• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

By the time we get to 100 pages, he'll be a decent player!

He's never going to be a tough tackling midfield enforcer, but he can pass quickly and score the odd goal - something we need more off from the midfield.

Just wanted to highlight Paulinho's good game yesterday. Constantly available to receive the ball, keeping the ball moving and most importantly moving quickly and forward. Very disciplined and combined well with Mason. He may leave in the summer but until then he can still be an asset - especially in games where we have the bulk of the possession.

I agree with that, I was at the game and he played well. His movement off the ball is first class ( something that you never see if you only watch it on the box), he finds space and receives the ball well and is always on the move. He works hard and helps us keep possession.

This is why we all love football because everyone sees it differently, me and a mate put him on player cam because he's hilarious, yesterday he pulled out of nearly all 50/50. Yes he received the ball a lot but they were in very easy positions to get the ball and would pass it either back or sideways. What we were laughing at was the concentration he looks like he has to put into to make a 3 yard pass, he did do a great turn with the ball right at the end but ballooned it out the stadium. I might be wrong but I didn't think he was very good today, a passenger in a good performance.
Was you also laughing when Mason put simple passes out of play? For a passenger he seemed to receive the ball a lot....

He can be quite neat and tidy in possession, but I don't think he has the right mentality for the direction the team is going. I think we are going for players that don't give an inch and fight hard. He isn't that type of player.

I thought Paulinho did very well yesterday and just don't get the flack he's getting for that performance .

I'm happy when fringe players come in and do well !

Maltese. Did I say he played a bad game either? I rated him a seven in the match rating thread. What I did say, was that he pulled out of some of the physical stuff. Read the post!

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...s-does-paulinho-have-a-spurs-future-after-al/

Opta stats show, the Brazilian took 102 touches and completed 74 passes, more than any other Tottenham player at the Hawthorns.

He also won two interceptions and made 12 final-third passes. But perhaps most impressively – and surprisingly – Paulinho won more tackles (5) than any of his Spurs team-mates.

Despite his impressive stats I'm sure many here will slag off his contribution to the win yesterday. It is a positive to me that Poch can work with Paulinho and bring him into the starting line up (and as part of the two essentially DMs).

Maltese. Did I say he played a bad game either? I rated him a seven in the match rating thread. What I did say, was that he pulled out of some of the physical stuff. Read the post!

I know.. Never said you did...

My point was not addressed to you, as such, but more as a discussion of the criticisms Paulinho constantly gets from many posters about the physical nature of his game.

Yesterday was his first start in the league this season. If he can't up his game in that situation, when can he?

The term "flatters to deceive" could have been coined just for him.

It will take a lot more than the occasional decent showing to persuade me he has a future with us.

Despite his impressive stats I'm sure many here will slag off his contribution to the win yesterday. It is a positive to me that Poch can work with Paulinho and bring him into the starting line up (and as part of the two essentially DMs).

Agreed ...We have to credit Poch and his coaches for getting that performance out of the player.

I don't mind admitting, I feared the worse when I saw him in the starting line-up.

Yesterday was his first start in the league this season. If he can't up his game in that situation, when can he?

The term "flatters to deceive" could have been coined just for him.

It will take a lot more than the occasional decent showing to persuade me he has a future with us.

Just for curiosity sake...

what's your opinion of Lamela, Soldado and Davies?

Just shows how our perceptions alter our judgments. He is a player who doesn't adapt to a new country easily. He had needed time. But with Poch he might come good.

Hopefully yes. The players know that if they're receptive to the methods of Poch and his coaching staff, they will find it beneficial to their game.

Anyway its one game , want to see more of the same from Paulie.

He has the engine to play in Pochs system, it's the attitude that could be questioned. Yesterday he had the right attitude. Played well. And another player gradually bought in to the fold of the first team by Poch.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...s-does-paulinho-have-a-spurs-future-after-al/

Opta stats show, the Brazilian took 102 touches and completed 74 passes, more than any other Tottenham player at the Hawthorns.

He also won two interceptions and made 12 final-third passes. But perhaps most impressively – and surprisingly – Paulinho won more tackles (5) than any of his Spurs team-mates.

Do not let the facts get in the way of those that have made their minds up that he is brick.;)

Just for curiosity sake...

what's your opinion of Lamela, Soldado and Davies?

Lamela: underwhelming so far, but young and works very hard. Can still come good.

Soldado: not going to happen, much as I like him.

Davies: I prefer him to Rose defensively, but don't see him as a massive upgrade. Also young though, so hopefully can and will improve.

Back