• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wwwwdwdlwww

I think that's exactly the problem now. There's no spark and with the amount of games we're playing there will more than a few results that needs grinding out.

With Mason back from injury and Lamela hopefully not out for much longer we can perhaps start rotating a bit more.

its the SEMI-FINAL! Of course the team we are playing are going to be good at what they do.

We are in all cup competitions probably heading to Wembley, we are 3Pts off 4th. With a manager who has been in the job 8 months. Where exactly should we be.
If we had won all the games at home to "lesser" opposition then we would be 2nd! Is that what people seriously think is a fair reflection of our squad?

Its well documented the amount of games we have had to play, no time on training pitch etc. We don't have a Bale etc that provides that electric pace if thats peoples problem.
Our passing wasnt great last night and it was one of those nights, due to the lack of space that every pass has to be be first time and 95% accurate.

Considering half our squad are maybe not the right players, then Poch is doing a very good job in rotating and keep everyone involved, whilst keeping a very good record going.

It didn't click i agree, but being in the stands for a lot of these games is more annoying than the performance. Burnley at home is the first time (at home) it felt like the crowd were supporting the team. 2-0 down in 7 minutes fans kept with the team kept singing we win 4-2. Im sure the players preferred the support and patience, i for sure preferred being in the stand. So why Boo bitch moan at the players whilst telling everyone within a 100metre radius what you think of that players abilities. (Or how you missus, work or social life is)

It is all too easy to have a dig at the players, all well having a discussion here, but paying money, turning up, then bitching (loudly) is a joke if you are there to us. It aint FM, your booing actually affects the players, and not in a good way

its the SEMI-FINAL! Of course the team we are playing are going to be good at what they do.

You could equally say "They're in League One (or whatever ****ing league they're in) - of course we should be winning by a decent margin and resting in the 2nd leg"

You could equally say "They're in League One (or whatever ****ing league they're in) - of course we should be winning by a decent margin and resting in the 2nd leg"

Which works in FM but not in real life, otherwise we can all sit around play top trumps decide on the better team and go home content. Of course that means we can also never beat anybody better than us. Or is the logic we can beat chelsea 5-2 (who have a better team and squad and higher in the league) - but we cant lose against anybody who are lower than us?

If somebody could explain the sliding scale in how much you should beat a team by and visa-versa then ill plan out the next 50yrs of results and stop going to games.

I'm being facetious of course, but maybe the reason we couldnt beat them 4-0 then was as we hadnt rested, chicken and egg surely.
I didn't see a lack of application last night, just a semi-final versus a very well organised team who we eventually broke down.
If it had gone 2-0 early they would have opened up and it could have been 4-0

I may be proved wrong but i dont expect a blood and thunder game against them next week, as they dont seem built for that. They will have same game-plan and hope to create pressure in the 70th min+

Was at the game last night... What i feel is wrong with the side at the moment is a few things.. Firstly, our build up play is so slow and then when we get to the final third we run out of ideas and there's no movement.. Secondly, David Pleat hit the tickle my balls with a feather last night 909 saying 'Spurs have too many of the same sort of midfield players who play the conservative ball, none of them look for a killer pass' and thats mainly where our problem lies and has done for most of the season we dont have good enough midfield players to open teams up, we just knock the ball from side to side and i find this translates to the crowd. The only time we look dangerous even at WHL is when the opposite come at us and we attack on the break, we are a counter attacking team.

For me also, we should be trying to play with wingers more and two strikers and trying to open up teams that way but Poch is too stubborn to change from his one up top with inverted wingers which isnt working at WHL the moment. Perhaps it will work in time when he gets the players in that he wants and full backs pushing on but right now we are very easy to play against at the lane and there's no tempo to get the crowd into it.

all I heard behind me all game was this players shocking adebayor is **** followed by booing. Granted there was little to cheer but I don't get all the negativity. it's their right but I must say it is depressing.

It saps the life out of me, I know football has changed but I do not understand the mentality of coming to a game purely on the basis you are going to tear every inch of the team and club you "support" apart.

I really really REALLY do not understand jeering one of your own players being taken off, I find it disgraceful, and don't tell me "I pay my money I pay his wages", its just an excuse to be a prat. Not only that in what I believe should be siege mentality against the other club, on and off the pitch, what message does it send to the oppo? If they are giving our players **** and we are doing it more than them???? And people truly wonder why the team is sometimes nervous at home, there is an element of human nature to the game.

