• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Henderson

Him and Wheelchair/Delph are the usual double pivot IIRC
I do think he's a pretty underrated player, in the same way that Carrick is/was. Okay, his first season at Liverpool was a bit of a joke, but he was instrumental to their success last season.

I'm perfectly happy for the Dierwolf not to get an England call-up just yet. He's still learning a new position -- does he really need to be shoved in amongst an unfamiliar bunch of players in the middle of the England pitch? I hope he's happy at CM, 'cos he's been bloody good at it!

On the Carrick front, one of my ManU supporting friends, who was always a Carrick fan anyway, was telling me how Schweinsteiger was basically a better and more mobile version of Carrick.

Can a yellow card be overturned? Can't remember the rules this year, think they changed a bit. He desperately needs a break IMO.

So he's out of the Liverpool game?

Believe so...hopefully the system will allow any one of Mason or Bentaleb (if fit) to step up and in. Big game to return in though, especially in such a role, so we will need to help whoever comes in.

Yeah, will definitely be a big miss.

Hope Bentaleb is back. Out of him, Dembele and Mason I think Bentaleb would slot in the best alongside Alli. Though Dembele has been good against Liverpool before...

Great strides made by Dier this season. Real quality run of games he's put together. Was excellent again today I thought, and improving his game on the ball week by week it seems.

Yeah, will definitely be a big miss.

Hope Bentaleb is back. Out of him, Dembele and Mason I think Bentaleb would slot in the best alongside Alli. Though Dembele has been good against Liverpool before...

Great strides made by Dier this season. Real quality run of games he's put together. Was excellent again today I thought, and improving his game on the ball week by week it seems.

The flipside is that he will need the rest, and he has to have it sometime...plus we should be able to beat them anyway!

The flipside is that he will need the rest, and he has to have it sometime...plus we should be able to beat them anyway!

Could easily have gotten that rest in EL games with Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele back fit again...

True on the second part though. Will be an interesting game for sure...

Well we have who we have
Let's be honest no one on here saw him doing the job he has been doing before the start of the season anyway
The rest will do him good and we get to see the squad stretched a little but that's the point of the squad

For me though he has been the best player in the league this season along with Jamie Vardy

yeah, we can use that back up DM we signed in the summer..

Last season we got 5th with Bentaleb and Mason as our pretty clear cut first choce deep DM duo. This season we've added Dier and Alli to that, by developing Dier who was signed last summer and adding Alli to our ranks. The two of them currently look good enough to potentially both get into the England squad come the Euros next summer. fudge me, if they keep developing as they have been they could both start some of those games. In addition to those 4, clearly good enough with huge potential, players competing for two spots in the starting 11 we have Dembele and Carroll at least.

Last summer just about no one thought Mason was good enough to get a PL loan deal, never mind be a real candidate for a place in our starting 11. Bentaleb was just about unheard of 6 months before that.

Now, let's get to complaining about our transfer strategy and transfer decisions. Because obviously there's something wrong with how things are currently being done...? This approach is now a problem? If only we could be more like Liverpool, eyh?

It's baffling to me. We're getting the results, we're putting in the performances, we're developing young home grown players and young players signed fairly cheaply. We're doing so in a way that even has Gary "it's Spurs" Neville praising us. Yet people complain about what the club is doing in the transfer market...

Yeah. If only we had signed a "back up DM" that could cover for or replace Bentaleb (wasn't that the plan?)... Then he could have been playing instead of Dier and we would never be in this horrible mess of Dier missing a game and either Bentaleb, Dembele or Mason covering for this one game that Dier is missing... Another ultimately average, fairly expensive, CM. That's what we really needed, it's worked out so well for us in the past. Dier could still be seen mainly as a backup centre back looking for game time. Ah, if only we had signed that backup DM this summer...

/sarcasm&rant

I think learning how to be effective with less bookings will be his big learning curve.

5 yellows in 8 would make Vinnie Jones wince!

Hopefully Bentaleb will be fit, because I don't see anyone capable of doing what he has done and I've no interest in seeing us break up one of the best CB partnerships in the league.

Back