• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd League cup semi Final first leg

Would not surprise me at all if we went 1-0 down, and end up scraping home 2-1. Probably, especially after what happened v Burnley it might actually be better if the tie is still wide open, we may not go there then thinking job done send the reserves...then again I would not say no to a 5-0 1st leg win if it was going begging

Two legged cup semi final against a league one team, first leg at WHL? Simple answer = send out strongest team out available in the first match, try to win it nice and comfortably if at all possible.

It's interesting to look at this tie from Sheffield Utd.'s perspective. Not a particularly good team - 10-6-8 record.

After they play us midweek, they have an FA Cup tie away on Saturday to Preston North End, who sit a couple places higher - by 10 points - in the League One table. After the second Capital One Cup tie, they host League One leaders Swindon Town - 18 points above them - the following Sunday.

At present, ShefU are battling to get into a playoff position. Tied on points for sixth place, one point out of fifth, but 10 teams are within six points of fifth, so there's still a lot of heavy sledding to do to earn a playoff spot.

They will have some interesting decisions to make regarding their own roster, which isn't as deep as ours, and which games to prioritise. I'm sure they want to give their fans a thrill in a glamour Cup tie, since this is as close to a Wembley final as they're likely to get, never mind actually winning one. Their other games don't offer great prospects of wins.

They'll be fired up on Wednesday night and givin' 'er.

Bloody hell I didn't realise they were League One. I want 6! Seriously, just take it seriously and go for it right from the off.

Two legged cup semi final against a league one team, first leg at WHL? Simple answer = send out strongest team out available in the first match, try to win it nice and comfortably if at all possible.

Sheff U have only sold 18k tickets so far for the away leg (including our allocation), even though it'll be their biggest match in years, because they are expecting to be hammered at WHL.

Sheff U have only sold 18k tickets so far for the away leg (including our allocation), even though it'll be their biggest match in years, because they are expecting to be hammered at WHL.

Yet they've knocked out Southampton and hammered QPR 3-0 in the FA Cup. We have to be serious in this first leg. Hopefully we can put them to the sword, but we are always vulnerable at the back no matter who we are playing

Fun Fact: Earlier this season they lost 5-2 to Swindon, with Jonathan Obika getting on the scoresheet for Swindon.

(Prob means we'll lose ha)

We need to put it to bed on Wednesday night, the attitude and application needs to be spot on from our team

Clough has only lost 3 of 18 cup ties he has had in charge of Sheffield United so they will be well up for it and with the second leg being away we need a good to nil lead

---------------------Lloris----------------------

Walker------Fazio------Vertonghen----Davies

-------------Stambouli----Dembele-----------

----Townsend--------Eriksen-----------Chadli---

---------------------Kane----------------------

Same team for me, except Rose in for Davies. Though I'm not against Davies starting, but Rose is our first choice right now, imo.

People are mad, we'll win 4-0 minimum. I think we should rest everyone against Leicester so play as string as possible barring niggles and tired players. Ideally:

Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Jan, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane

Dier was fine sat so happy with him if Fazio still struggling. Townsend (even better, lennon) if Lamela still out. Then our reserves Saturday. Depending on this leg a mix in the away leg and the strongest team against west brom without sacrificing anyone for the goons!

Perfect :)

We have to go all out in the first leg and aim to blow them away. If they have a chance of pulling something off at their place we will be in for a real fight. Take the sting out of the tie ASAP.

They seem convinced that a narrow defeat will be good enough and they'll do us at the real Lane. We'll underestimate them thinking they're a dirty long ball team, which apparently they're not.

-------------Lloris
Walker---Fazio---Vert----Rose
-------Stambouli--Dembele
Townsend---Kane----Eriksen
--------------Ade

Then give a few of the others - Capoue, Paulinho, Davies, Yedlin, Soldado - a run out against Leicester.

EY_3303_4_YO2012.jpg

Please let this work...

No Chadli for tomorrows game.

That's a pain. Especially with no sign of Lamela or Mason returning yet.

Team picks itself then for me:

---------------Lloris
Walker----Fazio----Verts---Rose
------Stambouli--Dembele
--Townsend--Kane--Eriksen
--------------Soldado

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Dier, Capoue, Paulinho, Ceballos, Ade

Back