• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Leicester City

Vorm 5 Couldn't really do too much about the goals.
Walker 4 Back to his crap best.
Vertonghen 3 Gutless!
Dier 5 Just okay.
Rose 8 everything the other three were not.
Townsend 4 please, can we just end this now. He was trapping the ball and it turned into passes.
Mason 6 Tried hard, passing was poor.
Bentaleb 4 Poor, lazy and undisciplined. Should have been sent off.
Chadli 5 Got into some good postions, but lazy today.
Eriksen 7 Busy today.
Kane 8 Hat trick.

Subs Paulinho 7 Thought he did well, great pass for Eriksen.

For me ratings of 9 and 10 are 'world class' displays. Kane scored 3 goals yes, but his overall play was ok. And let's be honest one goal was a massive deflection, which was actually looking to go wide another was a tap-in and the other a penalty.

I'm not taking anything away from him, because they still need scoring. But I think 7 is a fair score really, with 6 being average.

vorm 6 no goals hes fault but never looked confident
walker 4 got ruined by a team bottom of the prem
dier 5 very poor again
verts5 minus point for bottling that header that led to the 3rd goal
rose 8 best defender today. he won so many headers too
benteleb 6 poor first half but got better
andros 6 did not do much
mason 7 was everywhere
erickson 9 differnt class
chadli 6 he tried but everything he tried did not come off
super kane 10 goal machine

subs
paullino 8 he help change the game
dembele n/a came on too late

i think we need to drop either dier or verts because they both like to play the ball out.
we need a proper defender alongside one of them and its a shame we got rid of naughton hes
kept another clean sheet away
from home

you know what they say about starting a sentence "with all due respect" ;)

again, i disagree, goals can cover a multitude of sins, the most important thing in football is space, and knowing how to use it, goals are a byproduct of exploiting space
Oh dear sorry gale force that last paragraph just seems silly to me. GOALS not space wins you matches. You could create all the space in the world and fail to score in which case you will not win, Arsenal used to be great at that.

Irrelevant
And seeing that he is are only striker and main goal scoring outlet scoring 3 goals is pretty important. I rate players on how much their contribution affects the game and ultimately the result. Without Harry Kane's goals we would not have won so for me he must be at least a 9

Vorm -5- He's indecisive and doesn't command his area well.

Walker -4- Was caught wrong side of his man far too often, did well with the pullback for the 2nd goal and made one match winning tackle. I just can't give him more for the mistakes he made and the fact we conceded 3 goals.
Dier -4- He and Vertonghen really don't look good together at the moment. They don't seem to communicate well.
Verts -4- See above
Rose -6- Arguably one of our best players but again suspicious defensively. He did well with Nugent for most of the game but once again 3 goals conceded keeps the rating low.

Bentaleb -5- Poor today. Started well enough, but got caught out a couple of times. This time last year he was rested, perhaps it is simply the season catching up with him.
Mason -5- Overrun alongside Bentaleb. He made some good forward runs and his passing was crisp although his through balls were often cut out.

Townsend -3- Pretty poor. He seems a yard off the pace at times and his man constantly ran off him or got around him to the forward passes. A lot of our play works with Bentaleb and Mason bouncing passes off of the AM's before passing it into space. Townsend often retains the ball and turns and runs or doesn't get to it. Schlupp (IIRC) got there first a lot.
Chaldi -2- Mainly gets points for staying on the pitch. He was very, very poor. Two sitters missed and could've gone for a second yellow when he got caught out back on the edge of our box and held his man. Can't see him starting the next game after today. Actually did well for the fourth goal though.
Eriksen -6- Maybe a little low, but nothing seemed to come off for him today. He was often outmuscled in the middle and got lucky with the fourth goal.

Kane -9- Hat trick, albeit fortunate. He's looking razor sharp at the moment and long may it continue.

Subs
-----------
Paulinho -7- Should've had two assists. Got stuck in and as someone else said, looked like the player we thought we had purchased. At the time I questionned the sub, but it turned out to be the right one.

Poch -6- The system isn't working, but fair play for making the changes and changing our shape. Don't think he could be blamed for either their 2nd or 3rd goal as they were from individual errors.

And seeing that he is are only striker and main goal scoring outlet scoring 3 goals is pretty important. I rate players on how much their contribution affects the game and ultimately the result. Without Harry Kane's goals we would not have won so for me he must be at least a 9

lets look at this from another angle, say Verts had the hat trick today, in the right place for the first two, took the pen as he was on a HT, other than that his performance was the one we saw, would he then have warranted a rating of 9?

lets look at this from another angle, say Verts had the hat trick today, in the right place for the first two, took the pen as he was on a HT, other than that his performance was the one we saw, would he then have warranted a rating of 9?

Mate, you are being a WUM

Verts job = defend, hence if he fudged up all game and kept a clean sheet = better score
Kane job = score goals, he could scratch his nuts for 85 minutes, if he scored a hatrick = better score

You think Soldado wouldn't give his first born for a game like Kane had today?

