• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match Ratings vs Soton

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
milo submitted a new blog post

Match ratings - Southampton

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fazio 8? Interesting. I like him but don't think he was that good.

Probably agree with the rest though and demote Fazio to a 7.

We controlled the game, looked like the home side, kept the ball on the ground, nice play in general.

- Davies and Mason had a few poor moments
- Special mention to Dier, decent game and the pass for both goals ...
- Congrats to Chadli on yet another goal, perhaps people can stop calling him a failure re the Bale money brick ..
- No offense to Vorm, but I feel so much more with Hugo ..

My main comment is does Southampton really play like that every game? because if they do, they are nothing like us style wise. They played long balls in the air all fudging game to runners and a bullying CF, they sat and countered far more that I expected.

English football is regressing .. Pool, Manure, Southampton, long fudging balls over the top to pace?

edit... fudge Mane .. that diving prick .. what an annoying player

Fazio 8? Interesting. I like him but don't think he was that good.

Probably agree with the rest though and demote Fazio to a 7.

I thought he made a number of superbly timed tackles and led the line well. Pelle is a big aerial threat and I thought he coped with him really well, except possibly for their second

I thought he made a number of superbly timed tackles and led the line well. Pelle is a big aerial threat and I thought he coped with him really well, except possibly for their second

Yeah I agree with his qualities, but like you say, he was snow here near pelle for their goal, a few clumsy tackles.

Lloris.6 Was partially at fault for the goal. seemed like a miscommunication thing. I expected him to come off his line.
Davies 3 Embarrassing.
Fazio 5 too slow and for a big man he is so easily beaten in the air.
Vertonghen 6 Didn't do too much wrong, but doesn't organise the defence like a top central defender.
Dier 7 Played well, I thought. Great cross for the goal.
Mason 5 Bambi on ice, not for the first time. A bit weak on the ball too.
Bentaleb 6 Meh.
Eriksen 6 See above.
Chadli 7 Well taken goal and that was all.
Lamela 7 Fluke goal, tried hard.
Kane 6 Zero service all day.

Yeah I agree with his qualities, but like you say, he was snow here near pelle for their goal, a few clumsy tackles.

I think he often does them on purpose - the one in RB position near the end for example. They are reducers, but if you do them clumsily, you are less likely to get booked (though not in that instance). He's quite streetwise, like most latin defenders

Lloris.6 Was partially at fault for the goal. seemed like a miscommunication thing. I expected him to come off his line.
Davies 3 Embarrassing.
Vertonghen 6 Didn't do too much wrong, but doesn't organise the defence like a top central defender.
Bentaleb 6 Meh.
Eriksen 6 See above.

The pitch was horrendous. You can't blame either of them for those moments. Most players ended up on their arse when turning at somepoint - they were just unlucky to have the ball at the instant it happened to them

You are kidding aren't you? He made a terrible decision, safety first. As for Mason, I have lost count of the number of times he has fallen over when under pressure. He's a bit of a weak sister in this team. Eriksen is another.

Davies 3 Embarrassing.
Bentaleb 6 Meh.
Eriksen 6 See above.

No .. a player slipped, he passes the ball to a player under pressure, Lloris clearly tells/points for Davies to pass the ball to him left (away from goal), Davies choses not to pass and gets caught out .. no way that is on Hugo .

I think he often does them on purpose - the one in RB position near the end for example. They are reducers, but if you do them clumsily, you are less likely to get booked (though not in that instance). He's quite streetwise, like most latin defenders
Yes, because it is extremely clever to commit fouls in those areas when there is no danger on. You must be right.

Lloris 7
Dier 7,5
Fazio 6
Verts 6
Davies -1
Bentaleb 6
Mason 4,5
Eriksen 5
Lamela 7
Chadli 7
Kane 5

The pitch was horrendous. You can't blame either of them for those moments. Most players ended up on their arse when turning at somepoint - they were just unlucky to have the ball at the instant it happened to them

Interesting.... Just back to the game and thought they were putting a helluva lot of water on it. We do that at WHL but our players noticeably struggled today.

Lloris - 7 some great stops. don't think he should take the blame for the first, a keeper should dominate when he wants that sort of ball but I didn't hear a shout, so....
Davies - 3 dreadful first half but got it together better second. Learning curve
Vertonghen - 5 unlucky to get booked, restrained him
Fazio - 5 glad we had his bulk to take on Pelle but the Italian still scored twice
Dier - 7 not a right back but looked assured. Best performance I've seen from him
Mason - 6 does what it says on the tin
Bentaleb - 6 ditto and thanks for not shooting
Eriksen - 7 better second half but wish he'd had a go from the free kick
Chadli - 7 ok, better than
Lamela - 6
Kane - 6, would have been 7 if he was the number two striker

Subs
Soldado - 6
Dembele - 8 BEAST should start every game
Chirches - 6 for not being Davies

(Get well soon though Ben, you wouldn't be a true Tottenham defender without one almighty clanger to your name)

lloris - 7

dier - 8
fazio - 8
vertonghen - 7
davies - 4

lamela - 7
mason - 5
bentaleb - 8
chadli - 7

eriksen - 5
kane - 6

Back