• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Do you think we'd be better off selling now or sending him on loan to Serie A for the season in the hope of getting a higher fee next summer?

Anyone who takes him on loan will want the option to buy at a previously agreed price, so don't think it makes a difference

My Lamela switch tripped tonight. I was desperately hoping he would come good but now I've had a change of heart. I don't want him on the pitch.
I'll gladly eat my hat if his form picks up but he just doesn't get the lack of time you get in this league. I thought at the end of last season for a few matches he was moving the ball quicker and taking the obvious pass. That spell of good decision making has disappeared and now he is back to the player who started last season.

Exactly the same for me

We blew our chance to sell him for a decent fee. utter waste of time and money. Seriously how can we justify giving him a spot even on the bench when Pritchard and N'Jie in the mix?

Lamela needs to be give the chance as a 10 where he has freedom.

I'm not saying that will turn him into the player we want him to be, but we are just playing him out of position every week - none of the attributes he has make him a winger and we wonder why he is brick

The suspicion has to be that there's an element of pressure to use him in the hope his price will reinflate, so I think we could still be seeing a bit more of him yet. I did say I was happy for him to be given one more season to show something, but my Christ, yesterday's shift has put a massive dent in that.

Saw both goals again there on MOTD. Lamela had nothing to do with either of them.
First one was Ireland in midfield passed it past Dier into the Stoke player who Alderwiereld fouls.
Second one Eriksen is on the right, Lamela is over on the left after they have swapped over. Ireland goes back Walker and crossed it in to Diouf that loses both centre halfs.
This, stopping Ireland getting the ball right should have been the priority, not when it was out wide.

The thing is that performance was not particularly out of context. He has consistently put in displays like that where he is petulant, wasteful and makes wrong decisions. Yesterday his appearance coincided with our capitulation, hence why people noticed him so much.

He may be unfit or whatever but that just reinforces that he shouldn't be playing for us. Poch could have brought on the legs of alli to shore up the midfield or even put carroll at 10 as he is a player who would have put his foot on the ball and kept it.

Also it should be noted that in preseason carroll looked decent playing off the right and frankly anyone is a better option right now. The fact that carroll and onomah out played him in preseason,playing out of positon, shows just how bad he has been.

He lacks pace, he lacks a touch, he lacks technique and yesterday unfortunately you saw the Spurs crowd begin to turn on him.

The suspicion has to be that there's an element of pressure to use him in the hope his price will reinflate, so I think we could still be seeing a bit more of him yet. I did say I was happy for him to be given one more season to show something, but my Christ, yesterday's shift has put a massive dent in that.

LOL i have always been a Lamela supporter but yesterday it looked like his debut again!

I've been something of a Lamela apologist, hoping and thinking that he'd come good and prove his price tag. But yesterday was really poor. i wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the petulant arm-waving that accompanies every missed tackle and wasted pass. He is a complete liability defensively and the premier league doesn't allow him the time and space he obviously needs. If we could get £15m for him from a team abroad, i'd take it and wish him well.

I've been something of a Lamela apologist, hoping and thinking that he'd come good and prove his price tag. But yesterday was really poor. i wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the petulant arm-waving that accompanies every missed tackle and wasted pass. He is a complete liability defensively and the premier league doesn't allow him the time and space he obviously needs. If we could get £15m for him from a team abroad, i'd take it and wish him well.

If someone comes in for him this transfer window for 15m, i will pay for his plane ticket.

Why not play him on the left and let him drift in like Eriksen used to?

I have to say he's been poor and only shown the odd glimpse of talent. For me I see this as his 2nd season as he spent most of the first one injured. I'm hoping with an Argie manager that he'll be able to get him to come good.

Back