• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Boxing

$90 PPV here, mayweather fought exactly as he always has, Pac had no gameplan, freddie roach should be disappointed with himself for never giving his fighter a chance. more interesting to see the celebs ringside

...embarrassed by that absolutely absurd Geico samurai-style head band, which made him look like character out of Mike Judge's Idiocracy...unbelievable...I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

...embarrassed by that absolutely absurd Geico samurai-style head band, which made him look like character out of Mike Judge's Idiocracy...unbelievable...I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

he does have alzheimer's, :oops:

Anyone who questioned how that fight turned out, hasn't been watching boxing for over a decade.

Mayweather is a defensive fighter who last had a knockout in 2011, prior to that was 2 between 2011 & 2005, style has always been very hard to hit, lots of love tap punches with the well timed odd one or two to impress judges at key points in rounds.

He's hand picked opponents for years, hasn't fought outside of vegas for 7+ years, plays the villain, talks smack and never delivers anything worth watching in the ring.

Pac is too old now, that little bit slower, that little bit less power and neither were going to risk it all, watching this was like watching the build up to a Mourinho game on Sky, a bunch of hype no one believes and a result that makes you question your sanity and love for the sport ...

GGG tonight. Arguably amongst the best pound for pound fighters in the world. Talk of him versus Canelo Alvarez, would be a good fight

It was a fight between two guys with no desire to go on and push the extra mile to win. Both were happy with the pay cheque and knew they could make a lot of money at the end of their careers. Wouldnt surprise me if they both retired. It was obvious Mayweather would win this on points

You can't watch a huge amount of Mayweather then, that's been his style for a long long time now. He's not had a knock out since Ortiz but is still a supreme boxer. Look at how easily he dealt with Canelo for instance and that was him stepping up a weight for the fight against someone who was unbeaten at the time.

Be good to see him face someone like Crawford in his last fight, my fav would be GGG but unlikely as he fights 2 weights higher, doubt GGG would meet him in the middle and he's far too dangerous. 20 straight KO's, him against Canelo would be a worthy fight.

Anyone who questioned how that fight turned out, hasn't been watching boxing for over a decade.

Mayweather is a defensive fighter who last had a knockout in 2011, prior to that was 2 between 2011 & 2005, style has always been very hard to hit, lots of love tap punches with the well timed odd one or two to impress judges at key points in rounds.

He's hand picked opponents for years, hasn't fought outside of vegas for 7+ years, plays the villain, talks smack and never delivers anything worth watching in the ring.

Pac is too old now, that little bit slower, that little bit less power and neither were going to risk it all, watching this was like watching the build up to a Mourinho game on Sky, a bunch of hype no one believes and a result that makes you question your sanity and love for the sport ...
Its exactly the same people who pay for a Klitschko ppv and then complain they've been watching a jab fest.

You'd think that by now they would have realised that hype doesn't tend to translate to an entertaining fight anymore!

Its exactly the same people who pay for a Klitschko ppv and then complain they've been watching a jab fest.

You'd think that by now they would have realised that hype doesn't tend to translate to an entertaining fight anymore!

Boxing has been deteriorating for years because of the hype that is attached to undefeated records, or knockout streaks.

Literally has translated to most boxers spending the majority of their career in record padding fights, very little of which is worth watching.

Then when you do get an interesting, aggressive fighter, nobody (or their management) wants to fight them for years (see GGG right now)

Boxing has been deteriorating for years because of the hype that is attached to undefeated records, or knockout streaks.

Literally has translated to most boxers spending the majority of their career in record padding fights, very little of which is worth watching.

Then when you do get an interesting, aggressive fighter, nobody (or their management) wants to fight them for years (see GGG right now)
Yep, thats exactly why I've lost a lot of interest in it - until they make a proper ladder system where fighters have to fight decent opposition to get anywhere and a few losses in a row arent seen as the end of a career we just won't see the fights that should happen.

