• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur FC v Norwich

I think Norwich are the perfect opponent for us. They like to play and they dont sit back too much. so if we get a handle on the game early I can see this being a decent game for us. They will be bouyed by beating Man Yoo last week, but we also had a good result.

Ill go for 3-0 ( Alli, Kane, Dier )

Some people still don't understand Dembele is better int he two and Alli behind Kane...

Though i think we could do we with dropping Eriksen and Alli, problem with Alli, is even though he's generally playing pretty below standard for a while now, he is incredibly effective.... But with a game two days later I'd change a few...

Loris, Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies, Bentaleb, Dembele, Lamela, Son, Chadli, Kane

Some people still don't understand Dembele is better int he two and Alli behind Kane...

Dembele's attribute is holding on to the ball. That's far more useful high up the pitch, rather than where we need to be transitioning the ball.

I appreciate Alli, Dembele and Eriksen have all been switching constantly through matches over the past few games.

Starting an OMT before the previous matchday is complete is bad news. We just shot ourselves in the foot. 0-2

I think we need to win this to keep momentum; make no mistake this will not be easy as Norwich - despite their lowly position - have just beaten Manure and have played well against other to sides recently.

This is a game we should play our strongest available to get the 3 points and then work on a plan (or rotation) for Watford afterwards; so:

Lloris

Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose (if fit)

Alli, Dier

Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen

Kane​

IIRC, we've played Norwich many times on Boxing day, but i don't remember many at WHL; in fact did we not lose the last one that was at WHL 1-3?:eek:
I'll go for a close 2-1 win: Kane double for us, with a late Hoolihan goal for them

COYS

On the one hand I still think we need to use the squad more. On the other hand, I thought we played really well for most of the game against Southampton and I hate to mess with a winning formula.

All the same, I'd rest a couple of important players here. But even after their win at Old Trafford, I think we're good enough to beat Norwich with the following team, and Kane and Dier can return to the starting 11 at Watford.

-------------------------------- Lloris
Walker ---- Alderweireld ---- Vertonghen ---- Davies
-------------------- Bentaleb ----- Dembele
Lamela ------------------- Eriksen ------------------- Chadli
--------------------------------- Son

Bench: Vorm, Trippier, Dier, Onomah, Carroll, Alli, Kane.

Play best available team, get the points, re-evaluate after for next game.

IF we could kill the game off early, Poch can look at early subs ...

Play best available team, get the points, re-evaluate after for next game.

IF we could kill the game off early, Poch can look at early subs ...
Poch never makes early subs. One of the beefs I have with him, but then again, he and his staff know better the players' conditioning than I do!

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen (one of the left backs)
Dier Alli
Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Kane

I'd like Eriksen to show a little more offensively in this game or I'd seriously consider playing Chadli or Son.

Absolute must win as we need to maintain our title push. Yes I said it.

-------------------------- Lloris------------------------
Walker ---- Alderweireld ---- Vertonghen ---- Davies
----------------- Bentaleb ----- Dembele-------------
Lamela -------------------Son -----------------Onomah
---------------------------Kane--------------------------

Maybe move Son out to the left and keep Alli at #10, although personally I think Alli hasn't been all that these last few games and could do with a little break.

They've always given us a difficult game at the lane in recent years. We'll need to be motivated and not take it lightly in the slightest

Indeed, the danger here is the same as with the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, that the players underestimate the task, try to play in second gear and get mugged.

Spurs are unbeaten at home on Boxing Day in the Premier League Era...

P320_zps2n97jngd.png

Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City Complete Match Records 1906 - 2016

Picture Quiz:

How many of these 25 players connected with both Norwich City and Tottenham Hotspur can you name?

A11169_zpsnfk5a4oj.jpg

Back