• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

Hahaha at the West Ham comments. I'm also surprised that one of them went into work with his Spurs supporting mates all quiet - doesn't sound right to me. Coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 so late feels like a win, must feel like a crushing defeat to them lot, as per their comments muahahahaha. As to them becoming a rival? Their best team in well over a decade is 8th and we've taken 4 points off them this season. They're just your typical difficult to play-against Allardyce team. Lots of pace and physical players, hit it forward early and get balls into the box. They've got a good defence too. Thought Reid handled Kane well all game to be fair, but he had the last laugh.

Whistl
If the ref is going on time indicated plus any extra accruing, that is well and good.

I think the issue is him blowing 'immediately' after the goal, which could suggest to some that the penalty was deemed to be at the end of play. Given that their guys seriously encroached the ref should have ordered a retake .... but effectively played advantage, so there must have been time remaining. I can't see from the MotD coverage when the ref blew nor any other of his final actions beyond following the rebound very intently.

I suspect there was 20-30secs in the refs mind, which would be used in any normal celebration and restart, so the ref blowing during the celebrations was about right.

Law 14 - http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

As for Slim Sam (I speak as a Stoutist) wondering where 5mins came from, subs & bookings are predominantly 2nd half activities, each of which has a nominal 20s?. Add treatment of injuries - again a 2nd half 'thing' - and you very rarely see <3 mins, often 4. There was a lot of ref chat/heckling, so minimum of 5 was about right.

As for MotD moaning about refs - time wasted and referee decision overload is TOTALLY down to the players and management, but ALL teams have to change. Stop the cheating, let the ref be a spectator and timekeeper.

Whistle was blown 2 secs into the restart...!

Interesting to see a number of West Ham fans (and Allardyce) moaning about the ref and specifically the amount of time added on.... So let's ignore the fact that their second goal was offside, Noble should've got a second yellow mid way through the second half and the fact that Song's challenge on Kane was a definite penalty and simply consider the amount of time added on....

Personally I felt that only 5 minutes being added on was criminally low:

2 goals scored = a minimum of 1 minute of added time.
5 substitutions made = a minimum of 2 minutes and 30 seconds to be added on (although I reckon Noble alone took about 2 minutes to get off the pitch).
Noble tackle from behind that should've resulted in a 2nd yellow and him being sent off. = 1 minute delay for ref to restore calm and then decide to bottle it in terms of sending him off.
Various instances of West Ham players going down and faking injury to receive treatment and waste time. Should been another 2 minutes.
West Ham wasting time on every goal kick and throw in. Should've been another 2 minutes for that as well (I lost count of the number of times the ref made the 'I'm stopping my watch' gesture)

Had 8 minutes added time been put up then I don't think West Ham could've moaned at that at all.... I don't pay £1000 for a season ticket to spend 10% of the game watching the opposition waste time.

The most embarrassing thing of all is that West Ham actually started their time wasting in the first half.... Not sure I've seen another team start to waste time so early other than Sam Allardyce's Bolton team. Imagine having to support a team who start wasting time in the first half? The funny thing is that most West Ham fans used to massively slag off the way Bolton played football and yet they are now pretty much exactly the same team (although even Bolton had one genius of a player worth watching in Jay Jay Okocha, whereas the closest thing West Ham have to a flair player is Stewart Downing)

As an aside here I think Pochettino needs to find a better way of playing against a team like West Ham who negate our pressing game by simply bypassing it with their long ball game.

As a second aside here - I'm not sure about the rest of you but I thought that Winston Reid passed his audition for the role of a Tottenham Hotspur centre half with flying colours. An extremely impressive performance I thought and played better than either of our two central defenders on the day.

As a second aside here - I'm not sure about the rest of you but I thought that Winston Reid passed his audition for the role of a Tottenham Hotspur centre half with flying colours. An extremely impressive performance I thought and played better than either of our two central defenders on the day.

I was thinking that as well, as it all seems to have went quiet I thought I'd missed him resigning with wet span.

Absolutely ridiculous comments from some of those West Ham fans.

Thought Allardyce was deluded with some of his comments, but apparently the fans were all too eager to listen to his excuses. Funny him calling us desperate when he's the one looking like he might be out of a job come the summer despite probably getting them the best league finish in years and years...

Poor result yesterday but understandable after a tough Europa game a few days previously.

Don't care what anyone says, I hate West Ham with a passion and was desperate for us to put one over them. If Poch could have engineered wins over our three biggest rivals, at the Lane, in the space of two months he'd have my support for the next five years in the bank already!

None of our players played well but we ground out a point which is better than no points, especially with so many teams so close together and just as importantly it kept West Ham at arm's length - if they had won then went on to beat Palace at home next week they would go above us.

COYS

I don't know why Verts needs to get involved all the time. His pushing over of Noble will no doubt be mentioned comparing to the push by Matic that got a red card. At least the ref saw it so no futher action can be taken.

Thought this might crop up at the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ents-in-bid-to-get-Nemanja-Matic-ban-cut.html

''...Vertonghen also escaped punishment at the weekend for a push on West Ham midfielder Mark Noble, when the Tottenham central defender reacted to a foul on Nabil Bentaleb.'

