 16 ( 12 Prem) games and Rose 14 ( 10 prem)., I know they have been injurys to both players during the season as well.

What happened in earlier seasons is not really that relevant and seeing as Davies is 3 years years younger then Rose he is now showing what a better LB he is ( imo).

... a lot of the lads I travel with have come round to wanting Davies in the side over Rose...
Given your propensity to reiterate a point (e.g. the one about Football Manager computer games or the one about from which Uni you get a degree in body language) I imagine you have mentioned this issue once or twice and your travelling partners have agreed to...er... agree with you :D:D:D

I still prefer Rose, I think he makes things happen more going forward. But I like Davies too, he's improved this season and is doing a good job.

Did someone here actually say Ben is a poor crosser of the ball?

Who exactly is a better crosser in our squad, except maybe Trippier?

I think we could have done with Rose yesterday - their right hand side was crying out to be exploited and Davies was a little too conservative - though that may have been by instruction I guess
Am i the only one who ever think about putting Rose in LM under such situation when we are facing team sitting back and when directness , width and speed are needed?

He laid in on a plate for one of lamela's shots (can't remember if he was the provider for the other one).

Whereas Danny Rose would have gone for power, he put some great balls into the box the other day against Leicester.

Am i the only one who ever think about putting Rose in LM under such situation when we are facing team sitting back and when directness , width and speed are needed?
Rose actually started his career as a LM/LW, but I personally think his crossing is not good enough for these positions.

He played forward passes but I don't remember many crosses at all... But who would he have been crossing too as we rarely were in their box to get on the end of it.
Walker made 5 crosses, only 1 of them was accurate. A couple of times he just bombed a cross into no-man's land. Also he lost the ball at least twice trying to sprint/dribble past the defender and to make a cross.
Davies made 8 crosses, 4 of them were accurate. Also 2 of them are considered as key passes.

I would name our fullbacks in the next order judjing their average quality and accuracy of crosses during this season in all tournaments:
1. Trippier
2. Davies
3. Walker
4. Rose

Still Walker and Rose have more pace and physical ability in them and can offer some other things that Trippier and Davies struggle to do. F.e. dribbling etc...

Walker made 5 crosses, only 1 of them was accurate. A couple of times he just bombed a cross into no-man's land. Also he lost the ball at least twice trying to sprint/dribble past the defender and to make a cross.
Davies made 8 crosses, 4 of them were accurate. Also 2 of them are considered as key passes.

I would name our fullbacks in the next order judjing their average quality and accuracy of crosses during this season in all tournaments:
1. Trippier
2. Davies
3. Walker
4. Rose

Still Walker and Rose have more pace and physical ability in them and can offer some other things that Trippier and Davies struggle to do. F.e. dribbling etc...

Tripper has the best cross - id agree with that but if we only choose full backs on their attacking prowess then were gonna have BIG problems

Davies and Rose have complimenting attributes and there are good arguments for both. Its great to have the options and is real depth.

Walker offers are than Tripper due to his pace and is the better player for me.

We now have real options at full back and its great. Its nice to have the options and not to have to play centre backs or midfielders out of position

We now have real options at full back and its great. Its nice to have the options and not to have to play centre backs or midfielders out of position
Yeah, I agree. Also all of them are young and able to progress.
And overall our defensive line is one of the best in the league (if not THE best). There are issues with attack)

Given your propensity to reiterate a point (e.g. the one about Football Manager computer games or the one about from which Uni you get a degree in body language) I imagine you have mentioned this issue once or twice and your travelling partners have agreed to...er... agree with you :D:D:D

I doubt that, you do not know the guys I travel with :p

1. he had one total brain fart and another very poor clearance which led to Leicester's attack when they tried to score 3 times and we got really lucky
2. what did Walker make positive in attack yesterday? I can't remember a single cross or a forward pass which provided any danger by him. Yes, he exploited space in front of him, making life more difficult for the opponent players on his wing. But still it compensated in huge defensive mistakes and awful ball delivery.

Overall a bad game by him. Defenitely one of our weakest links yesterday.

Almost identical to the goal he gifted West Ham when we played them in November. Walker is poor positionall, but he's better at defending then Trippier, but Trippier is better going forward. I'm not particular convinced by either of them.

I'm far happier with the left backs, both aren't spectacular but are better defensively than our right backs.

Back