• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just a thought- Brendan Rogers or Poch?

BR is still struggling at liverfool- he's surely in borrowed time. And if results don't pick up for Poch ....Christmas swapsies?

I'd think Liverpool would go for someone more experienced than Poch, but would DL pull the trigger if BR were available?

Not likely for me but what do others think?
I'm thinking what were you drinking last night. There's more chance of Harry coming back, and I think we all know the chances of that.

Brendan Rogers is an enigma. He has not impressed me at all, and I cannot understand how he is not under any more pressure. Since that press conference where he said that for spending £100m we should be challenging for the title, I want a reporter to play that back to him and ask him what he should have achieved with close to £300m and watch him worm his way out of that one.

Substitutions were key, Poch earnt his corn today...and he CAN make subs that positively impact a game.

Well done to poch and the boys...we rode our luck...but we got the win.

Beautiful ruddy goal though! onwards and upwards from here!

COYS!

First time in a long time I have been so deflated after a such a big win. We don't seem to have learnt anything new from last year. We had no plan or idea first half, no control of the game or midfield and let a nervous Sunderland settle down and give us problems. We still seem too open in defense and our attack is still too slow and disjointed. We are still terrible at corners and set pieces and our team pressing is average. Sorry to be negative but did we literally just work on fitness during preseason.

Good subs but maybe question the starting line up- would prefer Son left, then Andros right if he is going to stretch play and be direct. Chadders should be back up/ Europa player not first choice. Lame did well when he same on but he's got s long way to go to earn a start.

Not the best performances, but will develop over time as our firwards get used to playing with the rest.

The problem we have is no midfield maestro to orchestrate / pull the strings, so that's why it'll take time for the team to gel/ team style to develop.

Good subs but maybe question the starting line up- would prefer Son left, then Andros right if he is going to stretch play and be direct. Chadders should be back up/ Europa player not first choice. Lame did well when he same on but he's got s long way to go to earn a start.

Not the best performances, but will develop over time as our firwards get used to playing with the rest.

The problem we have is no midfield maestro to orchestrate / pull the strings, so that's why it'll take time for the team to gel/ team style to develop.

I think that it is hard to argue against him starting when you look at his goalscoring record and that the alternatives are currently unproven.

First time in a long time I have been so deflated after a such a big win. We don't seem to have learnt anything new from last year. We had no plan or idea first half, no control of the game or midfield and let a nervous Sunderland settle down and give us problems. We still seem too open in defense and our attack is still too slow and disjointed. We are still terrible at corners and set pieces and our team pressing is average. Sorry to be negative but did we literally just work on fitness during preseason.

Eriksen, Rose, Bentaleb, Dembele -> 4 starters out of lineup due to injury (not sure re Rose, but has to be after last game)
Son, Alli -> two players with debut

No surprise we were a little disjointed. Sunderland had obviously been drilled for last two weeks to work on defense formation, discipline.
Will disagree about the set pieces (even though not having Eriksen doesn't help), Son actually put a couple decent balls in first half.

Hard to compare to last year based on that.

We needed a win, got one, hopefully a few returning from injury, a good performance mid week and back to the tough games.

Fair enough, there's a couple missing but still you expect a decent level of play and a game plan and some intensity in our play. We don't even have the Europa to blame yet. It was just so flat from a team trying to get CL football.

Fair enough, there's a couple missing but still you expect a decent level of play and a game plan and some intensity in our play. We don't even have the Europa to blame yet. It was just so flat from a team trying to get CL football.

All teams form fluctuates over a season. We haven't started the best but there is a long way to go. Hopefully, picking up some wins will increase the players' confidence and we will become a bit more fluid.

playing too deep and slow at the moment, we should let loose a little.

Hopefully our players start to gel quickly.

Our forward players just need to find the net a bit, get a bit of confidence and flow to their game. I honestly think we will have a good season, we are close to being a very good team, just not quite there yet.

Our football is still boring, would hate to think what would have happened on here if we had lost.

Give the man to blood these youngsters in, we will have a proper spurs team that we can be proud of.

Not many managers will give the youth a chance. With youth he can mould them into the players that he needs and can supplement with quality additions.

Yeah, easily our worst performance, but by the end Chadli had two sitters, Kane missed a decent effort, Lamela an easy-ish header. We had some injuries too and new players. I'm not convinced by Poch, but at east we got a result, and our performances against Stoke first half and Everton give me hope.

It seems away games we are going to sit deeper in defense. Was very evident today. Looking to stretch the pitch and create space for the quicker guys to run in to. I just wish Hugo had better distribution.

Back