• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Saudi Sportswashing Machine

vorm - 7

dier - 7
fazio - 7
vert - 7
rose - 7

bentaleb - 8
paulinho - 7

lamela - 6
eriksen - 7
chadli - 7
kane - 7

Pretty much bang on IMO

Lamellas was a 2 in the first and a big improvement in the second. He should have scored and did get an assist with the simplest of passes

Paulinho was ok and tidy

Bentelab was great IMO and I though the defence looked good against a very poor side

Vorm 6. Little to do, the little he did have to do he did right.

Dier 6. Defended pretty well and got forward reasonably well (although without much in the way of end product once he got up there).

Fazio 7. Solid. Great in the air and passed it well.

Vertonghen 8. A really good game. Seems to play better when paired with Fazio.

Rose 8. Defensively very good and used the ball well when going forward (although he didn't get forward quite as often as usual yesterday).

Chadli 6. A well taken goal and some moments of quality, but a lack of desire to help out Rose defensively and also lost the ball more than most of our players including some poor play for their equaliser.

Paulinho 8. Man of the Match for me yesterday. Positionally sound, supported the defence, but also our attack when we got forward. He used the ball really well and won us possession on a number of occasions, including great work for our first goal.

Benteleb 8. Seemed to move further forward into Mason's usual role and did very well. Good energy, lots of quality, a great ball into Lamela that should've been a goal, would've been a 9 and MoM performance other than him needlessly giving the ball away in dangerous positions a couple of times.

Erikson 7. Tidy performance with good energy off of the ball and he seemed to keep us ticking over in the way that Modric used to.

Lamela 4. Probaby the worst first half performance I have seen from a player this season, I think he gave the ball away needlessly 8 times in just the first 20 minutes. Ran around a lot but didn't actually make a tackle, also seemed to struggle to know which of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players he was supposed to be defending against when they had the ball, so he instead seemed to just charge around running towards whichever one of them had the ball on our right hand side of the pitch. Second half was a little better in that he stopped needlessly giving the ball away, it also looked like Saudi Sportswashing Machine's formation changed in the second half with Anita dropping deeper and Ameobi staying high up the pitch but pulling out to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's left in the second half which resulted in Lamela not really having any pressure on him when he got the ball in the second half unlike the situation in the first half. Should've scored when Bentaleb put it on a plate for him with a great ball, takes his score up from 2 to 4 with his assist for Kane (although it looked to me as though he even almost messed that up by dwelling too long).

Kane 7. Held the ball up well, took his goal well, got in some good positions. A little greedy on a couple of occasions, but I don't really ever mind saying that about my number 9.

Poch 7. A pretty good selection overall. Chiriches nowhere near the team which is always a good start. Mason given a rest after looking like he had run out of steam a bit recently, Bentaleb pushed forward a little with Paulinho doing a great job sitting a little deeper. VERY surprised that Lamela wasn't hooked at half time (or even before, although I guess that would've destroyed his confidence)

Last edited:
Vorm 6. Little to do, the little he did have to do he did right.

Dier 6. Defended pretty well and got forward reasonably well (although without much in the way of end product once he got up there).

Fazio 7. Solid. Great in the air and passed it well.

Vertonghen 8. A really good game. Seems to play better when paired with Fazio.

Rose 8. Defensively very good and used the ball well when going forward (although he didn't get forward quite as often as usual yesterday).

Chadli 6. A well taken goal and some moments of quality, but a lack of desire to help out Rose defensively and also lost the ball more than most of our players including some poor play for their equaliser.

Paulinho 8. Man of the Match for me yesterday. Positionally sound, supported the defence, but also our attack when we got forward. He used the ball really well and won us possession on a number of occasions, including great work for our first goal.

Benteleb 8. Seemed to move further forward into Mason's usual role and did very well. Good energy, lots of quality, a great ball into Lamela that should've been a goal, would've been a 9 and MoM performance other than him needlessly giving the ball away in dangerous positions a couple of times.

Erikson 7. Tidy performance with good energy off of the ball and he seemed to keep us ticking over in the way that Modric used to.

Lamela 4. Probaby the worst first half performance I have seen from a player this season, I think he gave the ball away needlessly 8 times in just the first 20 minutes. Ran around a lot but didn't actually make a tackle, also seemed to struggle to know which of Saudi Sportswashing Machine's players he was supposed to be defending against when they had the ball, so he instead seemed to just charge around running towards whichever one of them had the ball on our right hand side of the pitch. Second half was a little better in that he stopped needlessly giving the ball away, it also looked like Saudi Sportswashing Machine's formation changed in the second half with Anita dropping deeper and Ameobi staying high up the pitch but pulling out to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's left in the second half which resulted in Lamela not really having any pressure on him when he got the ball in the second half unlike the situation in the first half. Should've scored when Bentaleb put it on a plate for him with a great ball, takes his score up from 2 to 4 with his assist for Kane (although it looked to me as though he even almost messed that up by dwelling too long).

Kane 7. Held the ball up well, took his goal well, got in some good positions. A little greedy on a couple of occasions, but I don't really ever mind saying that about my number 9.

Poch 7. A pretty good selection overall. Chiriches nowhere near the team which is always a good start. Mason given a rest after looking like he had run out of steam a bit recently, Bentaleb pushed forward a little with Paulinho doing a great job sitting a little deeper. VERY surprised that Lamela wasn't hooked at half time (or even before, although I guess that would've destroyed his confidence)

Agree with most .. might be a touch high in the ratings, I feel we were a gear lower than we could/should be for most of the match.

Paulinho was a lot better than I expected, not sure I would go as far as man of the match.

Vert/Fazio is not without mistakes, but does seem to work better as a pairing

Dembele was actually useful when he came on, really would like to see if what would happen if we played Dembele right instead of Townsend/Lamela

chadli 7good goal not much else

Apart from getting caught in possession for their first goal. This seems to happen a lot to us in our own half; I suppose it happens to all teams but I don't notice it so much.

Some good English swearing from Chadders as well, when he was bundled over near the half-way line!

Back