I think of it this way - You think about how effective a positive crowd are on a teams performance and then turn it on its head and think how much impact a negative crowd has, its huge either way.

It saps the life out of me, I know football has changed but I do not understand the mentality of coming to a game purely on the basis you are going to tear every inch of the team and club you "support" apart.

I really really REALLY do not understand jeering one of your own players being taken off, I find it disgraceful, and don't tell me "I pay my money I pay his wages", its just an excuse to be a prat. Not only that in what I believe should be siege mentality against the other club, on and off the pitch, what message does it send to the oppo? If they are giving our players **** and we are doing it more than them???? And people truly wonder why the team is sometimes nervous at home, there is an element of human nature to the game.

I think of it this way - You think about how effective a positive crowd are on a teams performance and then turn it on its head and think how much impact a negative crowd has, its huge either way.

Fully agreed with this.

tickle my balls with a feather.

Agreed with this totally.

I'd add to it too.

Where do the delusions of grandeur come from with Spurs fans? How did expectations become so high? Read the other threads on this site and it would appear that not one player apart from Lloris is good enough for Spurs. This is Spurs who haven't finished in the top 3 in a lifetime. The same Spurs who have never knowingly overachieved in my 37 years. Why do people not remember that Harry Redknapp's team of superstars regularly struggled to break down defensive teams? Why do people not remember that Harry Redknapp never once gave a single damn about a cup competition?

Agreed with this totally.

I'd add to it too.

Where do the delusions of grandeur come from with Spurs fans? How did expectations become so high? Read the other threads on this site and it would appear that not one player apart from Lloris is good enough for Spurs. This is Spurs who haven't finished in the top 3 in a lifetime. The same Spurs who have never knowingly overachieved in my 37 years. Why do people not remember that Harry Redknapp's team of superstars regularly struggled to break down defensive teams? Why do people not remember that Harry Redknapp never once gave a single damn about a cup competition?

Internet generation mate ... we want everything yesterday.

Same people who want Levy to buy 35M player, bitch about ticket/merchandise prices
Same people who rant about consistency and having a manager for 5 years, talk about how badly we are playing after 6 months

As for the we deserve top 4 crowd, who also believe Harry could have won the title, etc, etc .. ****ing delusion

This season (regardless of us), both Pool and United have spent more than we have ever spent, both have established managers and both are playing far worse football than Spurs.

I've stopped coming on here during games as i enjoy them much more then. Come on here during a game and all you'll read is how everything is ****.

I've stopped coming on here during games as i enjoy them much more then. Come on here during a game and all you'll read is how everything is ****.

This; funny to read though at times...and can be exciting when you see the reverse emotions when Eriksen or whoever gets their customary late goal...

Its getting like that on here today, look I respect everyone's opinion but it also seems like the negative crowd need to add extra aggression to their view and 9/10 there isn't much elaboration beyond "he's ****"

I suppose it does balance its self out when people write a full assassination on a player based on the way they walked or talked, like a certain action makes us experts on the ins and outs of that player "ohhhhh I didn't like the attitude when he left the pitch, I always said he was a bad egg and you could see that from the way his left leg was not keeping up with his right going off, the sooner Poch see's that and gets Levy to get rid the better, talking of Levy I heard he took Saturdays off in the summer, who needs a chairman like that, Joe Lewis needs to get rid and get a right chairman, I heard from my sisters boyfriend who gets his fade cut on seven sisters road that Joe Lewis wont act because he is lazy, sooner he is out the club the better, I don't like the way his glasses hang on his head, always said he was shifty and heart wasn't in it"

It is kind of strange seeing some of our fans almost expecting us to win every match and challenge the top teams in the country. This is definitely the most successful span in my lifetime supporting Spurs certainly if you are a glory hunter supporting Spurs is not for you!

That's not to say it isn't frustrating to see us fail to break "lesser" teams down from time to time but I think people easily forget where we have come from. I can remember just like 10-15 years ago we struggled to beat anyone and struggled to finish in the top half season after season. There is a lot to like about the direction of the club, we have developed a self sufficient transfer policy of selling to buy and promoting players from our youth system who are actually quality. I for one am enjoying the ride and hopefully we have a cup final to look forward to soon!

Back