• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

optimism

heinoe

Mark Bowen
I am very optimistic about Tottenham this year.

Poch ans Spurs have exceeded all of my expectations so far, and it takes me back to the Bale days .

We have a world class player in Eriksen, we have Kane who is our own product and a beast of a player, Bentaleb calm and classy, Lamela with so much promise . Eric Dier who I think will be an England regular.

Maybe the best GK in the PL , and a good defence who I actually trust with Fazio , Verts and Walker all great players , and Rose who really has taken a step up this year.

We have stamina and fight in our team, and we are clicking better and better for each game .
And a really good bench .

The future really is Lillywhite :D :D

Thanks for everything so far , Poch , Eriksen , Kane etc etc

COYS

tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

I like that Poch leans on the youth more. For such a long time its been annoying to see average players signed for over inflated fees and then they are inconsistent before showing their true colors and leaving for a lesser team.

Producing your own players is so much more rewarding, they seem way more eager to listen to their manager and are signs of a good future. That couple with not paying them large wages to sit onn their arse and saving us transfer fees would be great.

Being 3 points of 3rd position at this stage of the season is beyond what I was hoping. I still think we look way too open at times, and are still struggling to create quality chances. But all the signs are good.

Now get rid of the deadwood. Continue to promote youth. And just purchase 1 or 1 quality players a year.

I like that Poch leans on the youth more. For such a long time its been annoying to see average players signed for over inflated fees and then they are inconsistent before showing their true colors and leaving for a lesser team.

Producing your own players is so much more rewarding, they seem way more eager to listen to their manager and are signs of a good future. That couple with not paying them large wages to sit onn their arse and saving us transfer fees would be great.

Being 3 points of 3rd position at this stage of the season is beyond what I was hoping. I still think we look way too open at times, and are still struggling to create quality chances. But all the signs are good.

Now get rid of the deadwood. Continue to promote youth. And just purchase 1 or 1 quality players a year.

Hmmmm....tough choice but I'd go for 1 at a push... ;)

I agree Sandman , we really have a strong squad now and must not fudge it up with a dozen new signings . I think it's more imortant to get rid of the deadwood . And buy one or two quality players who can bring us to the next level .

I would like Schneiderlein and Depay

I agree Sandman , we really have a strong squad now and must not fudge it up with a dozen new signings . I think it's more imortant to get rid of the deadwood . And buy one or two quality players who can bring us to the next level .

I would like Schneiderlein and Depay

Those are the two I'd think would make the most difference to us also.

After 35 years of following Spurs, I have learned that it is better to be a pessimist on matters concerning Spurs.

I believe in an optimistic outlook but a degree of realism needs to be applied, especially when dealing with matters of the future. When was the last time Manchester United produced a single decent youth player, let alone a string of them like beckham, butt, the steptoe brothers et al? We can't blindly look to the future and say now that we've produced Kane, bentaleb and Davies we'll see another three in a couple of years time. We'd all like to hope so given the amount spent on our facilities but there's no guarantee...

Much like the view of hopefully we'll settle now and just sign 1 or 2 players a year. We've been saying that for over a decade and it never quite works out like that. Seven or eight bad results and bad performances see managers sacked, players leave and a new manager with his own ideas involving his own personnel waltzes through the door. He gets it right and we always get to being 1 or 2 players away then when things go sour we'll say the whole squad needs a complete overhaul!

I'm optimistic. The team is starting to find it's shape, we've had some young players step up to the mark and put in some decent enough performances but if we lose the next two games, the fickle nature of the modern game suggests things might not feel so rosey!

After 35 years of following Spurs, I have learned that it is better to be a pessimist on matters concerning Spurs.

I agree. I fully expect our season to come crashing down any minute now. Every point is a bonus. Anything better than catastrophy is a welcome, positive surprise.

I agree. I fully expect our season to come crashing down any minute now. Every point is a bonus. Anything better than catastrophy is a welcome, positive surprise.

I'm waiting for the Argentina National Coach to resign...

I'm waiting for the Argentina National Coach to resign...

Hmm, I don't think Poch would take it. I know it's a big deal to manage your country, but it is a step down from coaching a league team. He's young and there will be time for him to manage Argentina in the future, right now he probably wants to really make a name for himself at club level (us).

Plus he's a systems manager, that's tough when you're a national coach because you don't have long enough with the players to get your ideas across.

The principle difference for me was I was confident we would score, that we would get something for our dominance and possession. I also felt we could hang on to the lead at the end of the game.

Hmm, I don't think Poch would take it. I know it's a big deal to manage your country, but it is a step down from coaching a league team. He's young and there will be time for him to manage Argentina in the future, right now he probably wants to really make a name for himself at club level (us).

Lol yeah was only joking mate ;) yeah from the viewpoint of South America, a league job would seem both more palatable and more profitable

Back