• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

I think Dier has been an early success this season as a '6'. For me its kind of thrown what i thought i knew about our midfield out of the window a bit: Mason & Bentaleb were our first choice midfield, with Bentaleb the first name on the sheet, Mason not looking like a convincing long term option. I thought Alli would be looking to dislodge Mason and would be the first midfield sub off the bench.

But Dier seems to be really staking a claim and its not as fantastical or left field as it appears on first glance. Last year from right back he played some beautiful crosses into the box that led directly to goals, got up and down the flank with a bit more grace than you would anticipate from a CB and also offers goal threat. He looks a decent bet there, but understandably its going to take a long while for us to get our heads round it. It looks like we are plugging holes with inexperienced players out of position, which (based on a small sample of two games tbf) isn't giving Dier the credit he deserves.

We could really, really do with Bentaleb snapping out of this mini trough. Unfortunately for our players this season, and our team in general, our philosophy offers them the chance of first team action, but it also demands that they acquit themselves like a first teamer: no settling in or hiding behind experienced players with us - there are none!

I'm sure its a very thrilling/exciting/promising/scary/unforgiving scenario for our youngsters to be involved in.

Half-surprised Njie isn't on the bench, but unlike Pochettino I have no idea what his level of match-fitness is and how much "pre-season" he still needs. So I'm not exactly in a position to criticise.

Eriksen's injury is unfortunate, and I hope to hell it's a case of picking up a slight knock and sitting out the weekend as a precaution; as opposed to six months on the sidelines. Ever since Ledley King, the phrase "knee injury" produces a negative Pavolvian response in me, and I tend to fear the worst.

Anyway; it looks like Lamela will be starting in the No. 10 role behind Kane. Eriksen is one of our best players, and Lamela's form hasn't been great - this could be a major blow to us.

Or it could be exactly what Lamela needs... today we'll see him finally step up a level and put in a performance that'll give us all back some hope for the lad.

We can dream.

COYS!

I'll have to steer away from any news/football related media until I get home from work at 9pm. It's gonna be a struggle. I can't watch games if I already know the result.
It's just boring and pointless then.

That team doesn't frigthen me, actually fills me with dread. But i need try to be positive. We need three points. This is the best 11 in Pochs eyes. Let's hope we play well. COYFS

I just watched Man Utd bore the trousers off half the globe, after spending one quarter of a BILLION pounds on talent.

Go figure.

Meanwhile, you lot are jealous of Leicester's imperious line up of Danny Drinkwater and Richie Da Laet.

We are SPURS, man up and COME ON.

I really hope Dier does well in this midfield role, but it looks to me it's going to take a lot of games for him to get use to the role. Like most defenders he stops the ball rather than letting it run and is unsure when to move forward, which he must do or we end up with 3 centrebacks. Will serves us well in away games but does help with our lack of creativity. I'd take a draw today, but would not be surprised if we win.

Back