• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I wouldn't mind him playing behind Kane actually, Eriksen and Chadli in the wide positions

he has an eye for a pass and big game experience against superior sides, he also has a bit of a nasty side which we will need tomorrow

as for a price per goal, we'd need to know exactly how much we actually paid, I'm sure the quoted 26m included add ins based on performance which are unlikely to have been met, I expect it's about 1m a goal so far

There's a Telegraph article that states his fee was £13m, plus a further £13m in incentives (not further instalments but performance-led add ons), so maybe his cost per goal isn't as high as maybe thought.

Either way, it's sadly not worked for him and I don't think it will, as much as I warm to him and want him to do well.

Anyone forseeing a Ricky Villa-esque cup final winning goal to resurrect Bobby?

.....anyone? please?
clear.png

If he gets on I'll lose it. When he gets on the pitch Poch usually moves Kane. And we need him to stay at the point of the attack.

Anyone forseeing a Ricky Villa-esque cup final winning goal to resurrect Bobby?

.....anyone? please?
clear.png

It would be something the football gods might line up just to make everyone look silly. Ideally though, it would simply be a direct repeat of the chance he missed but he puts it away this time. That or Ade comes on to score a hatrick in time to get a new deal.

Lukaku seems to be doing a passable impression of the real Soldado at the Effeminates as I write. Oh, and the scum have just scored.

Was active when on today.

Poch has probably missed something by not figuring out how to build the Kane/Soldado partnership

Poch has probably missed something by not figuring out how to build the Kane/Soldado partnership
that partnership should involve bobby saying "harry how many sugars do you have in your tea mate" then soldado should get the fudge away as possible from harry before he infects him with his bricktness

that partnership should involve bobby saying "harry how many sugars do you have in your tea mate" then soldado should get the fudge away as possible from harry before he infects him with his crudtness

more like what you actually saw today -> Bobby go make some space so I can get on the ball.

1 up front is sometimes too manageable (as we saw today) and while Eriksen/Chadli/Lamela can play behind Kane, none are strikers, and none make real striker runs.

We need another striker, but fact is, we don't have another option, and we probably could have leveraged the 2 up option more.

I dont go along with needed another striker. BUT. What we really need is someone behind kane who run players away from play, drags them out of formation. Eriksend does it to a degree. But Chadli, Lamela and Townsend are too easy to defend against. Get in Berahino or depay, someone of that ilk in the Hazard mould then you get spaces opening up.

my read of it is that despite the goal return, Soldado is still making the right decisions most of the time (Thursday's game noted), he gets pin the right positions and gets chances, he's brought many a smart save from many keeper, he shows remorse and he keeps plugging away, he's not hidden from the situation or attempted to blame anyone else

how many of the "spacegoats" can that be said of?

Bloody hell still talking about soldado. He is a crap premier league striker who has been a disaster for us. There is nothing to build on because he hasnt been up to it in 90% of games and will not be something we can build anything around because hopefully he is one of the first ones out the door come June

Thought he looked better than normal today but I would not back him to do anything meaningful and Lord knows what would have happened if he was presented with a chance. Weak player

Bloody hell still talking about soldado. He is a crap premier league striker who has been a disaster for us. There is nothing to build on because he hasnt been up to it in 90% of games and will not be something we can build anything around because hopefully he is one of the first ones out the door come June

Its not about Soldado, its about learning to play with a real 2nd/support striker.

Cheat$ki nullified our lanes to Eriksen/Kane, when Soldado came on, we actually had a little bit more options

He goes in summer, but I expect a Ings/similar type signing who will play 2nd fiddle to Kane.

Yes, Yes, Yes totally agree

This. Soldado is finished at Spurs.

Its not about Soldado, its about learning to play with a real 2nd/support striker.

Cheat$ki nullified our lanes to Eriksen/Kane, when Soldado came on, we actually had a little bit more options

He goes in summer, but I expect a Ings/similar type signing who will play 2nd fiddle to Kane.

I 100% believe that Poch would play Kane at 10 in some games if we weren't so inept with our backup options. Finally people see that the odd flick and nice touch does not constitute good team play and wherever Soldado has played he has been largely ineffectual and on the periphery of games.

If we sign a Beharino, Rodriguez, Ings type player i would predict that we would see two strikers in the side for a significant amount of games - especially at home. I think Poch knows this but we have a striker who isn't mentally or physically right to play and another who is unsuited to the premier league and you wouldn't back to score in any circumstance. His hands are tied tbh

I 100% believe that Poch would play Kane at 10 in some games if we weren't so inept with our backup options. Finally people see that the odd flick and nice touch does not constitute good team play and wherever Soldado has played he has been largely ineffectual and on the periphery of games.

If we sign a Beharino, Rodriguez, Ings type player i would predict that we would see two strikers in the side for a significant amount of games - especially at home. I think Poch knows this but we have a striker who isn't mentally or physically right to play and another who is unsuited to the premier league and you wouldn't back to score in any circumstance. His hands are tied tbh

Very good post and 100% true. Hard to see what Poch thinks about using 2 strikes because the facts are we only have 1 capable striker. How many matches could have turned if we had a useful option to throw on to support Kane?

Bottom line is Soldado and Ade should be the first two out the door in June and then let's bring in some useful strikers and see what we can build. I suppose we all knew this in January but didn't see any feasible options to bring in.

Back