Mourinho really is a piece of work but Jan has given him just what he wanted.

We did deserve to win. That doesn't mean we played particularly well.
EDIT - in reply to a later post of yours, Soldado had an excellent shot which Adrian did exceptionally well to save, Rose got in behind and drifted his header just over, their second goal should've been offside (IMO) no we did enough to win today and Adrian had to have some form to keep us out early-doors. We did not play particularly well and a lot of players seemed to be missing a dimension with regards to focus, but despite that I still think a win would not have been absolutely undeserved. I agree we got slices of luck in the goals we DID get, but we earned them for ploughing on and in through minute 95. Let's face it, West 'Am did not come to play football, they came to steal. Our new mentality got us through today. It is why anybody writing off the top 4 today, February 22nd, is playing a fool's game, because this lot don't know when they're 'beaten' which is a great spirit to develop.

Great to see the spirit and fantastic to avoid defeat against the spammers. Their supporters comments are gems. However, it must not be forgotten that they had three other gilt edged chances which Lloris somehow saved. Even the Spurophile JJ commented that we really didn't deserve even a draw.

However, finally, and most importantly we are all spared another BFS avatar ;) TTFFT

The fact that that West Ham actually kick-off after the goal before the whistle is blown means the penalty wasn't given in the last second of added time. So West Ham's argument becomes totally invalid.

Thought this might crop up at the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ents-in-bid-to-get-Nemanja-Matic-ban-cut.html

''...Vertonghen also escaped punishment at the weekend for a push on West Ham midfielder Mark Noble, when the Tottenham central defender reacted to a foul on Nabil Bentaleb.'

Mourinho really is a piece of work but Jan has given him just what he wanted.

I have no doubt at all that Matic will end up playing in the final. Mourinho will continue to whine until the sending off is overturned

I was thinking that as well, as it all seems to have went quiet I thought I'd missed him resigning with wet span.

He impressed me too

I have no doubt at all that Matic will end up playing in the final. Mourinho will continue to whine until the sending off is overturned

I hate Mourinho but on this one, I have to say philosophically I agree with him. Matic should not have done that, but the 'tackle' was madness. He should've been allowed leniency IMO. Ditto Verts, deserved the leniency. So I HATE to agree with the taunt but on this one he has a point. Hope the decision sticks though...;)

Although I am not entirely reversing my position I'm thinking that, at this point, we might as well put more emphasis on the Fiorentina match. This draw set us back in our top-4 challenge and, although we are still only 3 points off 4th, I see it being a bit more difficult to achieve CL through the league. If we can get into the next round of EL, at least we'll have a fallback option, if our next 2-3 PL games don't go well.

I think the difference would be how hard Matic went in on Barnes. He really lost it and went in very strong. Vertonghen not so much

A section of Wet Spam fans continue to distinguish themselves with their hatred and ignorance:

The Football Association has promised a thorough investigation into allegations that West Ham United fans at White Hart Lane for Sunday’s Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur used language that was derogatory and insulting towards people with learning disabilities.

The allegation has been made by Kevin Kilbane, the TV pundit and former Republic of Ireland international as well as a patron of the Down’s Syndrome Association. His 10-year-old daughter, Elsie, has Down’s syndrome.

He was not at the game but was informed of the chants by Andy Merriman, a Tottenham season-ticket holder and author, whose daughter, Sarah, also has Down’s syndrome. Merriman was ghost writer of Kilbane’s autobiography, Killa. “It was very clear and sadly it appeared to be from a large number of West Ham fans in the ground,” Kilbane told the Mirror and the Mail. “This was not isolated to a handful of people.”

Over the weekend a video surfaced apparently showing West Ham fans on a train to the same game singing antisemitic chants. The club responded to that controversy by promising that “if any individual is found to have behaved in an inappropriate way … they will face the strongest possible action, including the option of a life ban from the Boleyn Ground.”

According to Kilbane during the game they sang that “Harry Kane talks like a mong and plays like one too”, using a derogatory term for people with learning disabilities.

“I am sure they understand they are causing offence,” said Kilbane. “You cannot sweep it under the carpet and label it as ignorance. It is visible and clear and, like racist or homophobic chanting, it is intended to cause offence. I want to be able to take my kids to football matches and when Elsie gets older she will understand about her condition and I would not want her to hear that kind of chanting. If her sister Isla heard it, she would be devastated too, as my friend’s sons were.

“I spoke to him and he was extremely upset and I felt I had to report it. No family should have to put up with it at football matches.

“It is also extremely offensive towards Harry Kane, who is only a young lad, starting out in the game and who does not deserve that kind of disgusting abuse just because he is a footballer.

“This is a wider society problem, not just a problem with football, and idiots are using football as a tool to show their ignorance and discrimination.

“I have spoken to the FA and they have assured me they will investigate it thoroughly. In all my time playing and watching football I have never heard this before. Hopefully we can do something to make sure it isn’t again and this awful chant does not spread.”

Back