• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

I think they are all relevant.

occuring theme seems to be we have no answers to when an opponent sits deep and stifles us.
i disagree. i think we get well and truly exposed when teams stop sitting deep and cone at us. we fold every time. i bet not one spurs fan would ever expect us to go through a period of 5 minutes of sustained pressure and not concede.

throw into the mix that we give away constant silly free kicks and concede penalties and own goals, and i think we begin to notice that the problems are so fundamental and that we arent doing the basics right in any aspect of the game: pasing sloppy, possession aimless, no penetration, super shaky at the back etc. i think to pick on one problem would be futile. I mean just about every poster is highlighting different things; which makes it look like a lack of basic fundamentals (for a side looking to be a technically and tactically profficent passing team).

Don't know where to start with that ..
My GHod ! Ref had great game we owe him a lot IMO .. One lapse in concentration !!? What about free kicks given away three I think after we and they scored , what about Morgan header that was absolute sitter for me and anywhere else wud have scored .. One lapse in concentration lol don't make me laugh ..

Apologies, you're are totally correct. Sorry for putting a positive spin on things. I keep forgetting other teams dont give free kicks away

The Leicester had a hold of Vertonghen's shirt long before the tackle. He even got a touch on the ball, but that's irrelevant really.

The point was that Schmeichel did indeed have to make a save. In the first half Lloris didn't.

Baffles me how Spurs supporters can not see anything remotely positive about the club and the side.
I'll give credit when it's deserved .. We deserved nothing and got lucky with the draw even when we went one up with ten mins left .. And ye call Liverpool fans delusional .. Wake up .. This Spurs side going no where fast . We got lucky today .. I'd expect our manager to come out and give positive spin but Lloris already talking about basic mistakes ... Never once today did we control game and 7 or 8 refs out of ten would have given peno to them ... I can't even remember a proper chance we created even our goal was lucky cos Chadli wasn't even crossing for Ali .. Got a point and closer to bombing wasters out of side come sept 1 with a huge bit of luck

Apologies, you're are totally correct. Sorry for putting a positive spin on things. I keep forgetting other teams dont give free kicks away
We do it constantly and in context of your one lapse in concentration its relevant .. Spurs concede free kicks for fun cos half team haven't a brain cell in their head .. Constant harmless fouls given away in dangerous positions against teams who love set pieces .. It's beyond a joke

I'll give credit when it's deserved .. We deserved nothing and got lucky with the draw even when we went one up with ten mins left .. And ye call Liverpool fans delusional .. Wake up .. This Spurs side going no where fast . We got lucky today .. I'd expect our manager to come out and give positive spin but Lloris already talking about basic mistakes ... Never once today did we control game and 7 or 8 refs out of ten would have given peno to them ... I can't even remember a proper chance we created even our goal was lucky cos Chadli wasn't even crossing for Ali .. Got a point and closer to bombing wasters out of side come sept 1 with a huge bit of luck

We completely bossed the game in the first half and were better than them until we scored. Suddenly they decided to throw everything at us and we struggled for a little bit, but in the end we were closer to winning the game.

Now you're getting it. ;) Other teams have no impact on the result. It's all about us being ****.
Majority of goals we give away is our own fault .. How hard did Leicester have to work to score goal .. Launch it flick on and curl into corner . Simple .. Header should have been won by Davies n vert backs off and off . Pure silly goal but we constantly do it

We completely bossed the game in the first half and were better than them until we scored. Suddenly they decided to throw everything at us and we struggled for a little bit, but in the end we were closer to winning the game.
.. 100% totally disagree .. Never once looked comfortable in that match .. Their wingers having s great time and we created and controlled nothing .. Honestly not a slag but I have no idea what game u were watching .. U think ur way I think mine ... We were harmless , got s lucky goal and were not even good enough to hold it . Typical Spurs

I dont know if we are in the minority or not, but I am glad somebody saw the match similar to me.

Now I am not the most optimist of Spurs fans at the best of time, but, although I wouldnt go as far as to say we bossed the first half I never thought we were in too much danger. 2nd half we were in control until Lamela gave a bad pass away on around 60mins and we lost some momentum, got it back when Ali came on.
Definitely were wobbling after the equaliser and admit we were lucky not to concede a 2nd, but in stoppage time we were finishing the stronger, and believe me the home crowd celebrated that point like they had won the league

We need to show some patience. Some shabby defending has cost us quite a few points over the 3 games. I think we will need 10 games - from when the transfer window shuts - to see the team take shape. A very frustrating start to our season. But lots to look forward to. Roll back your expectations, and see where we are in November.

Considering I am a pessimist about most things, especially Tottenham, I am in a better place than I was this time last Saturday night. But the remaining days of this window are seriously going to test my resolve. Additions to the squad still have to be made

Dembele had a shot in the first half that Schmeichel saved.

It was never a penalty.

Lloris had their shot that hit the post covered.

Are you serious? The words stone and wall come to mind.

Dominated the game? Seriously mate we were the second best team today and were horrific to watch. Zero pace or creativity and sluggish from the off.

Your mate Lamela is dog brick even at 10 and if he was. Youth prospect he would be getting loaned to league 2 tomorow.

Very few redeeming other than the fact that surely now davies has to be dropped after that performance and we can actually have a full back who is meant for this system.

Also dier is not a CM - too leggy and if he stays as our midfielder we will struggle

I agree with that. Where do we expect to take points? At home to Villa, Bournemouth.

Surely we aren't at the point where anything we can take at Leicester is a bonus?!

That fact that we crumbled into dust within 30 seconds of taking the lead and were clinging on 90 seconds later wasn't because it was sunny. Its a legitimate issue that invites discussion; not petulant one liners :rolleyes:

Could'nt agree more. Nothing changes here, the excuses are just cringe worthy now. You name it, its been used as an excuse on here (some mamy many times over). We dare to laugh at fans of other clubs and then wonder why everyone laughs at us and who can blame them when they read the painful excuses trotted out on here game after game.

Those who pinned their hopes on Poch from the start are never going to admit they were wrong. We heard exactly the same excuses by (mostly) the same people when they pinned their hopes on AVB. You can copy and paste the excuses made for him and they are carbon copies of the same excuses being rattled out for Poch. It could have been any foreign manager around 40 and he would have been lauded as the next best thing. The truth is, and i've said it from the start,is that our club in the position it was in after AVB and Sherwood needed an EXPERIENCED manager to take us forward. We are getting exactly what I expected. A manager who is simply not good enough or experienced enough to have a bloody clue what to do or how to take us forward. Let the excuses commence.

Last edited:
The Leicester had a hold of Vertonghen's shirt long before the tackle. He even got a touch on the ball, but that's irrelevant really.

The point was that Schmeichel did indeed have to make a save. In the first half Lloris didn't.

Baffles me how Spurs supporters can not see anything remotely positive about the club and the side.

Firstly your wrong verts was holding first - he then goes through the plyer to get a nick on it. Awful defending.

Just cause your a Spurs fan does not mean you have to constantly defend our plauers and game reviews. We are poor today and we look a very average side right now

Back