• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

This window has turned into a disgrace.

We fail to win at the stadium of light and sht hits the fan. Poch is on a hiding to nothing here. Harry kane looks off the pace in august and probably needs a rest. Mark my words ade will find a way back in just because there is no one else at the club. Criminal dealings by levy and if I was lloris, erisken, jan, Poch I would be onto my agent to say get me out of here, this club is going nowhere

This window has turned into a disgrace.

We fail to win at the stadium of light and sht hits the fan. Poch is on a hiding to nothing here. Harry kane looks off the pace in august and probably needs a rest. Mark my words ade will find a way back in just because there is no one else at the club. Criminal dealings by levy and if I was lloris, erisken, jan, Poch I would be onto my agent to say get me out of here, this club is going nowhere

Have the same feeling. Squad wise, we are actually much weaker than last season, especially since we don't have any recognized defensive midfielder or striker (other than Kane) now. Selling players like Paulinho, Soldado, Stambouli and Capoue doesn't look too wise now. I would have kept the same team from last season. This is why I always hate us selling any players before buying their replacements first. Levy's stupid transfer policy is going to cost us again this season.

11924306_471382219698285_3165953541525148143_n.jpg

The club is being fleeced.

Aside from what Enic paid for the club, they injected about £40m more which I think was used to purchase all of the land around the stadium. They also, at the time of making the club private, did a rights issue whereby they again injected more money into the club. This was a way of them getting control over the club without having to offer the same amount to all shareholders. i forget the exact figures, but it could be argued that all of this money was for training ground and stadium.

People (and this is not aimed at you billy) need to remember that Enic are an investment company. Their aim is to grow Spurs to get a return. I can say that as they have not taken any money out of the club save for a minimal dividend about 5 years ago. Hardly the actions of asset strippers, or people that want their return each year.

Thanks for saving me the effort of having to write the same.

My reaction to the last 48 hours is one of confusion. I say this because our approach to signing players and how it would seem it is always prefaced with the need to not overspend or go outside some set negotiating parameters, hence why we get very close on certain deals but ultimately fall short.

I genuinely don't have an issue with this as I think it is responsible and rational for a club of our stature. The bit however that confuses me greatly is the fact that if that is your strategy as a chairman and you acknowledge that you will loose out from time to time on key signings, then you must also acknowledge that your squad come the end of a transfer window may well be unbalanced and not have all of the obvious berths filled. You would therefore also assume that to deal with this, Tottenham will always need a coaching staff who are renowned for their flexibility, adaptability and risk taking when it comes to structuring teams with less than optimum resources available to them....

Yet Poch and AVB before him are in a lot of ways the antithesis of this what with their rigid 4-2-3-1 systems and their collective and individual pressing games, etc...

I think in Poch's favour he attempts, at least personnel wise, to try different people in different positions e.g Dyer as well as giving youth a chance over the lat 12 months, however his tactical stubbornness and seeming lack of desire to try different formations and game plans mean that this adventure may also end in tears.

The boldness of Redknapp coupled with the personality of Klopp coupled with the tactical sophistication of a Benitez would be ideal for Levy - Problem is such a coach doesn't exist!!

From the The Telegraph.
It's a seller's market

Something that Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, seemed only to appreciate when making Manchester United sweat over Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov or ensuring that Real Madrid paid top whack for Luka Modric and Gareth Bale. But trying to drive a hard bargain by stalling for time when purchasing a player from a well-run Premier League rival just doesn't work any more. Yes, you can nail a virtually potless Leeds United to the floor for Paul Robinson and Aaron Lennon more than a decade ago, but you are simply deluding yourself if you believe the same hard-nosed, wheeler-dealer, 'play it my way or I'll walk away' approach is practical. Had they met the asking price for a player they wanted, Tottenham would have got their man. By trying to play the old game of one-upmanship and Call My Bluff, Spurs are left with a gaping hole in their squad.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11838569/.html

Don't think I can argue much with that.

Doesn't go far enough, the TV money will/is ruining the game. £56m for de bruyne, £49m for sterling and £36+ for martial bonkers. Then a combined £65m isn't enough for stones and berahino means over £200m in unproven players.
As soon as sterling went for £49m every young English player went up at least £5m. I would have been happy with Austin but for £15m, seriously £15m.
DL is doing a good job in this market by not paying to much.

Doesn't go far enough, the TV money will/is ruining the game. £56m for de bruyne, £49m for sterling and £36+ for martial bonkers. Then a combined £65m isn't enough for stones and berahino means over £200m in unproven players.
As soon as sterling went for £49m every young English player went up at least £5m. I would have been happy with Austin but for £15m, seriously £15m.
DL is doing a good job in this market by not paying to much.
Absolutely. This may be an upward trend in prices which means we will have to start paying them.

Equally likely is that this is is blip in prices because clubs are expecting a step change in earnings within a year and it's incredibly important to stay in the league to get that increased revenue. In that case the price blip will, at least partly, subside next summer and those paying silly money this summer will be made to look very stupid.

Back