• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

I think Rose's run there is the exact runs that Soldado has started to avoid making to ensure that he isn't on the end of another missed chance.

This too me is crazy, so since he cannot finish he shouldn't make the appropriate run to try and score? It's the exact reason he shouldn't be in the team when we have big games. The others suggesting he play as a wide man now I have heard it all! He is going to track back and he is going to beat players with pace and dribbling? it is crazy the amount of excuses this man gets made for him.

His overall play was good by all accounts thats all well and good but he is a striker and strikers need to score to goal and he is continuing to fail miserably at that.

This too me is crazy, so since he cannot finish he shouldn't make the appropriate run to try and score? It's the exact reason he shouldn't be in the team when we have big games. The others suggesting he play as a wide man now I have heard it all! He is going to track back and he is going to beat players with pace and dribbling? it is crazy the amount of excuses this man gets made for him.

His overall play was good by all accounts thats all well and good but he is a striker and strikers need to score to goal and he is continuing to fail miserably at that.

Hold on! Just because someone makes a comment on a message board it doesn't make it fact by any means! What is a fact is that Soldado is still missing sitters which actually means he IS still making the runs to get in to positions to score, yesterday is a prime exactly of him doing this, not of him failing to do it!!

Also, if a striker sets up two goals is that not just as good as getting them himself? For example, had Rose been the one to cross and soldado the one to score does that make Soldado's contribution to yesterday's game better?!

Hold on! Just because someone makes a comment on a message board it doesn't make it fact by any means! What is a fact is that Soldado is still missing sitters which actually means he IS still making the runs to get in to positions to score, yesterday is a prime exactly of him doing this, not of him failing to do it!!

Also, if a striker sets up two goals is that not just as good as getting them himself? For example, had Rose been the one to cross and soldado the one to score does that make Soldado's contribution to yesterday's game better?!

It does when it's me that said it! ;)

In fairness Gazza, he's in the team to put the ball in the net. As good as his ball to Rose was, the much maligned Townsend's was to him. If Rose can convert, he should convert.

I like him and continue to hope - perhaps at this point irrationally - that he'll find his scoring boots, he's not devoid of value as some suggest on here, but yesterday's miss was appalling.

You know such agents doing this? Interesting. Id be very surprised if there wasnt a few teams in Spain prepared to take him back home....
Wages are generally lower there other than at the big 3 or 4. If he goes anywhere for a reasonable fee it is more likely to be Italy.

For one, I would say Townsend set up the first goal not Soldado but still was a great bit of play to set up Rose. It is nice that he did contribute this match but by and large his overall play has been way overstated on here and by Spurs fans in general to sort of find some value in him, as he has been a waste in front of goal.

When you are put on the team sheet as a striker you are judged on goals fair or not and it has and always will be that way. We have other players who can create goals in our side we need somebody to put the chances away and that should ultimately fall on our striker. Kane has obviously done very well and Chadli and Eriksen have chipped in but we can't afford to carry Soldado in the side in the hopes he may pop up with a nice assist. Would rather have players in the side who offer more and pose a goal scoring threat.

When you are put on the team sheet as a striker you are judged on goals fair or not and it has and always will be that way. We have other players who can create goals in our side we need somebody to put the chances away and that should ultimately fall on our striker. Kane has obviously done very well and Chadli and Eriksen have chipped in but we can't afford to carry Soldado in the side in the hopes he may pop up with a nice assist. Would rather have players in the side who offer more and pose a goal scoring threat.

Absolutely, but we have to look at mitigating factors

- We only have 3 strikers
- Priority number 1 seems to be getting rid of Ade (as the potential rumour of team problems continues)
- That would leave us with 2 strikers
- While Soldado is a flop, at least the team is scoring when he's on the pitch (not an excuse)

My view

- We get rid of Ade now
- Get a new striker in
- Leverage Soldado +new striker as rotation/subs for 2nd half of season
- Unless Soldado suddenly finds his shooting boots again, sell on in summer and bring in someone else.

- Priority number 1 seems to be getting rid of Ade (as the potential rumour of team problems continues)
- While Soldado is a flop, at least the team is scoring when he's on the pitch (not an excuse)

My view

- We get rid of Ade now
- Get a new striker in
- Unless Soldado suddenly finds his shooting boots again, sell on in summer and bring in someone else.

I think that is spot on and I understand part of the problem is we literally have no other options so we are hoping beyond hope that Soldado will somehow find "it" but it looks less likely every match and every chance he fluffs. The worrying part is the further we get in these competitions the better sides we will face and more pressure coming with it Kane is going to have to play twice a week if we do not get another striker in.

Can we really rely on Soldado in cup semis and Europa knockout matches? I certainly wouldn't.

Ade seems like he has pretty much forced his way out of the club so it is imperative we get rid and get someone in that can play up top to take some pressure off of Kane. I still shudder at the thought of Kane picking up a knock I have no clue what we would do.

My view

- We get rid of Ade now
- Get a new striker in

+1

Um ... remember 12 December 2013?

Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 Anzhi Makhachkala

Roberto Soldado 7, 16, 70; Lewis Holtby 54

Didn't help he was left out the following game of course.

my favorite excuse as to why he can't score haha. If he scored more than once every 10 matches he wouldn't be dropped

Back