• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

garbage defending from Southampton

been by far the better side today but they are gonna lose

Liverpool are brick, can't believe they beat us

They're not brick Galeforce and their manager after his previous intransigence last season , is willing to adapt his tactics depending on the opponent .

Blanks against both Swansea (0-1) and West Ham (0-0) parked buses, in Southampton's previous two home games.. Rodgers has done what them two have done, only with better players. Three points is what it's all about.

That puts them a point ahead of us now, that's some turnaround and some great form. It was only around Christmas people were writing them off for a top 4 challenge, now we have another club in the mix.

They seem to turn it on when they need to, Rodgers has the mentality instilled in his team. A win is a win, especially in a season when you let go of your best player and trying to slot in new ones.

yeah Liverpool are grinding out the wins now, business end of the season. Id be very surprised if they dont make the top 4. They have a system and style that most teams find difficult to break down, and always look a threat going forward. Its still Chelski, M City, Arsanal and Liverpool for the top 4 slots imo

They seem to turn it on when they need to, Rodgers has the mentality instilled in his team. A win is a win, especially in a season when you let go of your best player and trying to slot in new ones.

That's a fair comment but anyone who saw yesterdays match would probably agree that they just got lucky. A bunch of very dubious decisions went their way and they were outclassed for most of the match.

It is a bit disappointing that 3 of our main rivals for 4th have hit such good form all at the same time. We're still in a with a good shout if we can put a run together but it won't be easy.

It's only a few points but does anyone still have a strong belief we could make top 4 with Arse, United and Liverpool all ahead of us now?

If we do get past Fiorentina then with more Europa League games and the Cup Final coming up I think we will really need to be on our game to stay bang in the race over the next few weeks.

I think Liverpool have the hardest fixtures left but I guess it means nothing if we keep dropping points

Getting top four doesn't bother me. I didn't expect it. I'd rather push on next year after Poch brings in some new players selling alot of our failures.

Completely agree. we knew it would be another transitional season and I think we have seen plenty signs of progress in order to feel optimistic for next year. I just wasn't expecting to still be in mix so was wondering if people think we could stay up there or if we will tail off into clear 7th place

Are indospur and indianspur related?

It's frustrating to see that Arsenal and Liverpool are in such good nick, win after win at the moment it seems (save for our mauling of the goons). But not a surprise either, Arsenal always win when Wenger gets under immense pressure and Liverpool's new signings have adapted and Rodgers finally found a system that worked.

On the bright side Man Utd and Southampton are faltering. United haven't played well in at least two months and there is only so long you can pick up results when playing badly. People praise van Gaal for being ruthless but he's actually the opposite, keeps playing all of their 'superstars' without a hoot on how to fit 'em in. Southampton could just be running out of steam, they can't score for toffee, although I'm wary of writing them off cos they went on a bad run in December and bounced back really well.

I see Arsenal and Liverpool as favourites for top four but make us more likely to get there than the other two contenders. But alot can change.

From our point of view it would be best if United don't get it. They have loads of sponsorship deals that hinge on Champions League qualification, missing out again would be a massive dagger to the heart. I also think cos van Gaal talks a good game he will stay in the job if they only just miss out, which would be good cos they'll struggle again next season under him. I don't actually mind Arsenal getting CL football unlike others here, they'll never threaten to win it under the current regime and it means Wenger can continue there meaning no chance they win the title.

That's a fair comment but anyone who saw yesterdays match would probably agree that they just got lucky. A bunch of very dubious decisions went their way and they were outclassed for most of the match.

It is a bit disappointing that 3 of our main rivals for 4th have hit such good form all at the same time. We're still in a with a good shout if we can put a run together but it won't be easy.

Definitely. Very lucky against a Southampton team in not the best of form too.

Still very close. Like us Liverpool have other competitions that might steal some focus. FA-cup final tickets are essentially being booked with the Gerrard story, Rodgers has to put out his best sides for that...

Arsenal perhaps currently looking the strongest out of the 5 teams competing for 3rd and 4th, but all teams showing some weakness at least.

Back