• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

With Eric Dier's call up to the England squad this week it now means that 10 of the last 16 call ups were players managed by Poch. Well, as Gibbs's Rule 39 states, there is no such thing as a coincidence.

Poch:

“When you sign a contract as a player, you need to understand that you don’t sign to play, you sign to train,” he has said. “Then you wait for the decision of the manager to pick the players. This is football.”

Yep, that part stood out for me too. I like!

I love this

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/07/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-youth?

“I’m not afraid to play them,” says Pochettino. “If a player deserves to play, if they are 17, 18, 19 or 20 it’s the same for us, if they deserve to play and show character and maturity to be given the responsibility. But for that, you need to build the player.”

“It’s not about age or name,” says Pochettino when discussing team selection and developing young talent. “I think it’s fair when you have a squad of 25 or 26 players that the young player, if he deserves to play, why not give him the chance?

“The younger player needs faith in them and you need to translate the feeling that you believe in them. The important thing is that they need to believe that you believe because, if not, it’s nothing. If they feel that you only want to add some names in your list, this is the worst thing you can show. When they feel that you believe, but really believe in them, it gives them extra. This is the moment they can play.

I know we have not won anything but I just love this guy, he talks so much wisdom I wonder if he is not Yoda in disguise

Last edited:
Lol you guys speak of poch as if he really is the messiah. For me I will still rely on what I see on the pitch with my two eyes. Especially the one upcoming ...

Lol you guys speak of poch as if he really is the messiah. For me I will still rely on what I see on the pitch with my two eyes. Especially the one upcoming ...

10 games unbeaten in the league. Introducing new young players again, relying on young players in their second full season in other positions. Youngest team in the league and all that. Injury problems and key players from last season lacking some form, especially in front of goal. Top of our EL group too. Even if we were to somehow lose today we're only 4 points off 4th and 4th of the teams actually likely to compete for top 4 for the full season.

I think Poch has earned the right to be talked about really positively regardless of what happens today. Because of what's been going on on the pitch so far. What Pochettino says to the press would ring hollow if it wasn't matched by what happens on the pitch, but it doesn't. People see a change at the club, a massive change in style and players in the last 18 months. I won't bother listing them once again, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. From the chaos post AVB&Sherwood to what we see today where we can actually look forward to an away game against second in the league Arsenal with plenty of reasons to be optimistic as well as cautious and a bit anxious as always. That, on the pitch, change has come in part thanks to what Pochettino represents off the pitch. And people rightly praise him for it.

no game in isolation is, single specific results tell you almost nothing about the progress of a unit

Comolli was talking about this at lunchtime. Said Spurs concentrate too much on these two fixtures, whereas Arsenal focus on winning the league

Comolli was talking about this at lunchtime. Said Spurs concentrate too much on these two fixtures, whereas Arsenal focus on winning the league

Think the clubs changed a lot since comolli was here, also we were never anywhere near close to a league title while he was with us, (we were a very distant 5th team at best) so it would be crazy to think the league was a realistic target then. A champs league place and a cup would have been far more realistic aims and I think they were our aims. I don't think we as a club or fans really just look at these 2 arsenal fixtures anymore, if they ever seriously did?

This is what i was talking about after the LC game whilst a few of you were losing your brick - we now approach games against them differently

Back