• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*OMT* - Tottenham vs. Burnley - FA Cup

Can see this being a very difficult match for us. We have been hardly convincing in Cup so far this season. And we have just lost our first match in 8 matches. It remains to be seen if the players are still affected by that defeat. This match will show what the team is really made of. We did well to go on a 7 match unbeaten run. Now we have to recover immediately from that defeat if we want to achieve something this season. FA Cup used to be very special for us. So, want us to give our best in this match and progress to the next round.

Want us to play our best team in this match. But somehow can see Pochettino resting a few players. But don't think we should rest the core of the team like Vertonghen, Eriksen, Chadli and Kane. I think we will struggle badly if we rest any of them. We would have won this match the first time, if we had played Kane from the start against Burnley. Soldado simply don't have the confidence and luck to score goals now.

IMO, we should again start Dembele and Stambouli despite the defeat to Palace. Thought they did well apart from the moment of madness from Stambouli. Hope we will start Lennon as well. Wish Lamela is fit to play as well.

We have to score an early goal to help us settle down in this match. Then we have to find the all-important 2nd goal to kill the match. If we don't do that, then we will have the same problem that we had against Palace. Ofcourse, we will have to avoid any stupid mistakes in defence. Don't want the defence to be to ambitious. Just want us to give priority to safety of our goal.

Hope we will avoid going all the way to the penalties as we seldom win it. Hope we will make use of the chances that come our away and kill the game off in normal time.

Can't believe it's not on TV yet Sky 1 and 5 sports both showing the same game at 8pm. Ridiculous.

It sucks. I make sure to get to a game once or twice a year but I can't do anymore. However I never miss them if viewable in any form - usually we get screwed one fixture a year but it happening twice in an all PL affair is a bit much. That's why I'm upset

Can't believe BBC are not showing this game tonight!!!

As long as they're only showing one, Southampton vs top championship side Ipswich IS more interesting than our third game against Burnley in three weeks. I find all prem cup ties boring as they already play each other twice.

The fact that everyone running football competitions in England is totally incompetent when it comes to coverage and caring about fans is another matter.

So team news is that Mason and Lamela remain out and Bentaleb is away. I read somewhere that Ade has been in full training for a while but isn't ready for first team action? He's a pretty fit guy generally just chuck him in today. Just save Kane at all costs. I say play Ade and Soldado, Townsend and Lennon and Capoue and Paulinho. A lot of experience there. Just go for it, if we go out, we go out, at least we would have rested Chadli, Eriksen and Kane.

So team news is that Mason and Lamela remain out and Bentaleb is away. I read somewhere that Ade has been in full training for a while but isn't ready for first team action? He's a pretty fit guy generally just chuck him in today. Just save Kane at all costs. I say play Ade and Soldado, Townsend and Lennon and Capoue and Paulinho. A lot of experience there. Just go for it, if we go out, we go out, at least we would have rested Chadli, Eriksen and Kane.

Poch "We have played 34 games, more than anyone else. We need to manage our players."

Training video from earlier featuring the likes of Onomah, Ball and Sonupe.

[video=youtube;_llaRpVrm1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_llaRpVrm1w[/video]

Didn't see either Lennon or Townsend in any of those. Not seen Lennon in many videos at all recently.

Kaboul either.

We have a big squad, we really should use it. The players we struggle to cover right now are our 3 main goalscorers.

And of course Bentaleb and Mason

Ade has been training for weeks, if he is not in the squad tonight he is never going to be again.

diego_maradona;656272[B said:
]Didn't see either Lennon or Townsend in any of those. Not seen Lennon in many videos at all recently.

Kaboul either. [/B]

We have a big squad, we really should use it. The players we struggle to cover right now are our 3 main goalscorers.

And of course Bentaleb and Mason

Kaboul and Lennon are in the group in the opening shot.
Townsend is in the running group 23 seconds in.

Last edited:
Onomah is ridiculous, so nimble and agile for his size. Give him a chance Poch, even if it's only for 20 minutes or so.

Back