• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - League Cup Final - Chelsea

Bentaleb was immense today. 9.

The rest were good. We conceded two deflected goals. Just bad luck against a team that parked the bus.

Look, for my money there is very little to choose between them, they are both all too often infuriating. As someone said above, the right flank is easily our weakest position. I'm not claiming that Townsend played well today, but it's interesting that Poch didn't immediately bring Lamela on for him, he waited until there was less than twenty minutes of the match remaining before introducing the Argentinian.

That was a problem in itself.

LLORIS 8 - a few top saves, better distribution than usual

WALKER 6 - his physical skills saved him in difficult situations alot as per but he should have been hooked when it was clear he couldn't continue
DIER 5 - did okay in some respects but got drawn into Costa's games and should have been sent off before the first half was out
VERTONGHEN 7 - one of his more solid displays of late
ROSE 6 - did a decent enough job on Willian, usually wingers get the better of him. It was his attacking game that buckled yesterday

MASON 5 - just a huffer and puffer, hope he hangs around as a squad player for years to come but lacks quality for the level we aspire
BENTALEB 7 - probably our best outfield player, kept things ticking although he did have his usual lapses allowing them to bypass him

TOWNSEND 5 - as frustrating as ever. So one dimensional and thinks he's far better than he is
ERIKSEN 5 - shockingly poor, didn't get involved nearly enough. Good effort with the freekick though
CHADLI 5 - stupid freekick to give away for their first, didn't offer much else at either end

KANE 6 - a lone wolf. Worried he may have been found out in our last few games and will revert to being a 7/10 rather than his recent 9s

Subs were all 5s.

Poch gets a 6.

Yeah, I'm with Raziel on this today. The players got to a cup final and didn't roll over and die.

a marked improvement on our last performance against Chelsea at Wembley (which was with a better Spurs team and against a worse Chelsea side in fact!)

i thought Rose, Walker and Bentaleb were the pick of the players yesterday

I dont think we played badly at all. The fact is we were up against the best team in the prem and one of the best in europe. It was also a Mourinho tactical master class. Everyone was focusing on Matic being missing , but this was a very differant game from WHL where Chelski attacked and were very open at the back. He knew we would have Harry up front on his own so every time he got the ball he had 2 centre backs on him, also Eriksen was practically marked out of the game. Add to that their cynical fouling which they are very good at, for example Ivanovich would just deliberately body check one of our players just inside our half as we were building a break. If it was deeper in their half its a yellow. We get a free kick but the moment is lost as they can re position themselves and get organised. This was happening all the time, add in to that the wind up of Costa I thought our yougsters handled it quite well. Great experience for them and hopefully we can push on next season and still put in a challenge for the top four this season
COYS

Back