• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V manchester united***

I saw a team that wasn't lost, which is what we were in the latter part of last season. In that regard we looked miles better. But we still lack that midfield link and a pacy option up front. So still more work to do, but I like the direction we're headed in. And I'm one of the doom and gloom guys!

Well, we'll just have to disagree. I expected us to look different to how we looked at the end of last season , but that was the bare minimum. If we continued this season the way we ended the last one, I'd be utterly dismayed. However, as a performance compared to perhaps the period between October and March...we really don't look that different, mate. Not at all. Save for the few good trends I did point out.

And even then he is garbage .. Not good enough for first 11 and wud be nowhere near mine .. No chance of a 4th with this lad playing 38 games .. Decent player to bring on when winning but just shocked at how **** he is playing

Calm down.

Disappointing result. One (uncharacteristically) awful performance and a couple of so-so ones. Aside from that; there were more positives than negatives out of the match today. Can't help but feel some Spurs fans have seriously unrealistic expectations if they can't see that.

(But we're all entitled to our own opinion)

Vorm had absolutely nothing to do. Romero had more to do, we deserved more but ultimately lost away to a team who usually always beat us, have spent a lot more than us and will more than likely finish above us.

It happens. Alderweireld is class.

Shame, because we seemed to start so brightly, but thumped the self-destruct button in true Spurs style and looked shaky as fuсk afterwards. Tried to step it up again in the final five minutes, but didn't really have the legs in the heat and it was too little, too late with a couple of pretty tame efforts. Disappointing how little impact anyone was able to make after such a promising start; we need a few more options.

Positives
  • We looked solid defensively.
  • Alderweireld looks like a top top acquisition and whilst not all of his long diagonals worked, a few of them really opened UTD up.
  • Aside from the own goal Walker had a good game albeit up against a more traditional winger, the type of player he thrives against.
  • Our possession play from deep is risky but when it worked we got forward well.
  • Dier played well in midfield for me. He was on the front foot and actually did a lot more ahead of Bentaleb than I was expecting.
Negatives
  • Kane looked slow today, definitely looked like the tired Kane of times last season. He tried too hard at times and held onto the ball too long.
  • Chadli and Eriksen flitted in and out of the game, but I think more of that was to do with how UTD compacted the middle of the field and cut down on their areas of play.
  • Bentaleb. A lot is expected of him this year and whilst this performance shouldn't be used to punish him, it should serve as a kick up the arse.
We outplayed UTD for large periods of the game and should've had a couple of goals in the first half. It's the first game of the season, players will improve and we will hopefully see some signings soon. I think the future looks quite bright.
A very fair assessment. Love Bentaleb but he didn't have a good game (wonder how much of that was due to Dier being a partner today? No blame on Dier BTW, not his position), and Walker was really unlucky IMO (Vorm did nothing to help the situation).

We had opportunies enough to miss a couple and still win. I was personally disappointed with Chadli and Eriksen, but overall we are building something strong. Back-four was solid and agree, TA was great.

Onwards!

I can actually see us playing with a pacy goalscorer (N'jie/Berahino links) instead of Chadli.

As someone else said, Kane dropped deep and he and Eriksen just knocked the ball around the UTD players only for the ball to move out wide to a full back with no-one to aim at. In these cases a second forward/goalscorer would be great as they would move ahead of Kane and pick up some good positions. Chadli did do this at times today and he did make some good supporting runs that weren't spotted, but one of those players mentionned would offer something different.

A decent performance, but anybody thinking this side is going to achieve anything with Bentaleb and Mason in midfield is kidding themselves, because neither of them are good enough.

**** mate .. 1 mistake .. by someone who was one of our best players last season ... hardly same old, same old

Who did a similar mistake for Bale's goal last Tuesday.

For a player of his quality, Bentaleb is unacceptably sloppy; just hope he learns from the mistake

Overall I'm not distraught at the performance, with a few rubs of the green we'd have won. With a few quicker minds/moves we might have won comfortably. We might wonder about Walker, but Rooney had half an hour to put it in, so it was just two wrongs NOT making a right.

Ref's homer instinct broke up play rather than caused any game-changeing moments.

My pubathon was not great (on top of the homer commentary) - so how did others think Alli do when he came on ?. Not much mentioned thus far.

Weakness were pointed out by most fans weeks ago.

Cm - too weak, needs an old head
Wide forward - no pace
Striker - to change formation/ other options

we lost, didnt score, didnt really look like scoring. We were average against a poor United defence. No DeGea, Smalling and Blind as cbs, i mean come on is it too much to ask for a goal

The main thing that is lacking for me is a little bit of intelligence in the final third. How many times did we find ourselves in a great position only for the final pass to be lacking?

You also need to realise that there are two teams on the pitch - they closed us down very well at times and also created next to nothing. All this after a confidence boost from Bentaleb's moment of madness AT HOME!

Back