• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

So, the ballot for Labour Leader has been sorted, and a guy called Jeremy Corbyn has made it on. I hadn't really heard of him before, but I like that he has convictions, is a left-wing politician, was against Iraq war and never fiddled his expenses.

I read that you can pay a one off £3 to be able to have a vote in the Labour leadership election. I have done just that, as I'd like to be able to have someone like Corbyn to represent my views. This is the link:

https://supporters.labour.org.uk/candidates/1

I know he probably won't win, and probably wouldn't win a GE either. But for me, he's worth supporting. Those who believe in Tory ideology have the Tory party to vote for, and I respect that. IMO, those with an alternative viewpoint need to be represented by a proper opposition party. Anyway, I'm off to bed.

So, the ballot for Labour Leader has been sorted, and a guy called Jeremy Corbyn has made it on. I hadn't really heard of him before, but I like that he has convictions, is a left-wing politician, was against Iraq war and never fiddled his expenses.

I read that you can pay a one off £3 to be able to have a vote in the Labour leadership election. I have done just that, as I'd like to be able to have someone like Corbyn to represent my views. This is the link:

https://supporters.labour.org.uk/candidates/1

I know he probably won't win, and probably wouldn't win a GE either. But for me, he's worth supporting. Those who believe in Tory ideology have the Tory party to vote for, and I respect that. IMO, those with an alternative viewpoint need to be represented by a proper opposition party. Anyway, I'm off to bed.
I'll be signing up and voting for Corbyn too, along with a few thousand other Conservative members I suspect.

I really do hope he wins - would be the funniest thing to happen to British politics for a long while.

Its good in todays age to see/hear a MP who has morals and is not afraid to stand by them instead of sound bites and insincerity which fits most of our leaders in todays world.

But alas he will not become the party leader because truth and honesty has no place in todays political spectrum.

Its good in todays age to see/hear a MP who has morals and is not afraid to stand by them instead of sound bites and insincerity which fits most of our leaders in todays world.

But alas he will not become the party leader because truth and honesty has no place in todays political spectrum.

I don't think he'll win either. BUT, a vote from you or me (assuming we've paid the £3 to become a 'registered supporter') is worth the same as a vote from an MP, union member, or Labour party member, under Labour rules introduced by Miliband. So for those of us who want someone to stand up for and represent a different point of view, it's got to be worth getting involved and giving him a vote.

Corbyn will be on the telly tonight, in a debate along with the other candidates. 7pm, bbc2. I'm gonna check it out, as I've only seen a bit of him speak, mainly it's reading what he's about that makes me want to vote for him.

I don't think he'll win either. BUT, a vote from you or me (assuming we've paid the £3 to become a 'registered supporter') is worth the same as a vote from an MP, union member, or Labour party member, under Labour rules introduced by Miliband. So for those of us who want someone to stand up for and represent a different point of view, it's got to be worth getting involved and giving him a vote.

Corbyn will be on the telly tonight, in a debate along with the other candidates. 7pm, bbc2. I'm gonna check it out, as I've only seen a bit of him speak, mainly it's reading what he's about that makes me want to vote for him.

I do not disagree with that but even if he does win the leadership I can not see him ever being the PM. The truth is that most of the general public do not vote for what is good for the country so I doubt someone who speaks the truth to them will get enough votes. They prefer to be told something that deep down inside they know is all gonad*s but its like sheep being led to the promised land.

I do not disagree with that but even if he does win the leadership I can not see him ever being the PM. The truth is that most of the general public do not vote for what is good for the country so I doubt someone who speaks the truth to them will get enough votes. They prefer to be told something that deep down inside they know is all cobblers but its like sheep being led to the promised land.

True. But for me, having someone to vote for in a viable party would be a big improvement in the democracy of our country. Rather than "meet the new boss, same as the old boss." If the country votes otherwise, then that's the democratic result.

I watched the debate on bbc2, I thought it was poor. Not particularly because of the candidates, but because of the host. She talked way too much when we could have been hearing the views of the candidates.

Surprised no else has posted this - which maybe speaks volumes.

But looks like Greece are stealing Cameron's thunder by having the first referendum on EU membership, or at the very least Eurozone membership.

Surprised no else has posted this - which maybe speaks volumes.

But looks like Greece are stealing Cameron's thunder by having the first referendum on EU membership, or at the very least Eurozone membership.
I hope it has a knock on effect and everyone round Europe starts realising that the EU is worse and more corrupt then FIFA and we can do without it.

Apart from the Germans who use it to strangle trade I do not see it being of any value to any countries in Europe.

As for the old cliche about over half a trade coming from Europe, is rubbish and highly questionable. When you load something onto a ship in this country and it is in a container and that ship stops in Rotterdam if something is added to the container despite your goods not coming off the ship. It is classed as your goods being sold to the EU even if their destination is India and that is the only place they are taken off the ship. Your still classed as having traded with Europe despite not selling to a European country. That is a fact.

We should be offering companies tax rebates to progress trade with emerging nations.

From Tspiras' point of view, this seemed sort of inevitable. Negotiate with the EU, knowing they won't agree, then say to his people "Well, I tried. They won't accept what you voted me in for, so I'll let you lot have the final say."

From Tspiras' point of view, this seemed sort of inevitable. Negotiate with the EU, knowing they won't agree, then say to his people "Well, I tried. They won't accept what you voted me in for, so I'll let you lot have the final say."

Will he still come out of it looking good or are people starting to doubt him?
I haven't been following that closely

Back