• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Capital One Cup 2015/16

We played them away in the FA Cup 3rd round in 2014. That was definitely not a dream fixture.
That's right, we did, didn't we? Christ... I completely blanked that out (hardly a surprise).

Mind you, that was at their place. And while home advantage rarely seems to be worth much to us these days; it definitely matters when it comes to a derby. Leastways it feels that way.

That's right, we did, didn't we? Christ... I completely blanked that out (hardly a surprise).

Mind you, that was at their place. And while home advantage rarely seems to be worth much to us these days; it definitely matters when it comes to a derby. Leastways it feels that way.

We also lost to them at home at this stage of the League Cup a few years ago too. Think it went to extra time before they eventually won 3-1. Seem to remember it being Steven Caulker's first start for the club and he looked a little out of his depth, to be honest.

Edit: just looked it up. We actually lost 4-1 after extra time.

it seems so long ago now that this was a fixture we knew we would win thanks to Bale and/or VDV

fudge it, if we win we win, if we don't it free's the calendar up a bit over winter

at least we don't have to travel to some tin pot town mid week and play on a field

I'm really excited about this. They're hardly firing on all cylinders so there is nothing to fear. Wenger likes playing his kids in this cup and our kids will eat em alive.

CNSTdm-WIAANzsV.jpg:large

Very disappointing draw. Facing a top 4 PL team like Arsenal at the very first match of any Cup is not an ideal draw. Arsenal will be up for this match, regardless of who they play. We have not been convincing in any Cup matches under Pochettino. Hope he has learned how to motivate players in Cup matches by now.

I'm getting deja vu.. I'm just leaving for reading festival and I remember a year where I saw a girl in a spurs top in the festival and she asked if I knew we drew arsenal.. When was the last time we got them in this round?

I'm getting deja vu.. I'm just leaving for reading festival and I remember a year where I saw a girl in a spurs top in the festival and she asked if I knew we drew Ar5ena1.. When was the last time we got them in this round?

Four years ago I believe.

Also means whatever the outcome of the EL draw on Friday, we will have a run of 4 home matches on the bounce, either 4 in 11 days or 12 days depending whether our first home match in the group stage is Matchday One or Two.
A chance to build some momentum in September hopefully

At least it will be free to ST holders, Levy will be gutted he won't be able to rinse 36k people at a Cat A priced cup game

Well anytime to play Arsenal is a good time. What is needed now is for the Spurs squad to come good. I am having a crisis of confidence in the team at the moment.

Well we complain (well I do) that the goons always get an easy draw at the early stages of the cups. Hopefully this isn't the case now!

Back