• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Thauvin is exciting to watch, but there is always an air of almost guaranteed failure when a player is labeled "the next xxx". Especially if that player goes to Spurs.....
I'd also much prefer Jarmolenko over Konoplyanka.

Depay in secret talks with Liverpool, flying in on a private jet. He'd be an idiot to go there, but his primary motivation is said to be money. They'll easily offer him twice as much as us.

yarmolenko is the better footballer by a considerable distance and he has 1 year left on his contract. Won't cost anywhere near £20m.

considerable distance? what makes him so much better

Depay in secret talks with Liverpool, flying in on a private jet. He'd be an idiot to go there, but his primary motivation is said to be money. They'll easily offer him twice as much as us.

i read he is in secret talks with Man Utd. There is no way Liverpool will come near what Utd offer in salary anyway

Read somewhere the other day that we were scouting a central midielder, Johannes Geis but I'd never heard of him. Looks very promising, but since I don't really follow the Bundesliga I can't say that I've ever seen him play. He's being linked heavily with Dortmund and Wolfsburg amongst others...has anybody seen him in action?

Check out this comparison with Mason, Bentaleb and Wanyama: http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2015/04/wanyama-no-thanks-geis-stats-are.html

I'll throw a name into the ring i think we should keep an eye on: Philipp Schobesberger.

Its been a while since i thought a Rapid player might be good enough for the premier league but I think this guy might be. Very fast, direct winger/forward in the mould of Sadio Mane. He's quicker than Mane; definitely in the Walker/Yedlin pace category. He's improving all the time after breaking into the Rapid side.

Scored again on the weekend against Admira with a typical finish. He really hads an ability with his pace, control and quickness of feet to beat people in tight situations and manufacture shooting chances.

Dortmind signed Kampl, Leipzig signed Sabitzer, and I'd wager that Schobesberger is better than both. I think he could be just what we need: lightning, eye for goal, good control, fearless.

You can check out his goal here: http://www.skrapid.at/195768.html?play=328121 (skip to 2:20 for the goal - although he is involved the whole way through)

Just after the goal he cuts in from the other side of the box and smashes a great effort against the bar.

These sort of goals and attacking play are pretty typical for him (recently anyway).

Just putting it out there ;)

From @scoutsattending on twitter

Scouts from THFc & Wolfsburg watched 27 year old Torino CB Kamil Glik on Sunday night

i see we are being linked with a new name for the left wing forward role.........Moses Simon, 19 year old Nigerian at Gent in Belgium

Here is a vid

Back