Vorm - 4

Walker - 3
Dier - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 7

Bentaleb - 6
Mason - 6

Townsend - 4
Eriksen - 7
Chadli - 4

Kane - 8

Subs:
Paulinho - 7
Dembele - n/a

Poch - 5

I can see why Poch wanted to give the boys another chance after the performance against United. We played well in Leicesters half, pathetic in own half. Rose by far better then the other defenders. Townsend and Chadli (missed two sitters, the first when we were 2-0 up) not good at all, Harry - even when he clearly is out of form - is still scoring goals. You can't have a better quality as a striker than that.
I liked Paulies assist to Eriksen, showed good vision and it was timed very nicely.

milo submitted a new blog post

Match ratings - Leicester City

We've got our Spurs back ;)
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mate, you are being a WUM

Verts job = defend, hence if he fudgeed up all game and kept a clean sheet = better score
Kane job = score goals, he could scratch his nuts for 85 minutes, if he scored a hatrick = better score

You think Soldado wouldn't give his first born for a game like Kane had today?

So even if a player in a defensive position, or keeper presumably, had a shocker, but we managed to get away with it through profligate finishing or blind luck they would still warrant a high score for the clean sheet?

It's not a wind up, I don't believe those definite roles exist in the modern game, everyone attacks, everyone defends. Everyone has a job to do for the entire time they are on the pitch and in every single situation they have an assignment.

Soldado, of course he would, what's that got to do with it anything? Kane should be delighted with his days work, but he's had better games where he's not got on the scoresheet imo.

Last edited:
If Kane had have missed that tap and the penalty and not got the piece of luck with deflection what would he ones giving him 9 be rating him?

If Kane had have missed that tap and the penalty and not got the piece of luck with deflection what would he ones giving him 9 be rating him?
6 perhaps, maybe even 5, as missing a penalty is not great. Would have depended on the scoreline, though, and how costly the miss was.

But what kind of thing is that to say? It's like saying that if Kane hadn't scored any of the 29 goals he has scored this season, he would have had a poor season. Or that if Ronaldo hadn't scored as many goals as he scores, he wouldn't have been so highly rated. Or that if Hugo Lloris was making bad mistakes on a regular basis rather than world class saves, he would have been a pretty poor goalkeeper.

Obviously, if someone did a poor job rather than a good job, he would be less highly rated. But you have to rate someone by what they do, not by how you would have rated them if they hadn't done what they did. You can't say that someone would have been a pretty rubbish player, if you only take away all the good things he does. It's a bizarre argument.

To give a player a 7 when he has scored 3 goals an won us the match, is beyond stupid .

This is not a matter of opinion, it's just wrong . Simple as that .

He may not have had the best game, but he is still a striker and scored 3 goals. Either some people on here are trolling, or they don't have any grasp at all of football and ratings .

Lloris -
Walker 4
Dier 5
Vertonghen 5
Rose 7
Townsend 3
Mason 5
Bentaleb 5
Chadli 3
Eriksen 6
Kane 8

Vorm 5
Paulinho 6
Dembele -

Vorm -5- He's indecisive and doesn't command his area well.

Walker -4- Was caught wrong side of his man far too often, did well with the pullback for the 2nd goal and made one match winning tackle. I just can't give him more for the mistakes he made and the fact we conceded 3 goals.
Dier -4- He and Vertonghen really don't look good together at the moment. They don't seem to communicate well.
Verts -4- See above
Rose -6- Arguably one of our best players but again suspicious defensively. He did well with Nugent for most of the game but once again 3 goals conceded keeps the rating low.

Bentaleb -5- Poor today. Started well enough, but got caught out a couple of times. This time last year he was rested, perhaps it is simply the season catching up with him.
Mason -5- Overrun alongside Bentaleb. He made some good forward runs and his passing was crisp although his through balls were often cut out.

Townsend -3- Pretty poor. He seems a yard off the pace at times and his man constantly ran off him or got around him to the forward passes. A lot of our play works with Bentaleb and Mason bouncing passes off of the AM's before passing it into space. Townsend often retains the ball and turns and runs or doesn't get to it. Schlupp (IIRC) got there first a lot.
Chaldi -2- Mainly gets points for staying on the pitch. He was very, very poor. Two sitters missed and could've gone for a second yellow when he got caught out back on the edge of our box and held his man. Can't see him starting the next game after today. Actually did well for the fourth goal though.
Eriksen -6- Maybe a little low, but nothing seemed to come off for him today. He was often outmuscled in the middle and got lucky with the fourth goal.

Kane -9- Hat trick, albeit fortunate. He's looking razor sharp at the moment and long may it continue.

Subs
-----------
Paulinho -7- Should've had two assists. Got stuck in and as someone else said, looked like the player we thought we had purchased. At the time I questionned the sub, but it turned out to be the right one.

Poch -6- The system isn't working, but fair play for making the changes and changing our shape. Don't think he could be blamed for either their 2nd or 3rd goal as they were from individual errors.

Just don't understand why some people rate Townsend highly. He always seems to go missing in matches, even against shyte teams. And he was missing for almost the entire match against Leicester. Even my 8 year old nephew made fun of Townsend, saying he might have fell inside a hole !

Chadli seems to be marked down for missing those 2 sitters but for me his dive was so much worse. No contact whatsoever and just truly embarrassing.

Back