• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yarmolenko

Not exactly, but we're both from Iceland and pretty much everybody knows one another over here. If not, you certainly know a guy that knows the guy in question...I got my info through a mutual friend, but only that he'd already decided a team and signed his contract. It didn't get out until very, very late that he'd chosen us over liverpool, if I remeber correctly.

And although it's true that a lot of journalists are "close" with Icelandic players, it doesn't mean that they get unlimited access to this sort of information. Obviously the players are bound to confidence during intense negotiations and I can't imagine things are that much different for Yarmolenko and other Ukrainians.

But let's get the thread back on track. Yarmolenko looks like a really good player. Really curious as to why he hasn't been tapped up earlier in the summer and frankly that's quite a big red flag. He has the skills, good pace, he's tall and judging by the glory videos, he's willing to track back and defend a lot.

What are we missing...?

Not exactly, but we're both from Iceland and pretty much everybody knows one another over here. If not, you certainly know a guy that knows the guy in question...I got my info through a mutual friend, but only that he'd already decided a team and signed his contract. It didn't get out until very, very late that he'd chosen us over liverpool, if I remeber correctly.

And although it's true that a lot of journalists are "close" with Icelandic players, it doesn't mean that they get unlimited access to this sort of information. Obviously the players are bound to confidence during intense negotiations and I can't imagine things are that much different for Yarmolenko and other Ukrainians.

But let's get the thread back on track. Yarmolenko looks like a really good player. Really curious as to why he hasn't been tapped up earlier in the summer and frankly that's quite a big red flag. He has the skills, good pace, he's tall and judging by the glory videos, he's willing to track back and defend a lot.

What are we missing...?

i think we are waiting to see if we can sell Townsend or Lamela first, free up a space at RWF

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though neither play LWF? Or did you mean right? Townsend for me.

NJie/Chadli Eriksen/Pricthard Yarmolenko/Lamela

Dembele covering for all 3 and CM positions. Perfect!

well spotted, yeah i meant RWF

agree with Townsend

I don't think we will sell Lamela but Townsend could go .Even if he doesn't we should still sign him.Seems to have the attributes that we want.He has done his time in Kiev its time for him to test himself in Europe.

Even though neither play LWF? Or did you mean right? Townsend for me.

NJie/Chadli Eriksen/Pricthard Yarmolenko/Lamela

Dembele covering for all 3 and CM positions. Perfect!

U forgot berahino and more pace needed . I think we are nailed on for berahino . A last day transfer that one for sure with Townsend or lamela leaving .. Personally I'd sell both !!

I'm not sure all 3 are coming in, and by all 3 I mean Berahino, Njie and Yarmolenko. Njie looks to be around £12mill +, Yarmolenko would be in the same bracket, 12-15, and Berahino looks to end up at over £20mill ++. That's a minimum of £45 million. Add in Aldeweireld and Trippier and we are at £65 million. I don't think we're gonna spend that much. AND with this we still haven't sorted out the CM, so that's another £15 million! £80 million on new players? I don't think so!

I'm not sure all 3 are coming in, and by all 3 I mean Berahino, Njie and Yarmolenko. Njie looks to be around £12mill +, Yarmolenko would be in the same bracket, 12-15, and Berahino looks to end up at over £20mill ++. That's a minimum of £45 million. Add in Aldeweireld and Trippier and we are at £65 million. I don't think we're gonna spend that much. AND with this we still haven't sorted out the CM, so that's another £15 million! £80 million on new players? I don't think so!

Does seem like a lot to have spent. But we've also raised a fair bit of money from player sales this summer too. We're likely to raise additional funds from the sales of Soldado, Lennon and Adebayor, quite possibly Fazio and Townsend too.

Zero chance that we'd buy Berahino, Njie and Yarmolenko!!!

I think we know that signing too many can go tits up - so NJie and Berahino ( assuming WB don't make it messy) will be the lot

I'd like this guy. He really is a tricky customer and something very different that we could bring off the bench to change things up.

It was him or N'Jie. I'm actually quite happy with the one we did end up getting, so not too concerned overall. :p He'll do really well in the PL, I suspect: he has all the necessary tools (pace, strength and stamina).

Back