• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City *** FA Cup OMT ***

Mumorn I know you mean well , always putting out a positive spin after a defeat but we've just lost in the FA Cup, to the leagues bottom team, conceding two in the last 10 mins ...

You're right, two cups is a dream, and now that dream has now just been taken away from us :|

**** happens, especially in cups

Still hurts but we are 1 game away from Wembley. Despite City and Chelsea going out l'****, utd and liverpool are still in. We are playing too many games and don't have the back up players to fill in for our strongest 11. We need to finish well in the league and progress on Europa League.

key players rested.. semi final on wednesday.. two cups was a dream.. 1 cup is reality.

Goes to show how important the likes of mason and Bentelab are to our team. A month ago they were fit and we were starting to play a high tempo attaxking game that seemed to be what Poch had been trying to achieve. Since then we have started to look like an AVB team again - laboured, slow and devoid of a real cutting edge.

I agree that rotation was needed today but that starting team was horrific. Leicester were terrible and we allowed them a route back in because we didn't have a goal scorer on the pitch and the subs were poor too

Goes to show how important the likes of mason and Bentelab are to our team. A month ago they were fit and we were starting to play a high tempo attaxking game that seemed to be what Poch had been trying to achieve. Since then we have started to look like an AVB team again - laboured, slow and devoid of a real cutting edge.

I agree that rotation was needed today but that starting team was horrific. Leicester were terrible and we allowed them a route back in because we didn't have a goal scorer on the pitch and the subs were poor too

Did you manage to see the game?

Exactly the same turgid lack lustre performance that AVB used to get crucified for, but then I suppose we did Have Adebayor, Kaboul and Capoue on the pitch with a rusty Lamela and an out of sorts Paulinho, so why is it I am still disappointed.

Exactly the same turgid lack lustre performance that AVB used to get crucified for, but then I suppose we did Have Adebayor, Kaboul and Capoue on the pitch with a rusty Lamela and an out of sorts Paulinho, so why is it I am still disappointed.

Still better players than what they had

The real problem is the lack of creativity because we dont have a decent creative centre midfield player (half decent Bentelab is away) and the inverted wingers.. We also need be playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 at home this inverted wingers doesnt work and Poch needs to sort it cause it's poor. The full backs right now dont push enough to create the width so rather than being stubborn bloody change formation!!

Lennon should be on the right wing, he's the only one with pace!

How many goals do we score at home? 1 maybe 2 tops..

I understand that football and Spurs is more important to me than it is to most other people, and therefore I react more strongly, but I simply can't understand how people can be happy or indifferent about us going out of the FA Cup, especially in this way and with Chelsea and City going out too. This is the tournament in which Tottenham, more than anywhere else, has built its reputation. We used to be the kings of the FA Cup. Now we haven't won it in 24 years. We would have had a decent chance with the favourites going out, we had a winnable game ourselves, and we gave it away in the last 10 minutes. How can you not be upset? Your Spurs-fans, for ****'s sake. Doesn't it hurt, doesn't it make you angry and sad? I just don't understand your mentality.

Maybe it's because it were lowly Leicester and not a heavyweight, and that they scored both their goals in the last 10 minutes>

Also we are Spurs fans and that means we want to win trophies and watch our players cover themselves in glory. Well I think that's what being a Spurs fan is all about ?

Still better players than what they had

Today that means nothing I'm sure both City and chelsea had better players than their opponents. Interestingly this team we had out today is very similar to the team poch played at the start of the season who had those inconsistent results and home losses.

worse thing is that Arsanal are gonna win it again....you know it

I understand that football and Spurs is more important to me than it is to most other people, and therefore I react more strongly, but I simply can't understand how people can be happy or indifferent about us going out of the FA Cup, especially in this way and with Chelsea and City going out too. This is the tournament in which Tottenham, more than anywhere else, has built its reputation. We used to be the kings of the FA Cup. Now we haven't won it in 24 years. We would have had a decent chance with the favourites going out, we had a winnable game ourselves, and we gave it away in the last 10 minutes. How can you not be upset? Your Spurs-fans, for ****'s sake. Doesn't it hurt, doesn't it make you angry and sad? I just don't understand your mentality.

Agree with your sentiments completely but I am an old fart now used to many disappointments from Spurs and I think it helps that we have another crucial game next week.

That fa cup doesn't exist anymore, it used to be the biggest in the land, but now the PL has not only eclipsed it, it's stamped it into the dirt.

With the top two out that was a great opportunity thrown away. Beating Chelsea in the League Cup will be tough - assuming we get through. And the EUFA cup is always difficult.. Don't worry - I'm ****ed off.

Back