The current setup only benefits the promoters and management which is a shame because its a great sport, it just has one of the very worst professional setups.

I started watching a lot more mma and while its not perfect - there's plenty of fight spoiling going on there - at least the matchups lead to consistently strong fights and the top fighters actually compete against one another.

It's only the last couple of years I'd say that's happened, before that when Golden Boy came along they shook things up a lot more and we got most of the big fights that people wanted to see.

Has there been any progress on getting rid of some of these stupids belts? They need to merge them so fighters can't focus on winning and keeping the lesser belts and avoiding other title holders just to remain a champion.

Has there been any progress on getting rid of some of these stupids belts? They need to merge them so fighters can't focus on winning and keeping the lesser belts and avoiding other title holders just to remain a champion.

Nope .. think they invented a few more new ones to add insult

I think it is underhanded the way its done. All people want is for things to be conducted properly. I want to see the best fights, and im sure everybody else does, rather than the manipulation behind the scenes which is arguable in its legality...

I think it is underhanded the way its done. All people want is for things to be conducted properly. I want to see the best fights, and im sure everybody else does, rather than the manipulation behind the scenes which is arguable in its legality...

Agreed, in an ideal world I would like to see one World title in each class with boxers not ready to step up amongst the best of the best contending for the continental, national and regional belts but I know that the boxing associations would never agree to this...

How the hell is it that two belts, once unified become 'ununified' anyway? Is it only through retirment and then the assosciations chossing different fights for their titles? Can't see how a unified champion could ever lose one belt but not the other.

Agreed, in an ideal world I would like to see one World title in each class with boxers not ready to step up amongst the best of the best contending for the continental, national and regional belts but I know that the boxing associations would never agree to this...

How the hell is it that two belts, once unified become 'ununified' anyway? Is it only through retirment and then the assosciations chossing different fights for their titles? Can't see how a unified champion could ever lose one belt but not the other.

All four major sanctioning bodies has a top 10 list in every weight class (not including champions within that sanctioning body) where the top fighters become mandatory challengers for that belt. When a champion refuses to fight a mandatory challenger he can lose his title.

All four major sanctioning bodies has a top 10 list in every weight class (not including champions within that sanctioning body) where the top fighters become mandatory challengers for that belt. When a champion refuses to fight a mandatory challenger he can lose his title.

Thanks for that, I take it that doesn't just mean if the boxer flat out doesn't want to fight the guy but can also mean that if he chooses one sanctioning bodies #1 contender first over the other?

Found this description..

The WBA started out as the National Boxing Association in 1921 and later on came to be the World Boxing Association.
The WBC then came in 1963 and was the first organization reduce fights to a 12 round max limit and went bankrupt in 2004 after a lawsuit but eventually survived.
Then came the IBF in 1983 where a man who didn't get elected to become president of the WBA got fed up and some people followed him along and formed a new world organization. The IBF used to be the USBA, a regional boxing organization but transformed into the IBF in '83.
Then came the WBO (which some still hold as a minor title) in 1988 after some people got fed up with the WBA at the '88 convention and started their own organization.

Apparently the new WBC boss wants to have all the belt holders fight each other to find the real champion...

Sulaiman, 44, was elected last year to succeed his father, long-time WBC President Jose Sulaiman, who died in February.

The son wasted no time trying to implement some changes in a sport that has been slow to change.

Sulaiman, who had worked the conventions behind the scenes with his father for 40 years, preparing materials, being a gofer and “looking after every single detail and running around everywhere,” was running the show and laid out his organisation’s proposals:

A tournament of champions for each weight division, with the winner from among the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO champions being the only one who can rightfully be called a “world champion.” Sulaiman said all but the WBO are currently on board.

“It’s just a matter of time, we’re doing things to go in that direction,” Sulaiman told USA TODAY Sports this week. “We’re trying to bring everybody on board. Each organisation has their mandatories and their own situations they have to clear before going into such a tournament, but there are some divisions that are much easier to begin with.”

Back