• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which CB partnership do you think is/was our best in the last 30 years?

Which CB partnership do you think is/was our best in the last 30 years?

• Perryman and Price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perryman and Miller

• Mabbut and Sedgley

• Mabbut and Calderwood

• Dawson and Vertonghen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clearly the answer is King and Woodgate. When they played together the door was SHUT. Not ajar, not closed but weak. SHUT. What a shame they were past it. Incredible to read Ledley is only 35, Giggs played till he was 40. Put some plastic spacers in those knees and come back Ledders.

I remember Spurs choosing not to buy Southgate and choosing not to buy Ehiogu. They went to Boro. I didn't mind as they were about 30. But they were brilliant. For a few years. LOTS of years. I guess Steve Gibson had more cash than AMS.

King was by the best I've seen, he had pace, strength, control, and composure,
[he always says he learnt so much from Naybet who was probably the best centreback in Europe at his peak.

What about Roberts and Miller? They were pretty immense.

Would not last 45 minutes on the pitch in the current game and would be suspended for half the season, again I thought Roberts was a better midfield player. You could not fault their heart or desire to win.

Roberts was a beast in those days, but now he would get sent off once a month. I was a ST at ibrox when Roberts and Gough played there, Gough would walk it today but Roberts would be bad. It really hurts to say that because I loved Roberts and raved about him to my dad and brother.

For the brief time together, King and Woodgate were absolutely brilliant...the one I'd love to have seen was Campbell and King, christ that would've had everything. Campbell was a superb CB, 'tis why it hurt so much...

There was a short time in the league (6 months) when King and Kaboul were very good. Kaboul was getting in some pundits team of the year in that January but then he got that weird back injury (IIRC) and never came back the same player. I can't remember how good Woodgate and King were together.

Can't believe someone voted for Kaobul. Sorry, he wan never in any form that should warrant a place on that list, not even alongside the King

Agreed. Kaboul was too error-prone. Was never convinced of him.

It is too bad that King never had an experienced and reliable partner like Woodgade for too long. Most of the time he had partners who were either error-prone like Gardner, Dawson and Kaboul or past-their-prime like Naybet and Gallas. It is no coincidence that our only trophy in the last 16 years were won with King and Woodgade in defence.

it saddens me that King/Kaboul has the same amount of votes as Alderweireld/Vertonghen.

Back