• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How many goals would Son have to score to meet your expectations?

@galeforce @Jurgen the German

Silva scored 5 in his first season at City.

Ozil scored 7 in his first season at Ar5ena1.

Cazorla scored 12 in his first season at Ar5ena1.

Willian scored 4 goals in his first season at Chel53a.

Oscar scored 12 in his first season at Chel53a.

Coutinho scored 5 in his first full season at Liverpool.

Chadli scored 5 in his first season with us.

Eriksen scored 10 goals in his first season with us.

Thanks. I still maintain whilst it is not score 10 goals or we sell him, it is achievable and not an unrealistic target.

Thanks. I still maintain whilst it is not score 10 goals or we sell him, it is achievable and not an unrealistic target.

Well obviously we got Chadli/Eriksen there last season, so we are in someway setup for support players (not outright striker) to score regularly.

My assumption is between Son/Njie, we are expecting a decent goal contribution, his ability to settle and own a first team place will determine his final goal output

so bare minimum is as good as Ryan Giggs from the wing, and as good as Van Nistelrooy from the middle?

out of interest how many should Bale get this season, 3 or 4 a game?

well he has cost 22 mill, he seems highly rated by most, if we are to do well this season then he will have to make a significant contribution.....you have to remember we dont have many goalscorers in the team, we have one recognized striker, so yes imo Son will have to come in and be very effective

To meet your expectations he would have to be amongst the best in the league in his first season.

Tough crowd.

yeah why not, i expect more from Son than Njie for example because Son comes with the reputation and from a better league. First season is more likely to be productive because of the unknown quality he brings. Second seasons tend to be less successful

well he has cost 22 mill, he seems highly rated by most, if we are to do well this season then he will have to make a significant contribution.....you have to remember we dont have many goalscorers in the team, we have one recognized striker, so yes imo Son will have to come in and be very effective

how about Bale?

or Martial, or Pedro?

how about Bale?

or Martial, or Pedro?

i dont care about them:)

i care about Spurs and what our players do.........look the question was asked, and i gave my answer. If he scores less and we are successful then it doesnt matter anyway. great stuff

But, to make you happy, i will say 1 in every 6 games as a wide forward and 1 in every 5 games as a striker. Is that better?

We were the only team in the PL last season to have three players reach double figures.

i dont care about them:)

i care about Spurs and what our players do.........look the question was asked, and i gave my answer. If he scores less and we are successful then it doesnt matter anyway. great stuff

But, to make you happy, i will say 1 in every 6 games as a wide forward and 1 in every 5 games as a striker. Is that better?

Well, whilst that certainly seems more realistic my issue is more with rating performance on something like goals scored where it's possible for that data to hide extremes in either direction. Goals are overrated ;-)

After Lamela I have no expectations for a young player who has done nothing in England or the Champion's League.

There is a real danger of people turning against Son quickly because of the fee and his background.

Well, whilst that certainly seems more realistic my issue is more with rating performance on something like goals scored where it's possible for that data to hide extremes in either direction. Goals are overrated ;-)

well you need to start a new thread then. This is a thread about Son and how many goals he is expected to score ;)

Is it because the name chadli sounds like some sort of mancunian slang for a limerick .. and they can't really be sung properly

Lol! More to do with having two players in our front 3/4 who are good at scoring but brick at pressing/putting in a defensive shift.
Well that's my prediction anyhow..

After Lamela I have no expectations for a young player who has done nothing in England or the Champion's League.

There is a real danger of people turning against Son quickly because of the fee and his background.

his background only matters for Chelsea fans mostly

A dingdonghead customer in my son keeps singing 'Here comes the sun' every 5 minutes! And he's a ST holder hope it doesn't catch!

Back