• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Aston Villa

Mulletperm

Milija Aleksic
milo submitted a new blog post

Match ratings - Aston Villa

Balls
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
7 - Rose
6 - Chadli, Vorm, Mason, Bentaleb, Dier
5 - Chiriches, Fazio, Towsend, Kane
4 - Eriksen

Bl***y hell GB. For f***** once be objective. Mason gets a 6? He was total and abject crap! Taken to the cleaner by the Villa midfield.

No creativity, misplaced passes galore and no protection to the back.

If you simply could not see that, then I despair ...

Vorm - 6.5. Swept up well, could do nothing about the goal, made some good saves.

Chiriches - 6. Did his job well, didn't look out of place on the right, bombed down the pitch with surprising enthusiasm.
Fazio - 6. Did okay. I think the Benteke goal wasn't really his fault alone, though - more a combination of his surprise at having to make up ground on the advancing Benteke and Dier being drawn towards the ball leaving Benteke unmarked.
Dier - 6. See above.
Rose - 6.5. Best defender, again. Bombed down the left, showed some passion.

Bentaleb - 5.5. Sub-par. Gave the ball away quite a few times, looked laboured and somewhat slow off the ball.
Mason - 5. Mostly anonymous.

Townsend - 2.5 Christ.
Chadli - 3.5. Woeful, save for one good dummy that freed him up down the flank - and that dummy ended up with him just crashing his cross into the nearest defender anyway.
Eriksen - 4. Woeful Mark 2.

Kane - 5.5 Best of a bad bunch up front.

Subs -

Soldado - 5. Anonymous.
Lamela - N/A. Play him over Townsend.
Yedlin - 10. What a debut, what a lad. :p

Bl***y hell GB. For f***** once be objective. Mason gets a 6? He was total and abject crap! Taken to the cleaner by the Villa midfield.

No creativity, misplaced passes galore and no protection to the back.

If you simply could not see that, then I despair ...

He was solid enough - 6 is a mediocre score; Rose was the only player at par. Eriksen was the one who was AWOL and needed to be supporting Mason and Bentaleb much more.

Villa didn't come through the midfield either - it was long balls bypassing it that caused us trouble

I would play Winks and Stambouli in CM in the next game though, as Masaleb are popped.

wish we kept avb. poch does not seem to care.
ratings
vorm8 great save to keep it at 1 0
chriches 6
fazio6 first start in ages so i wont be too harsh on him
dier. time to drop him.
danny rose 8 our best player again today
bentlelb 3 our worst player. kept given the ball away
mason 4 not much better either
chadli 3 GHod i hate this player. hes so greedy
andros.5 i wish he would start on the left.
erikson 6 tried but nothing came off
kane 4 so greeedy today

soldado 5

other subs came too late to rate. 78 mins lol to bring lamela on

Vorm - 6

Chiriches - 4
Fazio - 3
Dier - 5
Rose - 6

Mason - 4
Bentaleb - 4

Townsend - 4
Chadli - 4
Eriksen - 4

Kane - 5

Subs:
Lamela - 4
Soldado - 5
Yedlin - 5

Poch - 1

:(

Cant be arsed to mark them individually this time. Like the team i think the season is over.

Poch - 5 - Some poor choices.
Team - 4 - No passion.
MOM - Rose ( let down by the rest )

Next week I would like to see us play some of the other players. Champions league is gone. Europa is almost certain. lets play the other guys. Give Yedlin a game, get Lamela back in the side. Give Stambouli another game for Mason who needs a rest.

Next game I'd play...

..................................Vorm..............................
Yedlin..........Fazio.....................Vert............Rose
.................Stambouli............Dembele................
Lamela......................Eriksen.................Townsend
.........................Kane......................................

Next game I'd play...

.................Stambouli............Dembele................
Lamela......................Eriksen.................Townsend

For me:

.................Stambouli............Winks...................
Lamela......................Onomah.................Chadli

All Mason, Bentaleb and Eriksen need at least a fortnight off

For me:

Can we extend that fortnight by six months in Mason's case please?

Rose has to be the player of the season for me, he has been the only one at a good level all season. Even when we play badly Rose always seems to be the one player still putting in a performance of note....

Glad I couldnt watch today! Season over, time to now think forward to next season. Done bother putting peope like Paulinho on the bench, give someone like Onomah a go

Rose has to be the player of the season for me, he has been the only one at a good level all season. Even when we play badly Rose always seems to be the one player still putting in a performance of note....
I can't believe I posted this, completely forgot about Harry Kane! But he deserves a lot of credit for his consistency this season, just not that accolade...

For me:

Seriously get a grip......who in their right mind is going to give a player a fortnight off with 7 weeks to go?
Its nothing to do with tiredness, they aint good enough! Eriksen is having his usual few weeks off during a season, which is why he doesnt get chased by the top clubs.

Reactions: DTA
Seriously get a grip......who in their right mind is going to give a player a fortnight off with 7 weeks to go?
Its nothing to do with tiredness, they aint good enough! Eriksen is having his usual few weeks off during a season, which is why he doesnt get chased by the top clubs.

Because you've got to play the longer game. Why risk burn-out or injury of our brightest young players?

Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen and, to a lesser extent, Kane are clearly exhausted at the moment.

This is their first full senior season (apart from Eriksen), and they've been playing 2 games a week solidly for 5.5 months, and had international commitments (2 England debuts and an ACN).

They just need to come out of the firing line for a bit for the sake of next season and the next 4-5

Because you've got to play the longer game. Why risk burn-out or injury of our brightest young players?

Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen and, to a lesser extent, Kane are clearly exhausted at the moment.

This is their first full senior season (apart from Eriksen), and they've been playing 2 games a week solidly for 5.5 months, and had international commitments (2 England debuts and an ACN).

They just need to come out of the firing line for a bit for the sake of next season and the next 4-5

Bless their little cotton socks, i think you are making excuses for them. The dross thats been served up since the Arsenal game cant all be attributed to tiredness.

Back