• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Modric - left Spurs went on to become one of the best midfielders in the world.

Bale - left Spurs and scoring goals for fun and crucial ones at that

Not stagnating.

Berbatov - left Spurs and won the golden boot (then stagnated)

Carrick - left Spurs a midfielder not quite as good as the best around and continued being a midfielder not quite as good as the best around. Stagnated personally, despite club success.

In fact, I reckon if he stayed another season or 2 with us, would have played with Berbatov and in my opinion would have developed even further to the point he would have been the number 1 English midfielder and probably on the radar of teams like Barca and Real Madrid.

That's not really his fault, he should have been in ahead of one of the two golden boys Lampard and Gerrard.

and Barry, Parker, Wheelchair (not Walcott sorry)? He's at the same level internationally as Huddlestone. Nicky Butt has more England caps.

Not stagnating.

Carrick - left Spurs a midfielder not quite as good as the best around and continued being a midfielder not quite as good as the best around. Stagnated personally, despite club success.

In fact, I reckon if he stayed another season or 2 with us, would have played with Berbatov and in my opinion would have developed even further to the point he would have been the number 1 English midfielder and probably on the radar of teams like Barca and Real Madrid.

Carrick did not stagnate. He is the most underrated footballer of the last 10 years.

Carrick did not stagnate. He is the most underrated footballer of the last 10 years.

Yeah, it's like people say "oh all he can do is keep and pass the ball", but when every other English midfielder seems to find this so difficult its a wonder that people see this little-rated skill (in England anyway) as something worthwhile.

I see the same comments about Mason now and to be honest, before he left, similar comments were made about Modric (oh he doesn't score enough, he doesn't impose himself on games, when does he ever run a game?) It's only when these players aren't there that you see the difference they make to a team.

If Carrick had more caps, i'm sure England wouldn't have been such an embarrassment and display a consistent ability to give the ball away to the opposition during the same period.

Apart from Scumbell, Carrick is probably my least liked player that left us. We managed to turn him from a West Ham plodder into one of the most cultured English midfielders of his generation.

Admittedly it took a while for us to work out what to do with him, but when he had his chance with us, his career sky rocketed.

And then he lifted his skirt for the first bigger club that took an interest. And his career has stagnated since.

****er.

Rubbish! Carrick has gone on to have a great career at a huge club, and has won more than Spurs have in 50 years (probably)

Rubbish! Carrick has gone on to have a great career at a huge club, and has won more than Spurs have in 50 years (probably)

Plus I don't actually remember Carrick sulking, demanding a move or anything. I remember his sale being rumoured for a while then being in a pub in Headingley when the yellow ticker when across SPN saying we'd agreed a fee with Man Utd. He might well have told us he wanted to go, but from memory it wasn't the unprofessional car-crash of Berbatov leaving or Modric's attempted defection to Chelsea.

Plus how Robbie Keane gets away with fans for pretty much walking into Levy's office out of the blue and telling him he would never play for Spurs again, I don't know.

Plus I don't actually remember Carrick sulking, demanding a move or anything. I remember his sale being rumoured for a while then being in a pub in Headingley when the yellow ticker when across SPN saying we'd agreed a fee with Man Utd. He might well have told us he wanted to go, but from memory it wasn't the unprofessional car-crash of Berbatov leaving or Modric's attempted defection to Chelsea.

Plus how Robbie Keane gets away with fans for pretty much walking into Levy's office out of the blue and telling him he would never play for Spurs again, I don't know.

Except Carrick has never had a moderately decent thing to say about Spurs post, always says **** about us, and used to say **** about us before any crucial game with them. Keane, Berb, Modric, Bale have at least been ****ing civil even when prompted, Carrick proactively said **** about us for years.

And to the people who say he was established pre us, no he wasn't, he was promising, believe when we bought him he was actually in the championship, English managers were struggling to figure out how to use him, we bought him, built a side around him at the expense of a midfielder with CL experience (Mendes). I am very confident without Spurs he would not have seen Manure or much of England.

He's a been a very good cog in sides, but he didn't make that final step that his potential (with us) suggested he could have.

Except Carrick has never had a moderately decent thing to say about Spurs post, always says **** about us, and used to say **** about us before any crucial game with them. Keane, Berb, Modric, Bale have at least been ****ing civil even when prompted, Carrick proactively said **** about us for years.

And to the people who say he was established pre us, no he wasn't, he was promising, believe when we bought him he was actually in the championship, English managers were struggling to figure out how to use him, we bought him, built a side around him at the expense of a midfielder with CL experience (Mendes). I am very confident without Spurs he would not have seen Manure or much of England.

He's a been a very good cog in sides, but he didn't make that final step that his potential (with us) suggested he could have.

The guy always had a chip on his shoulder that he wasn't at a 'better' club.

Apart from Scumbell, Carrick is probably my least liked player that left us. We managed to turn him from a West Ham plodder into one of the most cultured English midfielders of his generation.

Admittedly it took a while for us to work out what to do with him, but when he had his chance with us, his career sky rocketed.

And then he lifted his skirt for the first bigger club that took an interest. And his career has stagnated since.

****er.

What a load of rubbish, 5 Prem titles, 2 Lge cups, 1 Champs Lge. not counting the 5 charity shields.

Think we'll sign a player on Thursday, that's a hunch rather than ITK but heh, it's the best that we have at the moment.

It's at this point that I remind people that I didn't give a specific date, just a Thursday..so my reputation as an ITK stays in tact & when we finally sign a player on a Thursday, I can say that I knew! ;)

Not stagnating.

Carrick was pretty much an ever present for a United team winning leagues and the Champions League - but, as with his time at Spurs, unless you watch him week in week out his contribution to the team gets overlooked. i know from seeing United fans on a mixed forum im a member of post about him they think very highly of him and have him down as one of the best players over that period and key to the way they played.

Carrick was pretty much an ever present for a United team winning leagues and the Champions League - but, as with his time at Spurs, unless you watch him week in week out his contribution to the team gets overlooked. i know from seeing United fans on a mixed forum im a member of post about him they think very highly of him and have him down as one of the best players over that period and key to the way they played.

He was excellent for us. Agreed. And he has gone on to have a massive career with Man U.

He was excellent for us. Agreed. And he has gone on to have a massive career with Man U.

I do remember him mentioning the difference in intensity between the 2 clubs in that at Utd losing was a much bigger issue than it had been at Spurs but I was not aware of any other disparaging remarks. Do you have any other examples _ just for of my own interest?

I think it's absolutley fantastic there has been no ITK.

For the first time in years I feel like a bottle of champagne ready to pop with excitement that one morning I awake to find someone has signed for us. The anticipation is brilliant.

i have often thought about switching off the internet during the transfer windows but that's difficult when you rely on it for your business.

Back