• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley F.C. *** OMT

Amor

Nicola Berti
8 hours until kickoff and no thread? Dont worry America will save the day for a third time straight.

Vorm

Walker---Dier---Vertonghen---Rose

Bentaleb---Mason

Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli

Kane

Burnley: Danny Ings and 10 other guys I dont feel like googling.

3-1
Kane, Chadli brace
Ings

Queue the " This OMT sucks" posts.

I went to Turf Moor the match after THAT night at Emirates Marketing Project...I saw the widest, shortest, fattest woman I have ever had the misfortune to witness lurking in a pub entranceway (double doors). Pudding bowl hair, steel grey, and when it smiled there were perhaps 6 teeth. Unbelievable sight. I wondered if I'd stumbled upon a secret Star Wars set and this was the new Jabba. oh, and there was rust in The Colin Fishwick Stand which I suspect had survived the war. One of those places for us. We need to show we do not crumple in such rusting archaic time-zones. BTW, it's a cracking day out if you do go...

BTW, this whole 'double thread' thing or whatever, it has guaranteed we will win.

We always tend to struggle after long breaks. So, can see us struggle in this match. Also, just realised that we have a shyte record at Burnley. It must be due to our intense rivalry with Burney in the 1960s. Since 1960, we have played at Burnley 22 times, winning 3, drawing 9 and losing 10 in all competitions. The last time we played at Burnley in the league was in 2010 when we lost 2-4 even with Bale and Modric scoring. We also only drew 1-1 when we played them in the FA Cup earlier in the season. So, no doubt, this is going to be a very difficult match.

After the 4-3 circus win over Leicester last time, not sure which Spurs will turn up for this match. Ofcourse, all the attention will be on Kane who scored the hattrick in that match. It is really amazing that Kane has scored 29 goals in total, 19 in the league. Hope Kane can continue his goal run and go beyond the 30 goal mark. After his hattrick against Burnley and debut goal for England, will be disappointed if Kane doesn't score in this match. Apart from Kane, we are badly lacking goals from other players. Eriksen was having such a great goal scoring run earlier in the season. But disappointingly, Eriksen has not scored in 10 matches or so now. Wish we can get Eriksen score in this match, especcially from his trademark freekicks.

Pochettino better make positive changes in midfield. Will be very annoyed if he keeps the same Mason-Bentaleb combination which get outplayed by all the teams. Surely, we need to have more experienced and combative midfield. To do that, we need to bring on Dembele and Stambouli in midfield. Not sure why we bought Stambouli if we don't want to play him. Dembele has proven many times that he can be very useful if he is given a chance. Also, want to see Chadli and Lamela start in midfield as well. Lamela had a great game against Burnley earlier in the season, scoring a wonder goal. So, it is only logic to start him in this match. Afterall, he has not played much recently.

After conceding 9 goals in our last 4 matches, surely Pochettino need to make changes in defence as well. We have been conceding goals non-stop ever since Dier become a regular in defence. In fact, the last time we kept a clean sheet was when Vertonghen-Fazio played together. So, want to see those 2 start in this match. I think Dier is still not ready to be a regular in defence as he makes too many errors. Wish Lloris is fit for this match. Still not fully convinced of Vorm in goal. With our error-pronce defence, can see Vorm getting tested many times in this match. Wish we can keep a clean sheet somehow !

We only have a slim chance to finish in top 4 now. But we should be trying to win all our remaining 8 matches. And we really should be beating teams like Burnley home or away. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get that win !

Everybody dance now!

Find it surprising that the OMT is not getting as excited as usual for this match. Hope the players will have the better mentality for this match. Want us to put up a good match and get a comfortable win by keeping a clean sheet for once !

Last edited:
rubbish thread, day of the match and less than 10 posts, thread not even stickied, clearly the fans dont give a fcuk, players probably given up on any CL hopes after yesterdays results..............all points to a Burnley win, and a big one it will be

Burnley 10 - 2 Tottenham

GG seems strangely apathetic about this game. Suspect that's because most have already abandoned hope of reaching the top four and the prospect of a trip up north to a relegation struggler that's bound to go after us like a tankful of demented piranhas doesn't exactly appeal.

What I posted in the other thread:
Let's not get too excited, they've drawn with Chelsea and beaten City in recent weeks.

History also has a habit of playing it's part in these fixtures. Burnley have a very decent record against us at Turf Moor, we've only won there eight times in 51 visits (all comps).

With no Lloris to rescue our generally porous defence I'd say a draw will be perfectly acceptable.

I'm excited just because unlike usual I have a sunday where I can actually watch the game.

Top four maybe slipping away but I just want to a see a good performance.

Tottenham have scored 26 Premier League goals in 2015, more than any other team prior to the weekend.

THFC team: Vorm, Walker, Chiriches, Dier, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Paulinho; Kane (c)

Oh dear

THFC subs: Friedel, Davies, Dembele, Lamela, Stambouli, Townsend, Soldado

Back