• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Full Length DJ Mixes

Rob

Peter Taylor
Thought we could have this separate from music and electronic as there could be plenty of blurred lines!

Here's a set i did back in december - thought id upload it as a long long time ago some of you guys used to enjoy my sets!

Tracklist:

01 - 'Bassheads - Is Anybody Out There'
02 - 'Kariya - Let Me Love You For Tonight'
03 - 'Robin S - Show Me Love'
04 - 'FPI Project - Everybody (All Over The World)'
05 - 'Brothers In Rhythm - Such A Good Feeling'
06 - 'So Real (Acapella)'
07 - 'Carl Cox - I Want You (Forever)'
08 - 'Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives'
09 - 'N-Joi - Anthem'
10 - 'Hyper Go Go - High'
11 - 'Xpansions - Move Your Body (Elevation)'
12 - '2 For Joy - Let The Bass Kick (7" Mix)'
13 - 'Shades of Rhythm - Sweet Sensation'
14 - 'Rat Pack - Rizla (Rhythm Masters Remix)'
15 - 'Tronik House - Uptempo'
16 - 'Massive - Dansatak (I'm Rushin Bootleg)'
17 - 'Nexus 21 - Self Hypnosis'
18 - 'A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray (Manray Edit)'
19 - 'Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm'
20 - 'Chubb Rock - Treat 'Em Right'
21 - 'Joe Smooth - Promised Land'

Last edited:
Had a listen while at work the other day. Good stuff, haven't heard some of those tracks for a loooong time!

Feel free to share others or recommend similar mixes. I've struggled for a while finding new, interesting mixes and have been mainly listening to other podcasts instead.

Ah it's that Friday feeling! Thought this had gone the way of the mastermind thread there! ;)

Yeah there's a load on there and I'm always recording more. What style of music was it you were after? There are a few classic house mixes on there I can dig out for ya as well as old skool of different levels of underground/commercial ... Few other styles too but didn't wanna just do a contents list!

Ah nice female friendly stuff, used to play a lot of this sort of stuff a decade ago when I was still buying vinyl (well I still buy it but only stuff from 1988-1992). Very nice indeed - always preferred liquid for my front room , I liked to hear one or two liquid sets when I was out but mostly it was all about the jump up for me. On the flip side, I loved playing liquid sets on the radio but when I played out always played a whole spectrum centred around a few jump up anthems.

Tight mixing and a nice selection so far mate :)

Liking the tune that sounds a bit like Utah saints - what can you do for me

Thanks for giving it a listen mate. Mixing little wonky in parts don't play enough these days little rusty. I'm not a massive fan of the jump up stuff these days but used to be.

I used to be into my breaks that's what a majority of my collection revolves round but that died a death as a scene. I play all sorts now what takes my fancy when I do buy tunes got to be good music I will post up when I do hit record.

Loved your mix too some golden tunes on there you must have some collection to have them gems on vinyl

Mine's recorded on CDJs mate so it's fifty fifty in that set whether I've got the tune on vinyl or not as I've developed a massive digital collection from iTunes. The vast majority of the bookings I take now are cd based with the rest being on my controller (normally if I'm asked to play for 4 hours plus and a variety of music styles).

I like to hear the little pushes on the vinyl though, to my mind shows you're working to keep the mix clean.

I used to love breaks!! Yeah it was a shame with breaks that it kinda ran out of steam. I always felt it had the potential there to step on as a scene but it never did. :( jump up on the other hand did step on but in the wrong bloody direction! When pendulum, dj fresh and sub focus flooded the scene I got very very sick of that sound. I miss the late nineties sound - there was an excellent track at the end of the Netsky2 album called clutching straws (IIRC) which captured that sound and that moment perfectly. I'll dig it out if you've not heard it - sounds like it's an Andy c track straight from 95/96!!

Am I cool to share your set on fb?

Ye
Mine's recorded on CDJs mate so it's fifty fifty in that set whether I've got the tune on vinyl or not as I've developed a massive digital collection from iTunes. The vast majority of the bookings I take now are cd based with the rest being on my controller (normally if I'm asked to play for 4 hours plus and a variety of music styles).

I like to hear the little pushes on the vinyl though, to my mind shows you're working to keep the mix clean.

I used to love breaks!! Yeah it was a shame with breaks that it kinda ran out of steam. I always felt it had the potential there to step on as a scene but it never did. :( jump up on the other hand did step on but in the wrong bloody direction! When pendulum, dj fresh and sub focus flooded the scene I got very very sick of that sound. I miss the late nineties sound - there was an excellent track at the end of the Netsky2 album called clutching straws (IIRC) which captured that sound and that moment perfectly. I'll dig it out if you've not heard it - sounds like it's an Andy c track straight from 95/96!!

Am I cool to share your set on fb?
please do share it that's perfectly fine with me more listen the better makes it worth while mixing it.

I use 1210s with traktor so you can hear the little corrections. It's funny these days I like to hear little corrections in mixes as so many people just sync now . As for jump up totally agree very cheese. Andy c is still quality tho. I will post some breaks up when get a chance I used to play all styles across the board tech funky tear out.

Last edited:
Ye

please do share it that's perfectly fine with me more listen the better makes it worth while mixing it.

I use 1210s with traktor so you can hear the little corrections. It's funny these days I like to hear little corrections in mixes as so many people just sync now . As for jump up totally agree very cheese. Andy c is still quality tho. I will post some breaks up when get a chance I used to play all styles across the board tech funky tear out.

Pretty sure with that set up you can lock the pitch, same as pressing master on CDJs. Sync does what it says on the tin. If you can already beat match in a few seconds then it simplifies that process down to the click of a button. But with breakbeat stuff I've always found sync can't always be relied upon so you always need to have a degree of skill in there too, whether that's UKG, Jungle, DnB, breaks or old skool it just has a tendency to lie!! I just see using sync as the same as when you really know your records, you pull one out of the bag and straight away you know that if your sets sitting around the plus two mark then this is gonna be up near plus 6 or 7 so straight away you slide the pitch to there before you even cue it up. Just gives you a head start... My controller set up is an ipad3 and the numark idjPro running DJay2 by algoriddim. Nice and simple for carrying about, I sure as hell don't miss lugging boxes and boxes of records everywhere!! Even my hour or two sets on cd, I sort through about fifty tunes I wanna take and burn them to four CDs with 2 copies of each. Think it's funny that most dj's turn up with this giant cd wallet with 800 CDs in and I rock in with no more than a dozen...

Yeah a nice little breaks set would go down a treat :)

I miss the Plump DJs, Freestylers breaks sound. The scene just seemed to stop.

I bought Andy C's last Nightlife cd and wasn't that impressed. Too commercial, he seems to be a "Festival DJ" these days.

Rob I will post a breaks mix in a week or two...

Flannerz agreed miss the breaks there is a little revival stirring but early days few producers coming back here and there but doubt it will take off again.

Andy c is still top dog but your right about bit festival dj these days but his skills are still unreal even if the music can be a bit tedious

I'd love it if Andy C did a history night and played all the old stuff. I'm not really interested in his current sets. I enjoyed Bukem at Fabric last week, shame he clashed with Dillinja though.

Andy c does an all night long party in Brixton where he plays old to new. Not personally checked it out but heard music is good but bit like a concert.
Bukem is quality his night at fabric is the only time I go there anymore.

Back