• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane seems to enjoy scoring more in away matches. He has scored 10 goals in away matches but only 6 at home. He has also scored in his last 6 consecutive away matches now. Arsenal's RVP holds the record for scoring in 9 away matches. If Kane can score against ManU next week, I think he can go on to match or even better that record.

Amazingly, Kane has scored 10 goals in only 11 away matches in the league this season. In fact, he has scored in 8 of the 11 away matches he has played in the league. In contrast, he has only scored in 4 of the 13 home matches. The only 3 away matches he has not scored in the league was against Chelsea, Sunderland when he came on in the 78th minute and West Ham when he came on in the 82nd minute.

His turning point seems to be the Villa game when he came on as the sub and scored our winner with the freekick in the last min. He has scored in all the away matches since then, except against Chelsea. For some reason, Kane looks very lethal in away matches.

Last edited:
Kane seems to enjoy scoring more in away matches. He has scored 10 goals in away matches but only 6 at home. He has also scored in his last 6 consecutive away matches now. Arsenal's RVP holds the record for scoring in 9 away matches. If Kane can score against ManU next week, I think he can go on to match or even better that record.

Amazingly, Kane has scored 10 goals in only 11 away matches in the league this season. In fact, he has scored in 8 of the 11 away matches he has played in the league. In contrast, he has only scored in 4 of the 13 home matches. The only 3 away matches he has not scored in the league was against Chelsea, Sunderland when he came on in the 78th minute and West Ham when he came on in the 82nd minute.

His turning point seems to be the Villa game when he came on as the sub and scored our winner with the freekick in the last min. He has scored in all the away matches since then, except against Chelsea. For some reason, Kane looks very lethal in away matches.

the issues with that is that in home games he played more with soldado than he has away

B_mK-nKWcAATGFD.jpg

I know every team in the world relies on at least one player to an extent, but we would more than likely be in the bottom half without Kane's goals. My biggest fear is that he will be a one season wonder, but I think he's got enough about him to prove that won't be the case.

Enjoyed watching a good ol' fashioned Match of the Day - no panel, presenter at the game, one match, extended highlights. Much was made of the "Charlie Austin v Harry Kane" battle and I found it hilarious how Phil "Second Best Full Back In The Family" Neville thought that "just shaded it because of his two goals"!

However, it did make me think we need to be in for Austin big time this summer. He's now got a proven Premier League record with a poor team, and could fly with real service. Plus there could be a brilliant England partnership brewing with Kane, helps both if they are playing week in, week out.

On the other hand, if they are deemed too similar - and maybe the way forward for us is to have Kane as the only forward - then he is an excellent understudy. We will have a problem this summer in that we need to bring in at least one forward and lose at least one of Soldado/Adebayor, but if we are going to build our first XI around one forward only then few quality players are going to sit on the bench. The best understudy for Harry Kane is Harry Kane, a young English striker on his way up. But since there are contractual issues with this, then I think we need to look for as best fit as we can.... Charlie Austin, Jordan Rhodes. Even an older player like Ricky Lambert. But it's a limited pool and I'd like us to have a punt on Austin.

So, he can smash it in from 30 yards, head it, power it in from inside the box, tap it in, place it and now dribble round the goalkeeper.

Is there anything this boy can't do?

Kane has also scored an own goal, away at Sunderland earlier in the season. We were leading 2-1, Kane came on and deflected the ball into our own net and we lost 2 valuable points. My nephews and I were so annoyed that we called him a donkey then. But it is amazing how he has transformed from a "donkey" into a goal machine now !

Apart from that, I think Kane will regret not scoring in the Cup final. Hope he will do that next season.

says it all doesn't it? Kane never once thought about passing even motioned to chadli to lay off where as asshat bobby didn't even look to take a shot on

I don't think that's the case, would be pretty poor from Kane if so. 2 against 1 against the goalie and never even thinking about passing would be pretty poor.

