• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I expect the deal might let us demolish their smaller outlying building nearer the High Road sooner. These are where the new west stand will be, so we need to start digging there sooner. The main Archway building is only going to be the centre circle, so we can work around that for quite a long time. Just a theory.

This is close to my thinking. Certainty is important. If we can start the building for the areas covering the stands, the presence of the central Archway building is unimportant.

There is also the PR aspect. Preparing the site next to Archway property before they are forced to move out looks like bullying (there also might be restrictions). Now there is a deal, we can start the necessary development in the priority areas. If it gives them more time to move, everyone gains.

In return for silence?? Just wondering whether they have some dirt on us we'd rather they kept mum about.

What, dirt that Archway have found out from their london wide network of former KGB operatives. ;) They're only a metalworks business, I don't think they'd know more than anyone else.

I would think that it is more likely that the council did not want to push it to the minimum notice period.

Why not. I don't see any advantage to being all nicey, nice with them. Like unless has been suggested, the club has been in cahoots delaying on purpose.

Why not. I don't see any advantage to being all nicey, nice with them. Like unless has been suggested, the club has been in cahoots delaying on purpose.

You don't see any advantage...

Despite how in this thread, on this page, people have suggested the potential advantage that getting to start construction where the smaller buildings are quicker that could be a significant advantage for us whilst leaving the main Archway building up a bit longer would perhaps carry no cost for us.

Yeah. Much more likely that a conspiracy theory is correct...

The CPO is issued by the council not us. Maybe they do not think that there is much to be gained in evicting a local business in the shortest possible period and have encouraged us to find a compromise.

Instead of waiting for the CPO process we've done the deal now to get it out of the way. We'll just build other parts of the stadium in the next few months.

[QUOTE="Flannerz, post: 684396, member: 613"]Instead of waiting for the CPO process we've done the deal now to get it out of the way. We'll just build other parts of the stadium in the next few months.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I think that sentence is 10 years out of date.

Sorry, I think that sentence is 10 years out of date.
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Of course. People will always think up new conspiracy theories on the fly and go with them instead...

Its not about conspiracy theories, its about people who simply don't trust the people in charge.. and therefore cannot now be trusted to not be upto any good.

Its not about conspiracy theories, its about people who simply don't trust the people in charge.. and therefore cannot now be trusted to not be upto any good.

I take it they are the "fans" who have been saying that it will never be built.

The club being in cahoots with Archway is not a conspiracy theory?

You said yourself on this page of this thread that if the outbuildings started coming down you would agree. That actually happens, now you jump back to how those in charge can't be trusted so... insert new conspiracy theory at any suitable point in time.

Like I said, think up a new conspiracy theory on the fly, go with that. Rinse and repeat.

Back