• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Teddy Sheringham new Stevenage boss

So you can only be a legend at Spurs if you spend your whole career here? Poor Hoddle.

Mackay, gazza, blanchflower, chivers, greaves, Jennings, and on and on and on

Mabbutt played over 100 games for Bristol Rovers, is he out or in?

He is just another selfish player who looked after his own career. He is in no way a Spurs fan, legend or anything. He does not fit to tie the boot laces of players like Perryman, Mabbut or King who stayed with Spurs for their full career.

You do realise there can be some options in between 'traitor' and 'legend'?

I think we'd all struggle to name ten players that fit into the fantasy category of " club lifer"

King
Billy Nic
Erm........

Complete nonsense. Teddy is a legend pure and simple. You certainly dont have to stay at a club your life to be one. You cant even put King in the category of being a legend just because he spent his whole career here. If he had not had his injuries who knows what bigger clubs would have come in for him. Chances are he would have left us in his prime.

He stayed with us for the majority of the time when we were proper rubbish! props to the guy - he more than deserved his move to Man Utd at the time. We were way below where we are now in terms of pecking order.

Nothing but respect for this legend.

So, why he hates Arsenal ? Surely not because he loves Spurs. If he loved Spurs, he would not have left us to join ManU. It was a huge setback for us when he left. I hate him more than Campbell. For me, he will always be a bigger traitor than Campbell.

Stop it!! Haha

He left because sugar had no ambition and the team who'd won 4 out of the last 6 titles wanted him!

Would you mind explaining why you consider him a bigger traitor than Judas, I'm really eager to hear this.

He is just another selfish player who looked after his own career. He is in no way a Spurs fan, legend or anything. He does not fit to tie the boot laces of players like Perryman, Mabbut or King who stayed with Spurs for their full career.

Thank you for giving me a laugh on a bad day.

Well this escalated quickly. I was gutted when he left especially for just £3.5m but to compare him to that low life piece of crud scumbell is a joke.

Yes exactly. Can we go back to the original reason this joyous thread was started and dedicated to Sir Edward of Sheringham.

One of his greatest ever games, England v Holland Euro 96. That fake-shot assist for Shearer, 99 times out of 100 a striker would just blast that towards goal.

Not doubting that he has at the very least some feelings for Spurs, but didn't he claim he was actually a West Ham fan when he ended up there....? And also turn down the chance to come back for a third spell here under Jol?

I'm not claiming these as concrete facts, they are just pulled from hazy memories, but....what the hell was that about?!

So, why he hates Arsenal ? Surely not because he loves Spurs. If he loved Spurs, he would not have left us to join ManU. It was a huge setback for us when he left. I hate him more than Campbell. For me, he will always be a bigger traitor than Campbell.

At least Sheringham was decent enough to be up front and honest about it and didn't lie for over a year. Don't get me wrong, I was gutted at the time when he left, but I was only 12 at the time, I'd be far more understanding now if a similar thing happened. I don't recall him going on strike or refusing to turn up for games or training.

Not doubting that he has at the very least some feelings for Spurs, but didn't he claim he was actually a West Ham fan when he ended up there....? And also turn down the chance to come back for a third spell here under Jol?

I'm not claiming these as concrete facts, they are just pulled from hazy memories, but....what the hell was that about?!

Yeah, he's got just as many boyhood clubs as Robbie Keane. I really don't know why players do this, I don't care who they supported when they were 9.

All the same, he was a great player for us, never relied on pace, such an intelligent player.

At least Sheringham was decent enough to be up front and honest about it and didn't lie for over a year. Don't get me wrong, I was gutted at the time when he left, but I was only 12 at the time, I'd be far more understanding now if a similar thing happened. I don't recall him going on strike or refusing to turn up for games or training.

it all happened very quickly iirc, one day in the summer it had just happened, I think it was only a day or two later that we announced Ferdinand and Ginola as well, might just be the access to news was so different back then

Sheringham used to be my favourite player. But started to hate him when he left us to join ManU, the team I hate most ! Never liked it when he came back to retire with us. He started many unwanted trends. He showed other players to use Spurs as a stepping stone to join bigger clubs. I am convinced Campbell was influenced to join Arsenal because of Sheringham. He also showed ManU to use us as a feeder club, signing key players from us like Carrick and Berbatov over the years. He caused us huge setbacks which took us many years to overcome.

Back