He was decisive though and chose the option that perhaps wouldn't be available to him if Chadli wasn't also available for the pass. The goalkeeper almost certainly adjusted a bit because they were two players there, Kane thought that was the better option and took it.

i think he thought chadli was offside

In the initial situation almost certainly. Or rather, he was more confident about himself being onside than Chadli, so he waved him away to make sure he didn't touch it in case he was offside.

However, it did make me think we need to be in for Austin big time this summer. He's now got a proven Premier League record with a poor team, and could fly with real service. Plus there could be a brilliant England partnership brewing with Kane, helps both if they are playing week in, week out.

On the other hand, if they are deemed too similar - and maybe the way forward for us is to have Kane as the only forward - then he is an excellent understudy. We will have a problem this summer in that we need to bring in at least one forward and lose at least one of Soldado/Adebayor, but if we are going to build our first XI around one forward only then few quality players are going to sit on the bench. The best understudy for Harry Kane is Harry Kane, a young English striker on his way up. But since there are contractual issues with this, then I think we need to look for as best fit as we can.... Charlie Austin, Jordan Rhodes. Even an older player like Ricky Lambert. But it's a limited pool and I'd like us to have a punt on Austin.

Can't claim to have watched a ton of QPR games, Austin for me is a poacher (with a goof work ethic), nothing like Kane (who is a much more rounded striker).

Bent & especially Soldado hopefully has taught us, we don't work well with poachers.

What Kane needs is a right sided Chadli (RW who scores) or someone alongside him with lots of pace through middle, that can bring the one threat Kane doesn't have.

I know every team in the world relies on at least one player to an extent, but we would more than likely be in the bottom half without Kane's goals. My biggest fear is that he will be a one season wonder, but I think he's got enough about him to prove that won't be the case.

Except it isn't just Kane, extremely unfair to Eriksen/Lloris/Bentaleb and even Chadli to say Spurs would be bottom half minus only Kane.

Our midfield (Eriksen/Chadli) has contributed heavily.

The point I agree on is as strikers go, we are too dependent, if Bobby/Ade had got 10 goals this season, it would have helped a lot .

I was more in the "One Season" rather than the messiah group until this weekend. 2 things changed it

1. Shouting Chadli away, Chadli listening and at no point looking like he would miss - Remember seeing a few 1-1 when he was on loan at norwich and didnt seem he knew what to do
2. The pass to put Walker in when eriksen had effort cleared off line,

You can be streaky like defoe by hanging around the backline and putting your foot through the ball, however the vision he seems to have is a level above.

I was more in the "One Season" rather than the messiah group until this weekend. 2 things changed it

1. Shouting Chadli away, Chadli listening and at no point looking like he would miss - Remember seeing a few 1-1 when he was on loan at norwich and didnt seem he knew what to do
2. The pass to put Walker in when eriksen had effort cleared off line,

You can be streaky like defoe by hanging around the backline and putting your foot through the ball, however the vision he seems to have is a level above.

It could still happen (1 season) but its difficult to see because

- He doesn't rely on pace (injuries destroy young pacey strikers quickly)
- He scores with head, either foot, shoots and close range goals
- some of his runs, some his passes show obvious football intelligence
- He stays involved in games, even when he doesn't score, it doesn't feel like the rest of side is carrying him until he scores (ala JD)

He will have a point where he has a drought of some type, that will test his character, and Poch will need to manage that.

Except it isn't just Kane, extremely unfair to Eriksen/Lloris/Bentaleb and even Chadli to say Spurs would be bottom half minus only Kane.

Our midfield (Eriksen/Chadli) has contributed heavily.

The point I agree on is as strikers go, we are too dependent, if Bobby/Ade had got 10 goals this season, it would have helped a lot .

I didn't mean to do the midfield a disservice, but without Kane's goals, we would be in the bottom half.

I wonder why are Crouch and Bent missing from this table.

Peter Crouch scored 12 goals in 73 Premier League appearances, giving him a strike-rate of a goal for every 6.08 games played.

The table I posted only included players with a rate under 4.

Back