• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

imo.. you can't put the crap style of play all on Poch.. again imo you have to place the majority of it on the players.. in this case the midfield has been useless. we are controlling possession with our defensive players and our cm's don't ever come looking for the ball to link defense to attack. that's why it keeps going from side to side without getting forward at all

What? this is how his fudging side plays .. his orders ..

We are controlling possession in our half, useless, first decent ball Kane got all game was when Lloris ignored the pass it out the back rule that Poch has obviously implemented.

imo.. you can't put the crap style of play all on Poch.. again imo you have to place the majority of it on the players.. in this case the midfield has been useless. we are controlling possession with our defensive players and our cm's don't ever come looking for the ball to link defense to attack. that's why it keeps going from side to side without getting forward at all

On the other hand poch could change the game to suit the players and conditions out there .

Unless you feel that no matter what, we have to keep plying what poch is preaching.

This game is really crying out for Rose and Trippier.
Walker and Davies are the two players who get the ball the most when we are in possession, but they aren't any good with the ball at their feet.
Rose does the walker role far better ie. The full back who runs at pace.
Trippier does the Davis role better ie.the full back who provides the crosses.

Obviously I'm talking about roles in the team not exact position on the pitch.... if you get what I mean....

Lamela is a passenger. Its a shame but its just undeniable. And whilst Dembele is playing well and is vital to us this afternoon, hes hardly famed as being a big assister or scorer. Chadli isnt one to take the game by the scruff of the neck either.

Hard to see where the spark might come from. Doesn't look like we're going to score via a pacey passing move that slices leicester open. Maybe if we probe long enough we might profit from a slip up or a poor piece of defending?

Dembele has been shooting, trouble is i dont trust anybody to help walker out apart from Dembele. Catch 22

I'll be very relieved if this finishes 0-0. We produce absolutely nothing, and have no offensive players on the bench except onomah. Leicester far more dangerous on the counter and were robbed of a penalty. Absolutely shocking decision.
Not a pen both players holding shirts but Verts got a toe on the ball.

It's been a flat performance from us; but people saying it's one of the worst they've ever seen, clearly have short memories. Leicester are parking the bus and hoping to grab one on the counter. They are crowding Kane out of the game, and as hard as Lamela is working, he hasn't "stood up to the plate" in the way I hoped Eriksen's absence might inspire him to. So Kane is isolated, we have an industrious but ultimately ineffective #10 and one of the other two attacking players (Chadli) has been fairly invisible.

Dembele and Mason have both been decent; but against a packed defence, they simply can't make up for Lamela and Chadli's lack of impact.

On the other hand, despite a couple of Vertonghen brain-farts and a single error by Davies, the defence has been solid and I'm not sure LLoris has touched the ball (aside from back-passes and goal-kicks). He's not had a save to make or a cross to intercept.

What we're crying out for is an attacking player or two with enough pace and guile to trouble a defence like that. A player like... Njie? Or Berahino? By which I mean to say... I think the problems with the team today are being actively addressed by the club. Have faith guys.

COYS!

:rolleyes:

They are playing according to how they have been trained.

i agree. the problem is, the players who have been trained, are not creative enough, don't go looking for the ball, and it leads to a style of play that is un-Spurs like. If we put Carroll in i'd nearly guarantee that we'll see a lot more quick passing, better tempo, and more direct play.

Mason is a box to box type and Dier is a CB playing CM. Give me two CM's with vision who want the ball at their feet like Carroll and Bentaleb in their place and you will notice a huge difference.

The only thing i blame Poch for is not selecting a more creative CM pairing in the first place.

It's been a flat performance from us; but people saying it's one of the worst they've ever seen, clearly have short memories. Leicester are parking the bus and hoping to grab one on the counter. They are crowding Kane out of the game, and as hard as Lamela is working, he hasn't "stood up to the plate" in the way I hoped Eriksen's absence might inspire him to. So Kane is isolated, we have an industrious but ultimately ineffective #10 and one of the other two attacking players (Chadli) has been fairly invisible.

Dembele and Mason have both been decent; but against a packed defence, they simply can't make up for Lamela and Chadli's lack of impact.

On the other hand, despite a couple of Vertonghen brain-farts and a single error by Davies, the defence has been solid and I'm not sure LLoris has touched the ball (aside from back-passes and goal-kicks). He's not had a save to make or a cross to intercept.

What we're crying out for is an attacking player or two with enough pace and guile to trouble a defence like that. A player like... Njie? Or Berahino? By which I mean to say... I think the problems with the team today are being actively addressed by the club. Have faith guys.

COYS!

Its not the worst performance, I think what people (and at least me) are VERY worried about is

- a side is allowing us to play and after a year of Poch, after dumping a bunch of "deadwood" we look exactly the same as under AVB

Anyone who still thinks buying one player is going to change this is fudging confused ...

i agree. the problem is, the players who have been trained, are not creative enough, don't go looking for the ball, and it leads to a style of play that is un-Spurs like. If we put Carroll in i'd nearly guarantee that we'll see a lot more quick passing, better tempo, and more direct play.

Mason is a box to box type and Dier is a CB playing CM. Give me two CM's with vision who want the ball at their feet like Carroll and Bentaleb in their place and you will notice a huge difference.

The only thing i blame Poch for is not selecting a more creative CM pairing in the first place.

we have no width apart from the full backs....nada

Davies is all alone on the left, Walker a few times has had Dembele close by....this is what the manager wants, these are his tactics

also, we very rarely fire the ball forward into Kane. He is simply starved of the ball.....im sorry but im just flabbergasted by how we play

also, imo, the reason our front 4 has been useless (apart from Dembele) is the lack of creativity to get them the ball in dangerous areas.

They're basically asked to drop back and get the ball in the middle of the park and it takes them away from areas they could typically exploit if we just had a couple CM's capable of seeing their runs/getting the ball to them in those areas. IMO it's all to do with the players in the two deeper cm roles.

I don't think we have been that bad, Leicester have only caused us problems when we have given them cheap possession and even then lloris hasn't had a proper save to make

they are a good side with a fast attack, this was never going to be easy

I don't think we have been that bad, Leicester have only caused us problems when we have given them cheap possession and even then lloris hasn't had to a proper save to make

they are a good side with a fast attack, this was never going to be easy

Yeah .. Stoke is good, Leicester is a decent side ... fudge me, is there anybody we should expect to beat in the PL?

I'm not a pooch fan and would have preferred De Boer. Wouldn't fire him as that's just getting embarrassing. But his system has achieved mid table success in the premier league
Its not the worst performance, I think what people (and at least me) are VERY worried about is

- a side is allowing us to play and after a year of Poch, after dumping a bunch of "deadwood" we look exactly the same as under AVB

Anyone who still thinks buying one player is going to change this is fudgeing confused ...
I think a player or two will have a bit of a visible difference. But I don't think this supposed pooch system will achieve much, yet some seem to think it will if he had sneiderlin and rodriques types, I'm lost

Back