• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Can someone explain to me how he 'goes missing'?
He's on the ball more than any other player.

I think people are expecting long range goals from him all the time or something.
Same as when Bale was playing for us. If he didnt score he 'went missing' and got 5 and 6 ratings and abuse.

I think people are expecting long range goals from him all the time or something.
Same as when Bale was playing for us. If he didnt score he 'went missing' and got 5 and 6 ratings and abuse.

I agree. I don't think he's world class, but him and Kane are the closest we have to world class outfield players.

I thought he was better when drafted to cm, bfs ballsed subs also swung the momentum our way.

But yeah, I feel post Bramall Lane he has been too quiet and out on the left does not offer the full back protection and does not get involved enough....maybe I am wrong or maybe I am frustrated because I really rate him and think he should be effecting even more games for us than he already has.

I thought he was better when drafted to cm, bfs ballsed subs also swung the momentum our way.

But yeah, I feel post Bramall Lane he has been too quiet and out on the left does not offer the full back protection and does not get involved enough....maybe I am wrong or maybe I am frustrated because I really rate him and think he should be effecting even more games for us than he already has.

I can agree to a point, but I'm more annoyed with the rest of the team to be honest. Eriksen, Kane and Chadi have been the one carrying us in terms of goals, the rest of the squad need to step up;

Dembele - 1 goal
Lamela - 1 goal
Townsend - 1 goal
Lennon - Doesn't score

Mason and Bentaleb aren't the goal scoring types, but just a couple of goals each from them a season would be nice. Also think we don't score enough from set pieces (Fazio, Vertonghen I'm looking at you).

I perfer Eriksen in the middle.
Eriksen offers more protection than Chadli though. Chadli and Rose on the same flank is very vulnerable. Chadli's form has also dropped off. There's a real question over who to play on the left.

Also rather poor against Arsenal and Liverpool. But you'll get people saying keep him in the team because we can carry him being average if it means a 90th minute goal here and there.

and too right......we are not exactly blessed with matchwinners are we. He is one who can score vital goals or make important assists

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/560598/Christian-Eriksen-Frank-De-Boer-Tottenham

Not sure it's worth reading into this or not. For all we know the quotes could have been taken and rehashed into something that looks like a proper interview with Eriksen. I'm not sure if Eriksen is saying that he's unhappy at not playing a part in creating chances for us because of his current role, or if he's saying that he's happy with the number of goals he's getting. Almost like a double edged sword.

and too right......we are not exactly blessed with matchwinners are we. He is one who can score vital goals or make important assists

Agreed. He's quite obviously going to stay in the team even if his goals to games ratio drops a bit.

But he also has the talent to do more I think. With his touch, passing ability, awareness and close control I think it's fair to at least hope that he starts influencing games a bit more.

Sincerely hope that Eriksen stays around for a long time to come. Love him on the ball, great feet, passing and the guy can grab a goal from nothing. Without him and Kane this season would be a bust, there is no way we would be fighting for champions league! We would be fighting to stay outta the relegation zone.

I just worry when our players stand out a certain Spanish club will come a' calling

I thought Madrid went for the hyped up players rather than a specific player who could fit into their system?

yes and outside of of England i don't think Eriksen carries anywhere near the reputation/hype it would take to interest Madrid

The more I look at that Mason goal the less I think it was an intentional pass from Eriksen. Looks more like he was gonna have a shot at goal and the Swansea defender blocked it into Masons path.

The more I look at that Mason goal the less I think it was an intentional pass from Eriksen. Looks more like he was gonna have a shot at goal and the Swansea defender blocked it into Masons path.

I agree. Still, good attacking play nonetheless and especially good that Mason not only anticipated the ball going in the direction it did but also getting the very good shot on goal that he did

Back